Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66606 10/07/09 08:49 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Well, you guys have all been wonderful with FDK so far, so... just please keep up what you've been doing all along? smile

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
At some point your Clark has to get over himself.

How about he grabs the guy flies up a few hundred feet and says "Oops" drops the guy after locking on his heartbeat, flies down catches him flies back up and offers a repeat of the "oops"?

Or flies half way around the world, calls Henderson and then flies back dropping off the idiot?

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
You're back! hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think that Clark's reaction to his supposedly permanent blindness has been fairly realistic. Here is a person that has had to watch and control his own actions for the bulk of his life to avoid hurting someone with his super abilities. It doesn't surprise me that he's been overly cautious and a bit down about his limitations.

One thing I'd like to see soon is Clark remembering that he has other senses. He needs to use his hearing and sense of smell to help him. I don't quite know where you're going or how it would help him, but I want to see him taking more initiative.

Mostly, I just want to see the next chapter. Soon.
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I thought the "prank call" from Superman was hilarious! Of course the police wouldn't believe him. It's like Bart Simpson calling and saying, "Hey, is your refrigerator running?" (then go out and catch it!) or calling Moe's Bar and asking for "Al. His last name is Coholic." So Moe calls out, "Is there an Al Coholic here?"

(BTW, I have a particular fondness for stories about prank calls, because of events back when I was a wee young thing. I had a favorite grand-uncle who used to smoke a pipe. Of course the brand of tobacco he used was Prince Albert. When my great-uncle told me the prank call about "Prince Albert in a can", I thought it was the funniest thing ever. (I was seven.) I still laugh now, thinking about it. What can I say? I'm easy.)

Other than that, I like how you're slowly tightening the noose around Lois. She's seriously getting railroaded somewhere bad. I hope she can get out of it! The lawyer with a gun was a total "What?" moment. Then, when you think of it, it makes sense. Of course he could get a gun into the lockup when the corrupt cops are helping him.

I agree with the previous poster that Clark needs to smarten up and use his other super-senses. Will he think of this?

And, cliffhanger ending.....more is needed, soon!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I never saw the gun coming. I sort of expected the lawyer to be some slime-bag that would try to malpractice Lois, but not kidnap her. And did he actually manage to get her out of there, because that would mean a lot of corruption going on. But I guess the safer bet is that he's just waiting with her in the room until he gets the signal.

What a tangled web you wove smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As I was reading this, I noticed something. During the phone call in the beginning, Clark spoke to Officer Jones. Jones called him "flyboy".

“Yeah? Well you know what, flyboy? How about first, you explain to me how exactly you came to know whatever it is that you supposedly know about this case, and then I’ll see if I can find someone to talk to you about it?”
Then at the end, one of Clark's captors uses a horse voice (possibly to disguise it?) and says the same thing.

“We have Lois Lane. She’s being brought here as we speak. If you stay quiet and do as you’re told, nothing is going to happen to her – otherwise, we have no particular use for her. Get the picture, flyboy?”
We've been assumming that Inspector Ferreira was the bad guy, but maybe it's Officer Jones....

And it sounds like they know that Superman is blind. frown The cab brings him to the wrong location. Someone gives him a shove to show him where they want him to walk. I sure hope there is a way to cure Clark's blindness. Otherwise there are too many people who could figure out that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good point about too many people knowing that Superman is blind. Luckily, I don't think anyone else knows that Clark is blind besides Lois, Martha, and Jonathan. So the key to protecting The Secret is now to keep Clark's blindness secret, not Superman's. Of course, even without The Secret, it is still dangerous for the criminal element to know that Superman is blind. As we can tell from what just happened.

Michael makes a good point, too, about the difficulty of a lone gunman smuggling Lois Lane out of jail. At least according to the bad guy who talks to Superman, she's on her way to wherever Superman is. So, yeah, the corruption must be pretty deep.

Tanged web, indeed.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
More?? laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
More will be coming. I promise. I just can't promise when, and here's why:

Shortly before I sent Happy part V of this story, I was taken into the hospital in the midst of a seizure that refused to stop on its own. I have a history of epilepsy, so it wasn't really as big a deal as you might think it was, but because of the duration and the severity of this particular occurrence, there was more than the usual cause for concern.

I had been more or less stable on anti-seizure meds for over five years before this happened (only occasionally suffering from 'absences', never grand mal seizures), so after a brain scan and some tweaking to my medication, I was told to go home and wait for the new meds to start doing their job.

Well, waiting hasn't been working out so well for me.

I've had about twelve major episodes since that first one three weeks ago. I've been in and out of the hospital, not because being brought there is necessarily always the best solution when something like this happens, but because not many people know that there is anything they *can* do but call an ambulance when I keel over in front of them.

My point is, though, that spending ten out of the last 21 days in an ER when I hadn't planned on being there, hasn't exactly done me any favors in the 'getting things done' department. My writing is one of the things that has taken a backseat to everything else because of this, and depending upon how things go in the next few weeks, it may very well stay that way for a while.

I'm sorry if it all sounds like a sob story to you (it does to me, to be perfectly honest). I'd rather not have had to say anything about this, but I figure at least it's one step up from simply disappearing on you all without a trace.

Nevertheless, I apologize.

- Ped

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. It doesn't sound like a sob story to me, just a telling of recent life events.

As much as we like this story, please concentrate on getting better. That is the most important thing! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*Hugs Ped*

Health before fic. Take as much time as you need. sloppy

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard