Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
If you recognize this line...

‘All right. You win. I'll keep my promise. Tonight, my body is yours. But my heart... my heart beats only for one man.’
...please don’t say where it comes from. Enjoy your knowledge, but let everyone else puzzle over it until the end. On the other hand, there’s nothing wrong with a little gloating. ‘Oh, I know. I know,’ will do just fine.

And, hey, maybe all of you will recognize it. No big deal really, but figured... what the heck. Keep those who don't know guessing. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

Originally posted by MLT:
If you recognize this line......there’s nothing wrong with a little gloating. ‘Oh, I know. I know,’ will do just fine.
LOL, Can we say you planted a clue about it's origin, for those that did not recognize it, in the part? Cause if we comment directly about the clue, that will also give it away.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* /off to reading/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I had to google it and OMG now it all comes back hyper And I mean, *all* of it. wave

Edit:
“Hey, Pokey, concentrate on what you’re doing?” Lois demanded, giving him a flick of her towel.
She channeling Bill Church, Sr.? laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Just read the latest three parts that you posted.

I was so happy to see that I have three parts to catch up on smile1

If I haven't mentioned it already, this fic is brilliant (as is the writer) hail

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Aaaaah, <sob>! I don't recognize, or remember, the quote! whinging

But what a great part! Wowzers!!! Lois's mind and heart are at war with themselves! Her heart is trying to force her to remember, forcing flashbacks to appear like geysers, forcing their way to the surface of her conscious mind, and her head - no doubt under some fiendish drug (or something) administered by Deter - is trying to repress and deny her true feelings.

And what a situation you left us with! Lois is naked in the waterfall, trying to cool off her desire for Clark, and Clark is just staring at her, flabbergasted - and, we must assume, aroused!

Oh, wow! How long until you post the next chapter?

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ann - it's probably not surprising that you wouldn't since you haven't seen the whole show. Though it is in a number of fics written about that particular ep...

Very nice ML.

So posting again tonight right?

wink

We're late leaving... gtg.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it! But you are evil for leaving it there! More soon! Quick! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah-ha! I didn't recognize the line at first but then guessed the source and confirmed it!

Lois is pretending so well she may start believing it herself soon. But I can't wait to see where her false memories may lead her.

And you do write pretty steamy g-fic.

Can't wait for the next part.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
you. are. so. evil.
why oh why do i put myself through this torture!!!!!!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love how you use all the little details of the show to scramble Lois' mind. She definitely needs some context for all those memories, and MAX (grr) is definitely not the one who can give them to her. Nice little evil cliffhanger at the end...my guess is that she won't give the fans what they want. At least, not yet. wink Keep it coming!

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oooh. I thought the quote came from one source, but after a few more minutes thought, I remembered where it really comes from. Sneaky sneaky! I just read all 6 parts, and now I can't wait to read the rest!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I recognize the line!!! I have to admit, it took me a few minutes to remember. I recognized it, but couldn't remember where it came from! smile

I think I like Operation Fool Kent. laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I finally Googled it and then died laughing because I just never would have remembered where that came from! Quite brilliant.

Great part. Yeah, I think Lois will self-destruct the operation fool Clark plan all on her own; resistance is futile.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yet another awesome chapter! I must admit I did not recognise the line so Googled it, but I still don't recall which episode it was in. Nonetheless, Operation Fool Kent is certainly amusing and it will be interesting to learn the outcome! Keep the chapters rolling in! I check each morning to see if a new chapter has been posted, and when there has been it just makes a great start to my day! laugh smile1

wave
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. I want more. Soon. Now would be good. wink

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wow! What a great day yesterday was. I woke up and had 2 great parts to read of an MLT story.

And then later in the day the Saints won the Super Bowl.

I enjoyed my day!

Kathy (Saints fan from the beginning)
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So she begins Operation Fool Kent by stripping down to her underwear in front of him? Oh, what a Lois Lane thing to do. Forever jumping in without checking the water level first. She's in so much trouble. I love it! Somehow I think she got a bit more than she bargained for when Clark stripped down and jumped in, too. All-time cutest butt? Nice, Lois. Let's have more of those thoughts, please!

Great reference to "It's nine o'clock. I thought you'd be naked...erm, ready." Classic L&C, and a line we all adore. I mean, who wouldn't have slipped if Clark had shown up to the door in a towel?

Oh, and the line? I felt like Lois when I read it...it was back there somewhere, filed away in my brain, and I knew I'd heard it before! But where? Who said it? In what context? It was driving me nuts. So now I feel bad for Lois - it's so frustrating when you can't remember something and you know that you know it. So I craved and googled it, and of course, it made perfect sense after that. What did we do before search engines?

But back to the story. Yes! She's having flashes of those more-than-friends moments! Those are my favorite. Loved the memory of their first kiss and of their rolling-on-the-bed makeout session in Virtually Destroyed. Can we have more of those?

Can't believe you left it where you did! Authors can be so evil. I'm so curious about what he'll do with a half-naked Lois, or what she'll do when the man she's been fantasizing about is right there in front of her! I'd love that part 7 right about now...I'm just going to be home, refreshing the boards again and again.(No work for me today...teachers love snow days, too!) How about it?

Tracey smile

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
‘All right. You win. I'll keep my promise. Tonight, my body is yours. But my heart... my heart beats only for one man.’
clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
After reading Brenda's musings, I just realized a third option for a happy ending *):

Clark could realize that Lois really does love Deter, bring her back to him. Then Clark could go and join Zara in their rule over New Krypton evil Any chance this might be happening?

Michael

PS: consider this me begging for the next part to be posted within the next 7 hours, 55 minutes blush grovel

*) a happy ending for Max laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard