Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70338 03/09/10 06:03 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I cannot believe no one's commented on this - maybe everyone is just awestruck with your awesomeness.

It was a wretched trick the Prankster's lawyer pulled and I can just see Lois working hard to get revenge - but then it also clarified her feelings for Clark.

Bravo hail

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Liked your story - however, it was an awful trick to play on someone.

I was expecting Clark to actually be dead and reading how Lois was included in his will - maybe you could do an alternate ending or something?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. It was not at all what I was expecting...I am new to this fandom, but I have heard of "Tank endings" (although I have yet to read one), and I am assuming that you are the "Tank" for whom they are named. I therefore thought that this would be a very depressing read. I was delighted to be proven wrong.

And with Lois and Clark's relationship moving forward as a result of the events in the story, the joke is on the Prankster. smile

cheers,
Lynn

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was scared to read this fic because I thought it was a deathfic. Dandello's post showed me that it wasn't. What a sweet story! I love it! And the ending was as funny as it was cute!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by TOC:
I was scared to read this fic because I thought it was a deathfic. Dandello's post showed me that it wasn't. What a sweet story! I love it! And the ending was as funny as it was cute!
This was EXACTLY my reaction. After all, this is Tank.

Once I realized that it was safe I read through and loved it. Thank you Prankster.

And thank you Tank. clap

Bob

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This is like a bonus TOGOM fic where Clark doesn't have to be afraid to be alive. Nicely done.

BTW, Lynn, all of Tank's fics are worth reading, even the Tank endings which he hasn't written for years.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
BTW, Lynn, all of Tank's fics are worth reading, even the Tank endings which he hasn't written for years.
Ditto and second that.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And I'll third it. laugh Tank Endings are jokey little false endings to stories which are usually death and destruction on a grand scale. Not to be confused with Tank's 'real' stories. You'll find a lot of WAFFs and laughs in those and - yes - the odd WHAM or two. Definitely recommended.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My first thought was it's about someone's Last Will. No idea why, though. Maybe the author's name? clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for the recommendation. I will add Tank's writings to my steadily increasing list of "to be read" fanfic. So many stories, so little time...What a wonderful "problem" to have. Thanks to all the terrific fanfic authors out there! :-)

cheers,
Lynn

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to those gentle readers who enjoyed the story and posted comments. It's always nice to hear the readers thoughts.

I'm still at a loss as to how I keep getting this reputation...

My nickname should be KOTHE, King Of The Happy Ending.

Tank (who encourages anyone who wishes to check out any Tank fic on the archive, there are a few of them there)

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
And to think the word 'hair' was never mentioned!!
Nice story, Tank.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard