C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

MWF for now, FoLCs smirk.

Hopefully, will get all the other stuff wrapped around the house shortly. School starts next week so that will give me some kid free time...

Thanks smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois woke up to find the other side of the bed empty and cold.
And once again the bell is ringing.

She sat against the headboard, sheet still held firmly in place. "Good morning."
Seems she’s a bit ticked off. At least subconsciously.

"I brought you something." He held out a bag, pulling it away as she reached for it. "But I need something from you first."
The sheet?

"Well, it is unofficially the morning after our wedding," she reminded him, her arms wrapping around his back as she kissed him back. "And I thought we could save time this way." She kissed him again.
Hmm… now *that* I won’t believe…

"I can't, Clark." Lois moved around him and into the warm spray. "It's like my fourth day on the job."
Yeah, but Perry won’t fire the wife of his star reporter, now would he?

"What're we telling people when they start asking?"
Today: Hormones. In two or three days: Fling. In a few weeks: Surprise in blue or pink. About two months from now: Shotgun wedding.

"They're going to want to know everything, aren't they?"
Yeah, but how is he going to explain the fresh croissants?

He chuckled behind her as she turned the water off. "I think that's questionable."
Uh-huh. And he will ask why he wasn’t allowed to give her away. Real, really nice dad notwithstanding.

"And Cat, we ignore?" she went on, ignoring his interruption as she reached for a towel.
Lois might have the bigger problem ignoring Cat when she’s hunting for ‘details’.

They walked in to find his parents and grandpa standing there, annoyed looks on all of their faces.

"Where have you two been?"
And what’s with the flight of shame goofy

So, Friday? mecry grovel And you wonder why people are calling you evil wink

Michael, already starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms starting…

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Uh-oh, busted! And they're going to be in even more trouble when they give their explanation!

Sorry I've been AWOL...I'll be hit or miss until mid-September when we should be mostly settled in our new house.

Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oops! Busted by the parents! Too funny!

~Mel~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! Sorry I'm a little awol as well, but still reading. Just minimal brainpower for comments.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Busted indeed. Tee hee.

But since these are the same parents who listened to Star all those years ago, they shouldn't be too shocked that Lois listened to her now.

Romp on. thumbsup

Slightly off-topic, but inspired by Lois's lonesome night: Other than on honeymoons wink , do all you married FoLCs always go to sleep and wake up at the same time as your spouse? When I was first married I was disappointed that my hubby and I have very different biological clocks. He's a morning person and I'm a night owl. But I've learned to live with it. Often I'll cuddle with him in the evening, then get up for a while when he goes to sleep. And we harldy ever wake up actually touching. Not that we never fall asleep that way, but it's actually more comfortable to have a little space when actually sleeping. And I'm never so unaware of my own physical position that I could accidentally snuggle up to him and not notice, even in my sleep. So, I guess what I'm asking is, is this idea of falling asleep together, waking up snuggled together, or, even better, unconsciously snuggling up together without meaning to, just fiction? Are we the exception? Or are these things invented for movies and romance novels?

This *is* my happily ever after.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love shower scenes, even without the nfic!

thanks!

rkn
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
HappyGirl asked:

So, I guess what I'm asking is, is this idea of falling asleep together, waking up snuggled together, or, even better, unconsciously snuggling up together without meaning to, just fiction? Are we the exception? Or are these things invented for movies and romance novels?
For the most part, it's fiction. I love to hold my wife close, but I always get her hair up my nose when I do. And because I'm a foot taller than she is, I have to have my head all the way up to the headboard while she prefers to burrow down into the covers - unless she's sleeping on top of them, in which case I have to yank them out from under her because I have to sleep covered up, even if it's just a sheet.

To the point: if you can sleep tucked up against your one true love, good for you. Most people can't, for various reasons. But it doesn't mean that you don't love each other, it just means that you don't sleep well with a dead weight draped over one of your lungs. Makes it hard to breathe.

"Where have you been and what have you been doing?" Those are words I've said to my kids, and I've never liked the answers I've gotten back.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad they're still happily married.

So where's the trouble Star was talking about? Although, as I think someone mentioned before, if it IS NK, I have a very hard time believing Zara, Ching, and etc. will let Clark stay on Earth just because he's married to Lois. She's "just a concubine" after all.
But then, they can hardly force him to go, especially with his superpowers.

On the Other Hand smile , Nor might attack Lois unless Clark goes with them, especially if she gets pregnant. (She probably arleady is, since this is CAROL'S story!) Then Clark will be more likely to go, not less likely. I've read several stories with that premies.

Still...it could be some other reason why. I wonder if they have any Planet-sponsored trips to Latislan?

On the subject of sleeping/snuggling with my spouse, I like to do it, particularly in the winter. (Body heat makes it harder to enjoy in the summer smile )
Unfortunately, for the past couple of months, even SLEEPING with my husband is rare, however. The appartment next door apparently has a heavy smoker living there and it leaks through the bedroom wall. I can't sleep with the smoke coming through, while my husband sleeps right through it. So usually I end up sleeping on the couch.
It's frustrating because sleeping on the couch usually implies you're angry at your spouse, which I'm not. But what can you do?

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY! Have written 4 chapters in the last couple of days but out of deference to my awesome beta still in the middle of movingness, I'm not going to up the posting schedule at the moment. smile .

Michael - yay on quotes! I am so not evil!

Amber - yay on the move! At least it will be when it's over wink .

Mel - hehe - I thought so wink .

JD - aw on the brainpower - glad you're still reading!

HG - You'd think anyway... As for the sleeping thing... Just depends I guess. I rarely fall asleep with DH - I'm more of a night owl than he is at the moment. I do sometimes wake up with him snuggled up next to me but I don't know if it's a conscious choice on his part or not. I'll roll over in that half-asleep state...

rkn - thank you smile .

Terry - well, you have a pretty good idea where they've been wink .

Sara - trouble? What trouble? Would I do that? wink I've often slept apart from DH for extenuating circumstances. After my oldest was born, he was working 36-40h a week, 20h of internship, 10h of grad school and I was staying home so until she slept through the night, he slept in the spare bedroom. At various times, while sick, I'd sleep in the recliner because it was the only way I could breathe. When DS was recovering from his surgery [and DH had a kidney stone], I slept on the couch [and DS in a laundry basket wink ]. Those things happen sometimes and it's okay imo... Not preferable of course but...

Anyway - more tomorrow!

Carol [who admitted yesterday to her 'other mom' that she wrote fic and OM read 'Wet White Shirt' and loved it - and OM is an actual published author! [Nothing big but still...]]

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey- it's Friday. Where is it!!!??? wildguy

Okay, okay, I'll drink a little more caffeine and try to be patient.

jump

thanks!

rkn
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL! I don't usually post until later but just for you...

Just out of curiosity [if you don't mind - no need to answer if you do], what part of MO are you in?

Carol [who doesn't think she noticed that before]

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm very proud to be from the same state as you are. smile

I'm in central MO between Columbia and Jeff City.

thanks!

rkn
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I've never actually been in that part of the state. I tend to hang out in my little corner or hit STL for ball games smile . Or the KC area to see FIL. My hubby goes up there with work sometimes though...

/me waves from her corner of the state smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard