Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Dandello FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 10:03 AM
I cannot believe no one's commented on this - maybe everyone is just awestruck with your awesomeness.

It was a wretched trick the Prankster's lawyer pulled and I can just see Lois working hard to get revenge - but then it also clarified her feelings for Clark.

Bravo hail
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 11:34 AM
Liked your story - however, it was an awful trick to play on someone.

I was expecting Clark to actually be dead and reading how Lois was included in his will - maybe you could do an alternate ending or something?
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 11:45 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. It was not at all what I was expecting...I am new to this fandom, but I have heard of "Tank endings" (although I have yet to read one), and I am assuming that you are the "Tank" for whom they are named. I therefore thought that this would be a very depressing read. I was delighted to be proven wrong.

And with Lois and Clark's relationship moving forward as a result of the events in the story, the joke is on the Prankster. smile

cheers,
Lynn
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 11:47 AM
I was scared to read this fic because I thought it was a deathfic. Dandello's post showed me that it wasn't. What a sweet story! I love it! And the ending was as funny as it was cute!

Ann
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TOC:
I was scared to read this fic because I thought it was a deathfic. Dandello's post showed me that it wasn't. What a sweet story! I love it! And the ending was as funny as it was cute!
This was EXACTLY my reaction. After all, this is Tank.

Once I realized that it was safe I read through and loved it. Thank you Prankster.

And thank you Tank. clap

Bob
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 02:30 PM
This is like a bonus TOGOM fic where Clark doesn't have to be afraid to be alive. Nicely done.

BTW, Lynn, all of Tank's fics are worth reading, even the Tank endings which he hasn't written for years.

Elisabeth
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/09/10 10:03 PM
BTW, Lynn, all of Tank's fics are worth reading, even the Tank endings which he hasn't written for years.
Ditto and second that.
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/10/10 05:08 AM
And I'll third it. laugh Tank Endings are jokey little false endings to stories which are usually death and destruction on a grand scale. Not to be confused with Tank's 'real' stories. You'll find a lot of WAFFs and laughs in those and - yes - the odd WHAM or two. Definitely recommended.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/10/10 01:04 PM
My first thought was it's about someone's Last Will. No idea why, though. Maybe the author's name? clap

Michael
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/10/10 02:32 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I will add Tank's writings to my steadily increasing list of "to be read" fanfic. So many stories, so little time...What a wonderful "problem" to have. Thanks to all the terrific fanfic authors out there! :-)

cheers,
Lynn
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/11/10 03:17 PM
Thanks to those gentle readers who enjoyed the story and posted comments. It's always nice to hear the readers thoughts.

I'm still at a loss as to how I keep getting this reputation...

My nickname should be KOTHE, King Of The Happy Ending.

Tank (who encourages anyone who wishes to check out any Tank fic on the archive, there are a few of them there)
Posted By: suez Re: FDK - Where There's a Will - 03/16/10 03:48 PM
And to think the word 'hair' was never mentioned!!
Nice story, Tank.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards