Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Nan, you're back! clap I missed you... and this story, too. There's something inherently amusing in watching him watching her watching him, each keeping their different yet similar secrets...

Glad to see Clark thinking about 'fessing up. It really will make his life easier, plus being the right thing to do.

Looking forward to the next two (or three) parts...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I always wondered what would have happened if he'd gotten Space Station Luthor into orbit and operational. What if he'd managed to get some kind of weapons delivery system on board?
I never thought of that idea. That would make for the basis of an interesting fic on its own.

and this exchange is great!
"At least he didn't manage to drive Superman away."

Clark smiled faintly. "Because of you," he said. "Both times. I think that Lois Lane is more than a match for Lex Luthor."
And what a message he’s delivering since she knows the secret.

This turned into quite the adventure. I can’t wait to see where this journey leads.

And I don’t mind at all if it continues to grow. smile
I'm excited to see what ahppens next. smile1

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Bob - the more chapters, the better!

You know, I'm wondering how and why Luthor built this amazing complex. It can't have been easy. And surely the fact of its construction couldn't have been covered up. Look at the Pyramids - the Pharaohs put in secret funerary chambers, but all their graves were robbed anyway (usually by the workers whose families had built the pyramid.)

So, did Luthor really build all these underground passageways? Or did he connect to an existing tunnel system under Metropolis (like Chicago has tunnels underground?)

Or am I thinking too much about this and not enough about the story?

It just creeps me out that Luthor could build tunnels that go *several miles* under the city. Wow - his tentacles are everywhere!

Kerth
Kerth
OP EMP? Operations? Electromagnetic pulse? Emplacement?

Keeping it distant can't be good news - some sort of weapon sounds plausible.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nan, I so know this common fic-disease.

I wonder if Superman would be able to take out the nuclear weapons platform before Luthor could implement his dream of becoming Alexander the Greatest.

A round chamber, titled OP EMP. Sounds like an EMP-weapon. But to be really efficient, it should be deployed several miles up the atmosphere. Wonder what you have cooked up spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Psst, Michael... that's what the rocket propellant is for.

You know, or not.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I know. But the way I read it, the chamber was far larger than a rocket silo, so I figure it actually houses the EMP-generator. Unless, of course, Nan is going with the classic EMP produced by a high-altitude fission event.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Way to ruin it for me, y'all. I hadn't figured out what the EMP stood for yet.

I had just been popping in to say how much I'm enjoying reading this, but I think I'll go to my corner now and sulk.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't get disheartened, Elizabeth. Nan hasn't said it is an Electro Magnetic Pulse generator yet. It could stand for Operation headquarters for employees.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm up for as many parts as you can write!

I love this "she knows" but "he doesn't know she knows" plot line. And I am very curious to see what they're going to find in this room!

Amber

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm a little behind on the next part, but I promise, now that a minor family crisis is out of the way, to get working on it as fast as I can!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I wanted to apologize for taking so long to post the next part. I haven't stopped writing, but my son Mark is home for the holidays and the family has been doing things together. I would have written more today, but yesterday we went to Disneyland and I ate something that (to put it mildly) did not agree with me. I was sick all night and most of today, although things are improving.

Mark is headed back to Pearl Harbor tomorrow, and life will hopefully get back to normal after that, so expect the next part in a few days.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard