Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MLT FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 03:14 AM
If you recognize this line...

‘All right. You win. I'll keep my promise. Tonight, my body is yours. But my heart... my heart beats only for one man.’
...please don’t say where it comes from. Enjoy your knowledge, but let everyone else puzzle over it until the end. On the other hand, there’s nothing wrong with a little gloating. ‘Oh, I know. I know,’ will do just fine.

And, hey, maybe all of you will recognize it. No big deal really, but figured... what the heck. Keep those who don't know guessing. wave
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 03:29 AM
Delightful part.

Originally posted by MLT:
If you recognize this line......there’s nothing wrong with a little gloating. ‘Oh, I know. I know,’ will do just fine.
LOL, Can we say you planted a clue about it's origin, for those that did not recognize it, in the part? Cause if we comment directly about the clue, that will also give it away.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 03:34 AM
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* /off to reading/

Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 04:35 AM
Okay, I had to google it and OMG now it all comes back hyper And I mean, *all* of it. wave

Edit:
“Hey, Pokey, concentrate on what you’re doing?” Lois demanded, giving him a flick of her towel.
She channeling Bill Church, Sr.? laugh
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 05:09 AM
Just read the latest three parts that you posted.

I was so happy to see that I have three parts to catch up on smile1

If I haven't mentioned it already, this fic is brilliant (as is the writer) hail
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 05:56 AM
Aaaaah, <sob>! I don't recognize, or remember, the quote! whinging

But what a great part! Wowzers!!! Lois's mind and heart are at war with themselves! Her heart is trying to force her to remember, forcing flashbacks to appear like geysers, forcing their way to the surface of her conscious mind, and her head - no doubt under some fiendish drug (or something) administered by Deter - is trying to repress and deny her true feelings.

And what a situation you left us with! Lois is naked in the waterfall, trying to cool off her desire for Clark, and Clark is just staring at her, flabbergasted - and, we must assume, aroused!

Oh, wow! How long until you post the next chapter?

Ann
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 07:08 AM
Ann - it's probably not surprising that you wouldn't since you haven't seen the whole show. Though it is in a number of fics written about that particular ep...

Very nice ML.

So posting again tonight right?

wink

We're late leaving... gtg.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 09:01 AM
Loved it! But you are evil for leaving it there! More soon! Quick! Laura
Posted By: cookiesmom Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 10:02 AM
Ah-ha! I didn't recognize the line at first but then guessed the source and confirmed it!

Lois is pretending so well she may start believing it herself soon. But I can't wait to see where her false memories may lead her.

And you do write pretty steamy g-fic.

Can't wait for the next part.
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 11:51 AM
you. are. so. evil.
why oh why do i put myself through this torture!!!!!!
Posted By: QueenOfAces Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 01:10 PM
I love how you use all the little details of the show to scramble Lois' mind. She definitely needs some context for all those memories, and MAX (grr) is definitely not the one who can give them to her. Nice little evil cliffhanger at the end...my guess is that she won't give the fans what they want. At least, not yet. wink Keep it coming!
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 02:56 PM
Oooh. I thought the quote came from one source, but after a few more minutes thought, I remembered where it really comes from. Sneaky sneaky! I just read all 6 parts, and now I can't wait to read the rest!
Posted By: lcfan99 Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 03:16 PM
I recognize the line!!! I have to admit, it took me a few minutes to remember. I recognized it, but couldn't remember where it came from! smile

I think I like Operation Fool Kent. laugh
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 09:03 PM
I finally Googled it and then died laughing because I just never would have remembered where that came from! Quite brilliant.

Great part. Yeah, I think Lois will self-destruct the operation fool Clark plan all on her own; resistance is futile.

JD
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 09:12 PM
Yet another awesome chapter! I must admit I did not recognise the line so Googled it, but I still don't recall which episode it was in. Nonetheless, Operation Fool Kent is certainly amusing and it will be interesting to learn the outcome! Keep the chapters rolling in! I check each morning to see if a new chapter has been posted, and when there has been it just makes a great start to my day! laugh smile1

wave
Elizabeth
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/07/10 09:16 PM
Great part. I want more. Soon. Now would be good. wink
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 08:09 AM
Wow! What a great day yesterday was. I woke up and had 2 great parts to read of an MLT story.

And then later in the day the Saints won the Super Bowl.

I enjoyed my day!

Kathy (Saints fan from the beginning)
www.chili-everyway.com
Posted By: traceylynn Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 08:11 AM
So she begins Operation Fool Kent by stripping down to her underwear in front of him? Oh, what a Lois Lane thing to do. Forever jumping in without checking the water level first. She's in so much trouble. I love it! Somehow I think she got a bit more than she bargained for when Clark stripped down and jumped in, too. All-time cutest butt? Nice, Lois. Let's have more of those thoughts, please!

Great reference to "It's nine o'clock. I thought you'd be naked...erm, ready." Classic L&C, and a line we all adore. I mean, who wouldn't have slipped if Clark had shown up to the door in a towel?

Oh, and the line? I felt like Lois when I read it...it was back there somewhere, filed away in my brain, and I knew I'd heard it before! But where? Who said it? In what context? It was driving me nuts. So now I feel bad for Lois - it's so frustrating when you can't remember something and you know that you know it. So I craved and googled it, and of course, it made perfect sense after that. What did we do before search engines?

But back to the story. Yes! She's having flashes of those more-than-friends moments! Those are my favorite. Loved the memory of their first kiss and of their rolling-on-the-bed makeout session in Virtually Destroyed. Can we have more of those?

Can't believe you left it where you did! Authors can be so evil. I'm so curious about what he'll do with a half-naked Lois, or what she'll do when the man she's been fantasizing about is right there in front of her! I'd love that part 7 right about now...I'm just going to be home, refreshing the boards again and again.(No work for me today...teachers love snow days, too!) How about it?

Tracey smile
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 10:31 AM
‘All right. You win. I'll keep my promise. Tonight, my body is yours. But my heart... my heart beats only for one man.’
clap
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 02:18 PM
After reading Brenda's musings, I just realized a third option for a happy ending *):

Clark could realize that Lois really does love Deter, bring her back to him. Then Clark could go and join Zara in their rule over New Krypton evil Any chance this might be happening?

Michael

PS: consider this me begging for the next part to be posted within the next 7 hours, 55 minutes blush grovel

*) a happy ending for Max laugh
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 02:47 PM
This story has certainly generated lots of discussion... awesome! I just read BJ's post and found this most interesting..

I think either Lois is going to outsmart herself with Operation Fool Kent and she'll end up regaining enough of her memory to start doubting the belief that she's in love with Max, OR she'll start remembering all of the angsty moments with Clark, like when he broke up with her for her own good or tossed her in the garbage bin, which could strengthen her belief that she left Clark for Max for cause.
I never thought of that! Some wonderful thoughts there!

Can't wait for more. Please post more soon! hyper

Cheers from NZ
Elizabeth
Posted By: MLT Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 04:46 PM
LOL, Can we say you planted a clue about it's origin, for those that did not recognize it, in the part? Cause if we comment directly about the clue, that will also give it away.
laugh

I had to google it
I finally Googled it
I did not recognise the line so Googled it
So I craved and googled it, and of course, it made perfect sense after that. What did we do before search engines?
Did I mention that I get a payment from google every time that line is googled? laugh

who needs nfic when you can get ML's gfic-version
you do write pretty steamy g-fic.
Did I mention that if anyone ever thinks I step over the line, they should feel free to let me know? I think I know where the boundries are, but at times I think my big toe has a tendency to crowd that line. So if you ever think I've stepped over the line, please let me know.

this fic is brilliant (as is the writer)
Not so sure about the brilliant. Twisted might be a better description (of both the fic and the writer) blush

But what a great part! Wowzers!!! Lois's mind and heart are at war with themselves! Her heart is trying to force her to remember, forcing flashbacks to appear like geysers, forcing their way to the surface of her conscious mind, and her head - no doubt under some fiendish drug (or something) administered by Deter - is trying to repress and deny her true feelings.
What a great way to describe it! Unless... Well, maybe Lois really is in love with Deter. Did you consider that possibility? wave
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 07:25 PM
Aw come on! You know you wanna post tonight!

Please!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Nowhere To Run - Part 6 - 02/08/10 10:15 PM
/refreshes board in a crazed haze/
It's Tuesday, ML. Even on your side of the pond!
dizzy dizzy

Michael grovel
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards