Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: lynnm FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/11/03 02:47 PM
Oh Man!!! smile

“Just the person,” Perry White said enthusiastically. “Kent, I’d like you to meet our star reporter. Lucas Lane, meet Clark Kent.”
I am so cracking up!!! This is great. I love it.

I can't wait to see what happens next. hyper

Great! Great! Great! Great!
Lynn
Wendy,

When you wrote L.Lane as the by-line and mentioned that was all Clark had ever known her by, I knew her was going to be a him. thumbsup
Ahhh, Wendy... how you scheme is truly an art! I had a deep-rooted feeling that this wasn't going to turn out as one would assume, mainly that I assumed this "L. Lane" was going to be a guy. Primarily because it was all too... odd, this single enitial deal. But as per usual, you presented a delightful challenge for your good friend Tank to continue with, and I'm excited to see what he'll do with it. Can he even fathom it? A universe sans Lois Lane? :p Anyway, great part, as usual. Can't wait to see how you two will "resolve" this.

-Jo
Posted By: Melisma Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/11/03 03:51 PM
Oh dang, Wendy! You are just evil evil evil !!!!!!!!!

Such a lovely start, and getting our hopes up like that. Then, WHAM-O!

I can't wait to see how Tank gets himself out of this one - and then, how about posting your solution after he does, so that we can compare them, hmmm?

Melisma (still giggling, here under her Rock)
!!!!!

Incredible, Wendy!! Wondering how Tank is going to work it out.

I loved several lines - the last one, Lois's 'advice'...oh, this one was fantastic:

And there was another mistake he wasn’t making. His counterpart, once he’d returned from New Krypton, had asked him about his preparation for the upcoming interview with Perry White. And, as a result of the other Clark’s advice, nowhere in Clark’s portfolio was a certain story about the mating habits of knob-tailed geckos.
laugh

Now, where's Tank?????
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/11/03 05:41 PM
evil evil evil evil evil

Need I say more?? Okay, I guess I do have one more comment - cat

Irene
Posted By: malu Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/11/03 06:19 PM
Great part, Wendy! thumbsup

What's next, Tank? evil

malu
LOVE IT!! evil

~Liz
Posted By: Rac Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/11/03 09:00 PM
Heh. I saw it coming; the title made me wonder if you'd pulled a gender bender and the initial was another hint in that direction but 'heh' nonetheless. Great little challenge here, Wendy, wonderfully written as always and with a cliffhanger that's quite amusing for everyone (except Clark, I guess). I can't wait to see how Tank deals with it!

Rac
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 12:47 AM
Yay! A new W&T challenge! goofy *Lucas* Lane, huh? Oh boy, Wendy, you *are* evil evil

Curious to see how Tank gets himself out of that mess. laugh

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 01:21 AM
WooHoo!! smile1 Great challenge, Wendy! Wonderful first part. Okay, so it's very evil , but what else could we expect of you? I just love it. smile

Now hurry on with the end, Tank. Can't wait to see how you're going to solve this one.

Saskia
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 04:06 AM
wave
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 04:40 AM
I guessed it! I guessed just it when I saw "L. Lane".

Now, can the solution be as simple as Lois has a brother called Lucas? Or Lois is dressed as a man in order to make a better career in journalism? Or this is a fairytale and an evil witch has made a spell...
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 04:45 AM
Wendy

What a fantastic set-up! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 07:58 AM
Okay, this is evil, but then we all know that Wendy is evil.

Truthfully I have to admit that two solutions immediately presented themselves to me when I finished reading the story. I just have to figure out which way I want to go.

Also, the gentle readers are going to have to be a little patient with me on this one. I have not fully recovered from my pinched nerve problem, nor am I likely to in the near future. I have a degenerate condition that involves moderate narrowing in four pathways in my neck and shoulders. As of yet the nerve hasn't calmed down enough to allow full freedom from pain in my left shoulder and arm. I tend to have the most problems when sitting down.

Having dealt with arthritis for nearly thirty years I can deal with pain in small doses, which allows me to still play on these boards. Unfortunately it's going to take me longer than normal to write a full story part as I'll have to do it in small bites over time. Or... maybe I'll figure out a way to type standing up.

I will answer this challenge, it just might take a bit longer than normal.

Tank (who thinks the most evil part of this challenge is that there is no long-haired Lois who needs a haircut wink )
Posted By: merry Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/12/03 08:15 AM
Wendy
wonderfully mean
come on Tank
merry
Hi,

Great piece. smile1
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK-Soul Mates Wendy and Tank Challenge - 10/13/03 03:32 PM
rotflol

Oh my gosh. That was an absolute SCREAM. Tank, I can't wait to see how you dig your way out of this one!

JD
(who nonetheless wonders if Lucas Lane is going to get a haircut)
LOL!

Great part 1, Wendy!

I'm just thankfull his name isn't "Lex" Lane wink

Can't wait to read part two...but don't hurt yourself more Tank.

-Breanna
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards