Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69018 01/27/10 04:14 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow! Suddenly the next chapter seems much too far off. thumbsup

Beautiful story, moving along nicely. I did wonder about him squeezing her knee--somehow seems more forward than a kiss. He's lucky he didn't get slapped. Very sure of himself, to move so fast, but apparently Lois isn't objecting. Intriguing alt-beginning.

#69019 01/27/10 05:04 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful! It's still got me hooked! Can't wait for the next chapter!!!! smile1

#69020 01/27/10 05:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm enjoying how you're portraying the instant attraction. Also glad that they are acting on it, instead of waffling around for weeks and months. An interesting variation on the usual!

P.S. Suggest you change the icon to the "blue arrow" for Chapter 2.

#69021 01/28/10 04:04 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This is shaping up to be a very interesting elseworld - I'm definitely enjoying it!

I think you gave us some good insights into this Clark Kent, but then you also provoked more questions. I can't wait to see how Martha plays into this.

More soon please!

Amber

#69022 01/28/10 04:46 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very nice.

Read part 1 too and am looking forward to more smile .

So anytime now would be good. Like Lois, I'm anxious for this, uh, date wink .

#69023 01/28/10 04:49 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What an interesting chapter!

outside a blue door
Hah! I love the Notting Hill references! hyper

Ann

#69024 01/28/10 05:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome!!!!
Finally she managed to get her eyes to focus. Of course, that might have been a mistake because he was even better looking in focus.
Hee hee. Very well done scene. Looking forward to much more, soon blush blush smile1 smile1
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#69025 01/28/10 06:05 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh i loved this soooo much!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#69026 01/28/10 07:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very nice hyper hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#69027 01/28/10 01:22 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Blue arrow, please. I almost missed part two.

#69028 01/28/10 01:39 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
How interesting that Clark Kent is more at ease kissing a beautiful woman than he is talking to one, at least about himself.

Elisabeth

#69029 01/28/10 04:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Wow, wow... I am speechless! smile1 hyper dance

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#69030 01/28/10 10:13 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
loving this alternate universe story so far... wondering abt. the tone / length of the story... waffy? angst? can't wait for next update smile

#69031 01/29/10 06:19 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part!

Can't wait for the next one smile1 So, post soon please?

#69032 01/30/10 02:49 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting chapter, Squid. I'm trying very hard to let the lives of these characters unfold before me, but I'm so impatient. More soon, please!

Like why he'd wanted these sent to somewhere other than his home address.
Ha! Clark may not have a secret identity in this story, but he's got a secret hide-out. laugh
Sexy? Sheez, what was wrong with her?!
Absolutely nothing!
She saw this man almost daily in spandex, yet the sight of him in denim was having a serious effect on her equilibrium. And if that wasn't enough, he was barefooted. He had really... really, nice feet.
*giggles* I loved this part where his casual appearance totally threw Lois for a loop.
I've been on every continent on the planet in almost every country and all fifty states."

She looked up at him. "I've been to all fifty states and on every continent but Antarctica."
Well, we've now established that they have a lot in common - a love of art, they're both well traveled, cream soda - and they both notice the mutual attraction. I didn't expect the next logical step to be a kiss. A date, maybe, but both the kiss and the knee squeeze seemed a bit forward of Clark and Lois' reaction a bit too tame. Of course, I don't know how this Lois' experiences have changed her from canon, but she did tease him about it later, so maybe not so different (only less skittish regarding relationships).

I loved the exchange on the stairs about the date (Wow, meeting the parents of a celebrity and superhero on the first date? That's pressure!) I shall eagerly await the date in the next part to see how things turn out.

Right? The date *will* be posted in the next part, won't it? How about today? laugh

#69033 01/31/10 12:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, so I'm out from the dead--for a minute. Last 3 months of grad school! I've been sneaking out from nursing books and reading quite a few recent stories but I have not been posting feedback. So forgive me.

Oh, he could get a companion for the night; they were a dime a dozen. Women camped outside his door just to see him. But they were all the same. They wanted the acclaim that came with being seen with Superman. They wanted to boast they'd bedded the Man of Steel. None wanted to actually get to know the man under the suit.

Acting on pure euphoria, and months of abstinence, Clark leaned forward and kissed Lois soundly.
I am having trouble with Clark having sexual relationships with other women prior to meeting Lois. Even thought this is an alternate universe, Jonathan and Martha still raised him. And though everyone knows that he is Superman, I can't see him just "bedding" a woman for the physical gratification, especially when he knew what they wanted.

He reached out with his free hand and gently squeezed her knee while he held his lips against her in sweet agony. When he pulled back, she was staring at him with wide eyes. Obviously he'd shocked this poor girl senseless.
It seems s if Clark is tring to keep his distance from Lois because he knows that he is being reeled in. Instead of holding her as he kisses her, he squeezes her knee which I can see as somewhat intimate touch but guarded.
"I won't say a word about this place."

"I never doubted it," he said with a smile. "Thank you."
He immediately trusts her.

And, I love that his subconscious hurried and asked Lois to his parents house before the frontal lobe of reason kicked in and stopped him. He is obviously comfortable with Lois and wants to see her more and for once he someone will see the real him.

Very nicely done. I am so looking forward to the next post. Don't take too long! Though I may not comment, rest assured that I am reading this!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard