Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#68124 12/16/09 08:55 AM
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Unless an English speaker / writer specifically loads the option of German characters to be used with their keyboard then we can't do the little dots. The only way I could do that without the extra programming would be to find this written online and copy it.

Actually, if you go to Accessories , then System Tools , then Character Map , you can find all those Characters and put them it. It takes a little work but you can do it. If you memorize the code, you can bypass the character map and put it in directly.

Ü,Å,87º,ž

There is a different code for capital and small letters. You copy the character from the character map and paste it into your document. Or input it using the ksystoke code.

To input using the character code, you need to use the numbers on the right side of the keypad. The ones at the top don't work. There is a method of using the numbers at the top of the keypad but I don't know it offhand. To use the numbers at the right side, hold down the Alt key and input the numbers for the code.

Ü = Alt + 0222
¿¿ = Alt + 0191

#68125 12/16/09 10:10 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That will show up in Word, but not on the net. that would be Ü (Amp, pound 220 semi-colon.) And it will not render at all when converted to straight text.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#68126 12/16/09 10:20 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
sequel!sequel! sequel!

I want to know what happens next-- this is the most intriguing angle I've read in ages

#68127 12/16/09 05:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, if you go to Accessories , then System Tools , then Character Map , you can find all those Characters and put them it. It takes a little work but you can do it. If you memorize the code, you can bypass the character map and put it in directly.
Really? Wow? Thanks. There have been times I could have really used the upside down question marks. I've looked at the character map, but I guess I wasn't playing close enough attention. Okay, I have Windows XP, and I've never looked at this one. I probably haven't checked it out since a couple of versions before this. This is definitely not what I remember. But thanks again. This is great! I'm not sure about trying to use code, but cutting and pasting would be fine for me since I'd rarely use it.

That will show up in Word, but not on the net. that would be Ü (Amp, pound 220 semi-colon.) And it will not render at all when converted to straight text.
I think most of these characters will not show up on the archive which uses only text files.

And, yes, Dandello, I'd like to see more, too.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#68128 10/31/10 04:00 PM
H
Blogger
Blogger
H
I know it's almost a year later. may I submit a few thoughts on the history of the character.
It's quite possible to think of him being Clark, raised by the Kents, but his first arrival on Earth might have been in the 30's. That would mean 10 years or so raised by the Kents [and learning their morals], 10-15 years[which brings us to the late 50's],having been identified by the government as an alien and raised to be a secret weapon, about 20 years as a secret weapon, which would include the meeting with Perry [to the late 70's early 80's], and that brings us up to the 90's which gives him a few years to deprogram himself in the Himalayas and the outback which would give you a kinder Clark with some of the sharp edges filed down.I don't see him killing the taxi driver who was no danger to him, so I doubt he killed the General too.Any way there is still a possibility as presented above to maintain one Clark without the implication that that's another body that will never be found, After all you said he hadn't aged a day in 20 years, why not in a lot more than 20 years?

#68129 11/02/10 10:09 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I think I am a hopeless optimist. When I first read it I was half hoping tha there were two kryptonians and that Clark would have to fight the other. I too would love a sequel. Great idea.

Kyla
#68130 11/02/10 10:42 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think most of these characters will not show up on the archive which uses only text files.
I missed this first time around,but since the thread has been bumped to the top of the forum...

Not only will such characters not show up on the Archive, but their inclusion in the story file has, on more than one occasion, caused serious formatting issues when the story is uploaded, with odd characters and symbols replacing them.

So we'd prefer they aren't used in the story file when you submit it to the Archive. Saves us having to go back later and replace the file.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#68131 11/04/10 03:15 PM
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
*shivers*

Even more I'd love to see THIS Clark Kent when he encounters Lex Luthor.
I'd too love to see this Clark against Luthor devil

Also, this evil Clark is a lot different from most evil Clark's I've ever seen. He hasn't tried to take over the world, and that is what gives me pause. If he has all these powers and is unharmable, then why not dominate the world?
I guess taking over the world could be fun, but after that? At best an administrative nightmare (or you delegate), at worst a broken world, where could you get good takeout then?

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
#68132 11/20/10 02:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm with Kyla. I hope there are two Kryptonians, one that came to Earth before Kal-El and before Krypton was destroyed and became El Diablo. Then Clark can find and fight El Diablo. Maybe Zod didn't go to the Phantom Zone and came to Earth or else Earth is the Phantom Zone and the dumping ground for Krypton's criminals. Oy Veh, to the latter concept.
I'd be interested if you decided to continue the story.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#68133 03/27/14 05:14 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
For some reason I was thinking about this short fic this morning and decided to come in and reread it. I hadn't noticed the "irredeemably evil" note at the beginning before, and that put a different spin on the ending for me. I'm sure after all these years the plot bunny is long gone, but I do wonder what could have come next, and what kind of future you envisaged for Clark in his post-Ubermann years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard