Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So ... that’s it for Fic 4.

Fic 5 is called ‘Led Astray’. It *may* be posted in September, depending on whether I can –

1 - drag my muse back from being seduced by a completely different LnC story

2 – keep it to a reasonable length (6-8 parts) and

3 – find the time to write.

If I fail to do any of these, Led Astray won’t be posted until November or even December because in October I’ll be in Canada visiting my beautiful daughter!! dance dance

I have a teaser, which I’m willing to post – although be warned – a better choice could be to just leave Lois and Clark in their wedded bliss for a few months.

(Meaning - Led Astray does not have the sweet lead-in that Adrift and SMQ had).

Thanks to everyone who left FDK. It really means a lot to me that you read and enjoyed my story.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A perfect ending to a wonderful story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He unchained his smile – and the breath he hadn’t known he’d throttled. She smiled back at him, detonating the thousand dormant pockets of excitement within him.
Awesome writing, awesome story. Keep on writing whenever you can. Love this series.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Oh, that was so great! I think I'm perfectly happy to leave them in wedded bliss for awhile until you're ready to post the next part. smile

I loved the conversation they had before the wedding...how ready and willing Lois was to restore their relationship and not hold Clark's behavior against him. And what a picture of how much Clark thinks of Lois - that he felt that his powers helped bring him to her level. How lunkheaded, but how sweet!

Enjoy your visit with your daughter!

Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful! And so much here...
“You think my powers will return,” he guessed.

Lois nodded. “It’s who you are.”

“Will you be disappointed if they don’t?”

“For you, yes. For me, no.”
This was the perfect reply. It's exactly what he needed to hear.

Later, I particularly enjoyed this part:
“Clark, I still don’t fully understand why you expected I would be unsure about marrying you.”

Her words made him surprisingly uncomfortable considering the intimacy they had just shared. “It’s not that easy to explain.”

Lois smiled. “That’s OK.”

He brushed back the lock of dark hair from her cheek. “It’s just ... you’re so perfect. You’re so ... you’re everything I’m not – daring, intuitive, independent, passionate, fiery ... beautiful, sexy ...” Clark glanced away. “I thought my powers balanced the ledger a bit.”
That's very correct for this Clark. He hasn't had the time and experience to grow confident in himself as "just Clark". It didn't occur to me that he was struggling with self-doubt if "just Clark Kent" was enough for Lois.

Very nicely done for this section and the overall story. I am looking forward to the next part even though the title and your description have an ominous feel to them.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was privileged to beta this wonderful story and got to see it early! It was a tremendous treat. It will definitely be on my Kerth nomination list. I wish I had the words to describe how good it is. But hopefully, everyone that's in this FDK column has read the story, so they know themselves.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
cookiesmom Thanks for all your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed my story.

Artemis Thanks for reading and for the encouragement. This is a great place to post fanfic.

Amber Good idea - just think of them enjoying being married ... because things go wrong Line 1, Led Astray evil

I love writing Clark as just a little bit hesitant ... now he's married that will probably be less so, but it was fun while it lasted.

Enjoy your visit with your daughter!
Thanks, I will. Can't wait!

Bob Yep, it's all been very quick - Clark is still trying to catch up ... and having a run-in with kryptonite didn't help.

RE - the next bit sounding ominous ... it won't be anything that can't be fixed.

Thanks for all your FDK.

Iolanthe Thanks.

I'm so glad you enjoy betaing for me and don't find it a drag. Thanks again ... this story is definitely better for your input.

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Corrina, that was a great ending! clap

“It won’t make you late? I mean …” Clark grinned, a little hesitantly. “Don’t you have a wedding to prepare for?”

“Meh, I’ve got plenty of time.” Lois’s eyes danced. “The groom is a *very* patient guy.”

The dual prong of her words hit him and Clark could do no more than stare at her, grinning. It seemed an eternity since the last time she’d bantered with him.

But her words carried so much more than a little dig at his past. They carried her promise ... and her anticipation ... and her desire ... for their future.

Which left him breathless. Speechless. And *very* impatient.
That part has so many grins in there, and for so many different reasons laugh

“It’ll take ten minutes,” he murmured.

“Let’s go.”

Who needed superpowers?
laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow. loved the final part, and the whole thing! sweet, intense, exploring parts of their relationship we don't see in tv...love your writing style and stories. September can't come too soon!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Female Hawk, I am so glad that Clark finally got his act together and followed the script that Martha gave him sequentially. evil Smart boy. I thought it was sweet how Clark waited at the church for Lois just to make sure that she knew everything before they married. And that dialogue was so sweetly written. Thank you for sharing!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part, wonderful ending. I also like the nfic piece. Thank you for a wonderful story

robinson
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael About a week ago, I spent at least an hour on those few lines you quoted. I'm glad you enjoyed them - it was worth the effort to get it right.

Thanks for all your FDK, Michael.

Sarah - Thanks for reading and commenting, Sarah. Glad you're enjoying the series.

Sheila - Mostly, Clark does get his act together ... it just took him a little time. Thanks for leaving comments.

robinson - I always worry that the end won't do the story justice, so I'm really glad you liked the ending. Thanks.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
loved that conversation b/w Clark and Lois, and the vows <sigh>

can't wait for pt. 5 although leaving them in their wedded bliss for awhile sounds alright... since it took so much to get them there smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thank you flowerpot. I struggled with the vows for a long time - I wanted to make them special and significant, but not just a repeat of things LnC had already said to each other.

Thanks for your FDK.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved your ending. The perfect ending for a perfect fic. They are so sweet together.

You said things will change for them from the very beginning of the next fic ... I wonder what will happen.

I am happy for you that you can visit your daughter. Enjoy your visit and don't worry about your muse ... I'm sure she'll get back to work when she's ready. laugh

Kathryn
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for your comments, Kathryn. I'm glad you enjoyed the fic.

If I can get fic 5 written, I can plot fic 6 during those long hours on the plane. That's the plan, anyway!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!! Most excellent!! LOVED the ending!! But um, weren't there supposed to be TWO more stories? thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi MozartMaid

So glad you enjoyed this series. Thanks for the FDK.

But um, weren't there supposed to be TWO more stories?
Yes.

Did they ever get written?
No blush

From my original post in this thread ...

Fic 5 is called ‘Led Astray’. It *may* be posted in September, depending on whether I can –

1 - drag my muse back from being seduced by a completely different LnC story
Well, I couldn't. That was Awaken My Heart which took over my muse for four months. From there I went to Treasure Chest, Aussie Rules, and Trusting Me, Trusting You

I haven't given up on this series. I planned to edit First Days in Metropolis (done) Adrift (doing) and So Many Questions for the archive and then get back to writing Led Astray. I have about two parts written and most of it plotted.

Thanks again for your interest. Hopefully, the fifth story in the series will be on the boards before the end of the year.

Corrina.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
please come back to these soon! love this story! and all the others really, but please?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hopefully, the fifth story in the series will be on the boards before the end of the year.
Ooooooooo! hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard