Print Thread
#64687 07/03/09 03:55 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - I will try to post in the morning [and respond to FDK] but don't hold your breath :p . We're not leaving town until early afternoon [and getting back in the very early morning :p ] so I may have a chance, but we'll have to see. I *will* be able to post Sunday but not sure when.

I also have 2 weeks worth of Backwards II done just for you Kathy! /me adds 'just for Kathy' as she thinks she may have stolen something from Kathy fic without realizing it...

Have a great 4th!

Carol

#64688 07/03/09 05:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Argh, argh, argh! Skittish Lois has appeared! Romantic Lois needs to jump her in a dark alley and hide the body! wallbash

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64689 07/03/09 07:15 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Okay, Lois was supposed to be in the room *with* Clark! Sheesh, some authors. wink

We're going to get Lois's perspective in the next chapter to explain the skittishness, right? Please?

Happy 4th!

Amber

#64690 07/03/09 07:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice part. But really, Lois? You need space? That's so overrated. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64691 07/03/09 08:36 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy 4th, Carol smile from one of those only remembering because you mentioned fireworks wink

"How'd you sleep?" he asked Lois quietly as she sat there, poking at her scrambled eggs.

She shrugged. "Fine." She refused to look at him until he tipped her face up.

"You look like hell."
So, first off, where *did* Lois sleep. And second, it's her own fault. She should have taken Happy Girl's suggestion and whacked the skittish one mad

So, these two are real fun and am looking forward to my next fix.

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64692 07/03/09 11:34 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Dont think Miss Lois got much sleep.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#64693 07/03/09 11:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello. I'm back again.

Took me a while to get used to this "backwards" universe, but now that I am, I think it's good.

As much as I agree that Lois should have sleep in the same room as Clark, I'm not surprised she didn't. This Lois may be less "gun-shy" than canon Lois, but she still has some issues. Personally, I like it that way. It shows they still have some of the same qualities as the characters we know.

Furthermore, sleeping in his room once, looking for comfort after a bad dream, is one thing. But doing it again, in Lois's mind at least may raise questions about sexual inimacy that she isn't ready for.

Yes, she likes Clark romantically. She knows he's Superman. She is considering working in Metropolis with him. But that doesn't necessarily mean she's ready for sex. To many men, if she sleeps in the same room again, it's an implication that she IS ready. Will it to Clark, even city-boy Clark? Unlikely. But she doesn't know that.

WE know Lois and Clark belong together for good. And the fact that she knows he's Superman is definitely an indication of a serious relationship. But that doesn't mean LOIS knows that yet.

#64694 07/03/09 12:29 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I also have 2 weeks worth of Backwards II done just for you Kathy! /me adds 'just for Kathy' as she thinks she may have stolen something from Kathy fic without realizing it...
Ooo, two weeks worth ... that makes me very happy. smile1

And something you may have borrowed from one my stories, huh? Well, I certainly don't mind if that ends up being the case, but if you wanted to bounce anything off of me in a sneak-peek to see if I recognize it, I wouldn't argue, LOL.

As for this part, I'm feeling a little sad for Clark. He's definitely trying to turn this whatever-they-have into something more (and I must say I really like this more confident Clark --and his "Mom" at Martha made me want to hug him, LOL), but Lois keeps pulling back. Come on, Lois, space is overrated! You know deep down he's your soulmate; don't make him work too hard for it. love

The two of them complimented each other nicely, though she hadn’t been happy when he'd tried to edit her copy.
Quick typo alert ... they probably do compliment each other very nicely (except when Clark is a doofus and opens with, "You look like hell" wink ) but the word you want there is complement, with an "e". It means their skills fit together well, where the "i" version means they say sweet things to each other. smile

#64695 07/03/09 03:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think I'm getting part of the clue as to why Lois is suddenly skittish. And, BTW, by skittish I meant being stand-offish about spending time with Clark, not refusing to sleep in the same bed with him. I completely agree that it's premature to set up that pattern this early in a relationship.

Part of it is that Lois is a little overwhelmed by the implication of Jor-El's message, i.e. that she is somehow destined to marry Clark. I mean, in what other context would one use the phrase 'you have my blessing?'

The other part is that, now that the Trask investigation is over and the story has been published, Clark's days in Smallville are limited. She knows he's headed back to Metropolis real soon and she's pulling back to protect her own sanity. They've both been playing this flirty 'let's pretend we're married' game and Lois knows it can't last. Time's up.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64696 07/04/09 07:34 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Due to circumstances beyond my control [the weather...] I have time today smile . We're going tomorrow instead [10-15* cooler and no rain].

HG - Hehe - unlikely but possible I suppose....

Amber - hehe, yeah some authors. Hopefully there's enough explantion.

JD - hehe - overrated is right...

Michael - coming right up!

SJH - hmmm - we'll see wink

Sara - Glad you're enjoying it! That's one of my goals - same basic underlying Lois/Clarkness but different...

Kathy - I checked and yep stole something from you. We'll see if you catch it wink . Complement it is... That's what GEs are for, right?

HG - you make some very good points smile .

22 coming momentarily...
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard