Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh Man!!! smile

“Just the person,” Perry White said enthusiastically. “Kent, I’d like you to meet our star reporter. Lucas Lane, meet Clark Kent.”
I am so cracking up!!! This is great. I love it.

I can't wait to see what happens next. hyper

Great! Great! Great! Great!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Wendy,

When you wrote L.Lane as the by-line and mentioned that was all Clark had ever known her by, I knew her was going to be a him. thumbsup

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ahhh, Wendy... how you scheme is truly an art! I had a deep-rooted feeling that this wasn't going to turn out as one would assume, mainly that I assumed this "L. Lane" was going to be a guy. Primarily because it was all too... odd, this single enitial deal. But as per usual, you presented a delightful challenge for your good friend Tank to continue with, and I'm excited to see what he'll do with it. Can he even fathom it? A universe sans Lois Lane? :p Anyway, great part, as usual. Can't wait to see how you two will "resolve" this.

-Jo

Columnist
Columnist
Oh dang, Wendy! You are just evil evil evil !!!!!!!!!

Such a lovely start, and getting our hopes up like that. Then, WHAM-O!

I can't wait to see how Tank gets himself out of this one - and then, how about posting your solution after he does, so that we can compare them, hmmm?

Melisma (still giggling, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
!!!!!

Incredible, Wendy!! Wondering how Tank is going to work it out.

I loved several lines - the last one, Lois's 'advice'...oh, this one was fantastic:

And there was another mistake he wasn’t making. His counterpart, once he’d returned from New Krypton, had asked him about his preparation for the upcoming interview with Perry White. And, as a result of the other Clark’s advice, nowhere in Clark’s portfolio was a certain story about the mating habits of knob-tailed geckos.
laugh

Now, where's Tank?????
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
evil evil evil evil evil

Need I say more?? Okay, I guess I do have one more comment - cat

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part, Wendy! thumbsup

What's next, Tank? evil

malu

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVE IT!! evil

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Heh. I saw it coming; the title made me wonder if you'd pulled a gender bender and the initial was another hint in that direction but 'heh' nonetheless. Great little challenge here, Wendy, wonderfully written as always and with a cliffhanger that's quite amusing for everyone (except Clark, I guess). I can't wait to see how Tank deals with it!

Rac

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! A new W&T challenge! goofy *Lucas* Lane, huh? Oh boy, Wendy, you *are* evil evil

Curious to see how Tank gets himself out of that mess. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
WooHoo!! smile1 Great challenge, Wendy! Wonderful first part. Okay, so it's very evil , but what else could we expect of you? I just love it. smile

Now hurry on with the end, Tank. Can't wait to see how you're going to solve this one.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I guessed it! I guessed just it when I saw "L. Lane".

Now, can the solution be as simple as Lois has a brother called Lucas? Or Lois is dressed as a man in order to make a better career in journalism? Or this is a fairytale and an evil witch has made a spell...

Gabriele
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

What a fantastic set-up! smile1

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, this is evil, but then we all know that Wendy is evil.

Truthfully I have to admit that two solutions immediately presented themselves to me when I finished reading the story. I just have to figure out which way I want to go.

Also, the gentle readers are going to have to be a little patient with me on this one. I have not fully recovered from my pinched nerve problem, nor am I likely to in the near future. I have a degenerate condition that involves moderate narrowing in four pathways in my neck and shoulders. As of yet the nerve hasn't calmed down enough to allow full freedom from pain in my left shoulder and arm. I tend to have the most problems when sitting down.

Having dealt with arthritis for nearly thirty years I can deal with pain in small doses, which allows me to still play on these boards. Unfortunately it's going to take me longer than normal to write a full story part as I'll have to do it in small bites over time. Or... maybe I'll figure out a way to type standing up.

I will answer this challenge, it just might take a bit longer than normal.

Tank (who thinks the most evil part of this challenge is that there is no long-haired Lois who needs a haircut wink )

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
wonderfully mean
come on Tank
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

Oh my gosh. That was an absolute SCREAM. Tank, I can't wait to see how you dig your way out of this one!

JD
(who nonetheless wonders if Lucas Lane is going to get a haircut)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL!

Great part 1, Wendy!

I'm just thankfull his name isn't "Lex" Lane wink

Can't wait to read part two...but don't hurt yourself more Tank.

-Breanna

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard