Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69710 02/16/10 09:50 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks to Carol and Kathy, who looked this over for me... I was going to wait until after Kerth season to post this, maybe wait 'til the boards' anniversary in April... but then I decided I'm too impatient for that smile

Hope you like it! I see this as the final, final, *last* story in this six-party "trilogy" (hence the title) -- I hope you'll find it a good wrap-up.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#69711 02/16/10 09:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Haven't read it yet, but...

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
wave

PS: Are you doing K next? grovel

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#69712 02/16/10 10:03 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love it!!!!!! I squealed when I saw the posting.

This series has always been one of my favorites. I just recently reread all of it.

I am so glad we got the happy ending for them. It was perfect.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have chili your way, every way

robinson
#69713 02/16/10 10:51 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Woohoo, Pam-fic! I love this final chapter (and sad that it's final). I have a feeling that Perry would eventually figure it out, but he's of course discrete enough not to tell.

And I'm going to echo Michael's clamoring for K. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#69714 02/16/10 02:16 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pam!

This whole series has been wonderful. Thank you for putting all the titles with a link at the beginning of the post. I went back and re-read each one before reading the current post. I've done that every time you've added a part and I’ve loved it every time. What a clever wrap-up to a unique take on our favorite couple.

Write on! smile1
Anne

#69715 02/16/10 02:22 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
A nice ending to a fabulous tale. It's hard for me to imagine Lois with a Russian accent, which is why it works so well. She reminds me of one of the bidders at Superman's bachelor auction.

Elisabeth

#69716 02/16/10 03:40 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's a great ending! I really enjoyed Lyn. I think you captured her "Russian-ness" (or Bulgarian-ness) excellently. I can actually believe that Perry was fooled.

I giggled at this:

"What if I set up a savings account, and give you an ATM card that you can carry, Superman?"
Great idea, but just exactly where would he carry it? There isn't much extra space in that skintight suit. I think an ATM card would make a very noticable rectangular shape on his, well, wherever he would carry it! Maybe he could do what he did in the old comics, have a sort of pocket in his cape where he could carry essentials? Oh well, I guess that if he can carry a full Clark Kent outfit in that suit, including a suit, tie, glasses and shoes, he ought to be able to carry a small plastic card too! (But I've been a Star Trek fan too, and I know that those who wrote scripts for the original Star Trek series with Kirk and Spock were told not to write that Kirk and Spock put anything in their pockets - "there are no pockets!".)

Anyway, that's just me being carried away in my usual way. I really enjoyed this epilogue, and thought you gave Clark and Lois - or Lyn and Joe - a delightfully happy ending!

Ann

#69717 02/16/10 03:47 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh... pure WAFF! Extremely enjoyable. And I'm glad to see Alt-Clark get a private life.

#69718 02/16/10 04:58 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Enjoyed it a lot! The only thing I didn't like was that word "end."

#69719 02/18/10 03:21 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooh, you liked it! smile I'm so out of practice at this...

Michael, you're a hoot. Hope the actual story wasn't a let-down!

Kathy, thank you! It's so nice to know that the series hasn't been forgotten... I'm quite fond of it, myself. laugh

Karen, yeah, Perry might twig sooner or later, but I didn't want to have him in on the secret yet, anyway. As for K... well, H was short, I was medium, and J was longish (for me, anyway!) so I'm a little worried about having to produce an epic :p Seriously, there are things in that universe that I'd like to address, but I haven't quite figured out how, yet. Plus the A-plot in MOSB was mind-bendingly stupid in spots, so that was giving me fits, too. smile However, you never know. Thanks for asking, though!

Anne, I'm so glad you liked it. I felt I had to put links there in case people had forgotten about the series entirely (part 5 came out in, what, 2008? goofy ), and I just couldn't squeeze that much backstory into this part without dragging it down entirely.

What a clever wrap-up to a unique take on our favorite couple.
blush Thanks... that's what I was aiming for. So many alt-Clark stories have him trying to explain everything to her, and that's fun, but I wanted to twist it so she was explaining it to him smile And then it just grew from there...

Thanks, Elisabeth -- I know you said you were more used to Russian lullabies. Actually, I suppose they should have been speaking Bulgarian. I might yet change that, although, again, I wasn't sure how to explain it in context without going terribly off-tangent. It's been in my head for *years* that they would use Bulgarian and/or Russian to speak privately to each other in public. I even thought of having them split the difference, with her speaking Bulgarian and him speaking Russian, just to further encrypt things. But again, I didn't think I could fit that in here.

Ann, thank you for believing that Perry was fooled. laugh My betas originally thought he saw right through her, so I went back and made it more definitive. As I said above, he might get there, but I'm not ready for that yet.

Great idea, but just exactly where would he carry it? There isn't much extra space in that skintight suit. I think an ATM card would make a very noticable rectangular shape on his, well, wherever he would carry it!
LOL! I hadn't considered the problem, but I think he could probably tuck it into his belt, or maybe sneak it behind the S shield, or something... Anyway, so glad you liked it.

Thanks, Iolanthe, getting altClark his privacy back was my goal, especially since I'd made the tabloids so very intrusive in this universe. The whole series was me saying "Hmm, here's a problem. Okay, here's a solution. Good. No, wait, that causes another problem..."

Sorry about the "end" part, cookiesmom smile But I *think* I've run out of problems to solve, so this feels finished to me. Glad you liked it otherwise.

Okay, my reply is going to be take up more than half the thread, so I'll stop now. smile Thanks everyone, for reminding me how much I love getting feedback wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#69720 02/18/10 06:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Pam, wave

Sorry to be late on the FDK. I’ve been fighting with RL issues and I’m barely reading anything these days. However, I couldn’t let this go without comment.

This was a sweet piece and if you choose to end it here, this seems like a good place.

As much as I enjoyed the part, I was left feeling a little bit sad. They've both had to give up so much to be together. They have each other, and that is most important, but what about the rest of their lives? For example, what about Lucy? I know Lois was never that close to her family but I would think she’d want to maintain some contact. Would she want to lie to them about her status? I’d think that at the very least she would let them know she was married.

So, if you ever feel like revisiting this universe again, may I suggest a visit with the White’s as Lyn and Joe to tell him who they are? I would think that if there was one person she would want to know, it would be Perry. He would be able to keep the secret while being a good contact for Lyn and Joe. As an alternative, a Lucy revelation might be fun. Just some ideas.

If this is the last installment of this series, it has been a fun run. Part 1, “My Interview with Superman” remains one of my all-time favorite stories.

Finally, I have to add my voice to the chorus of calls for a ‘K’ story.
And… have you considered another story in the “Hearts” series? To me, “Hearts United” seemed to cry out for a sequel.

In any case, thanks for this story. I enjoyed it very much.

Bob

#69721 02/19/10 07:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
Michael, you're a hoot. Hope the actual story wasn't a let-down!
blush Loved it smile I think your story is the first, that actually explained why people don't recognize Clark, or in your case, Lois. The use of Lyn and Joe instead of Lois and Clark was dizzying but really well done. And of course, they have to think in those terms if they want to be safe from slip-ups smile

She looks at Perry and says, "We're not doing anything fancy. In fact, we were thinking of grabbing a flight to Las Vegas tonight and just going for it."
And then she can take her plane right into the honeymoon suite laugh
We were? I wasn't, but it sounds like a fantastic idea. And she can grab me anytime she likes.
rotflol

Before that, though, we need to hunt up a justice of the peace or something... I'm getting tired of sleeping on the sofa.
And Lyn's fine with that?

Originally posted by ChiefPam:
As for K... well, H was short, I was medium, and J was longish (for me, anyway!) so I'm a little worried about having to produce an epic :p Seriously, there are things in that universe that I'd like to address, but I haven't quite figured out how, yet. Plus the A-plot in MOSB was mind-bendingly stupid in spots, so that was giving me fits, too. smile
If you want, you could just skip over it like you did with Smart Kids. wink PML's A-plot is way more fun laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard