Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Not sure what time tomorrow - at least this time, probably later smile .

Thanks!

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, boy. Is this "bunking" anything like the "bundling" soldiers used to do in the 18th century to ward off subfreezing temperatures? Lots of babies were born from that. Of course, sometimes the soldier was bundled with a family's grandmother. Not much hanky-panky then.

Yay for Lois! She's speaking truth to Clark. And it doesn't matter that she's only known him for a very short time. They already know each other so well that everything from now on will build on the foundation they've already laid. The really important stuff is out of the way (not that there won't be problems later on), so they can proceed with their relationship at good speed.

But not too fast. I almost hope that Lois tells him "Bunking, okay, but no hankying or pankying."

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello. Back again.

I am glad Lois let him know Superman needed to have a life and that Clark understands that.

I also understand that Clark wanted to "bunk" with Lois because he's still upset and he doesn't want to be alone right now.

But that doesn't mean Lois will be comfortable with it or even that she SHOULD agree to it.

They're relationship is moving faster than it did in canon and there are reasons for that. But I doubt they're ready for sex. (Of course, I would say no couple is ready for sex at this point "soul mates" or not. But that's just me.)

But if you sleep in the same bed, vulerablitiy can make you do things you normally wouldn't do, because, like I said, you're upset and you looking for comfort. Furthermore, when your only half awake, your will power/rationality isn't very strong, so you may not be thinking about reasons why you weren't going to have sex.

But Lois isn't going to be comfortable with saying "no", either I would assume. She KNOWS he's upset, and she also knows rejection isn't what Clark needs right now because of that.
I hope they can find an extra mattress or something he can sleep on. A house that size must have them! And Clark could move it pretty quickly. Or maybe there's a couch or an extra bed in the room already?
Any of those would be a nice compromise.

F
Blogger
Blogger
F
So sweet!

It was just perfect to relax after a night of dancing.

Looking forward to the last chapter.

Top Banana
Top Banana
So much here for a short piece...
"Anytime something happens and I'm not there and they - whatever they, victims, officials, first responders, families, whoever – say I should have been there faster or done more and I can't."
He desperately needs Lois here telling him that they are wrong.

Then this:
You have to take time to rest, to recharge, so you can be him when you need to be, when you're truly *needed*, or you'll end up in some Arctic fortress hiding from the world, from life.
Just the other night I watched the Richard Donner cut of Superman II. This was exactly what the Jor-El AI was trying to create. The vision of a perfect and completely selfless hero is unsustainable. It would seem that to be that sort of hero, a being would have to lack the compassion necessary to help much of the time.

The rest is just sweet. As for the last part:
"Lois, can I bunk in here tonight?"
My first reaction is that he's worried about nightmares. I see this as the mirror of Lois in the Smallville-Trask section. I don't see this as anything more than his wanting to have her there to hold when we wakes up in the middle of the night. Given his mental state, I'd be surprised if it would lead to more.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't do everything they want me to.
This is ridiculously interesting. And in all honesty, I've had too much liquor to peruse the full ramifications of this line right now...but it's ridiculously deep and worth thinking about tomorrow...Superman is 100% a volunteer job...and yet he's not good enough for some...

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She barely heard him when he finally spoke.

"You're right."
shock shock shock shock shock shock shock jawdrop

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. Who is this. And what have you done with Lunkhe- I mean Clark?

/peeps at title/

I can't believe this story is almost over. I guess this means the angst is just about to begin? After all, you did have them spend a *lot* of time away from the Planet. And Sarah. And I did notice that you posed the 'non-denial' as a half-question instead of a denial. So, until it's proven otherwise, I'll stick to my theory. It might crash and burn, but I'll still stick to it :p

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poignant and full of truth. Clark can't be everything to everyone, although there are people in the world who would want him to be and then ask for more!

I like the cliffy ending....Bunking with Lois....hmmmm.....

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard