Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Please, feel free to email me for the [short?!] synopsis of OTOH/UP!

Posting schedule: M/Th for now. I have some buffer, a gap, then another chapter, then more gap, then four more chapters written. As I fill in the gaps, I'll increase the posting schedule smile .

Next post: Thursday, probably morning

Chapter 2 Preview
Clark
"Christopher," Mom said, sounding a bit exasperated. "What's going on?"

They all appeared in front of us. The grown-ups looked back and forth between Lois and Lana and me. They looked like our families.

"What's wrong, Princess?" Sam asked Lois.

"Dat no' my mommy," the little boy said, his arms crossing in front of him. "Dat no' daddy, eit'er."
Thanks smile .
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello.

Been a while since I've posted here, because I got distracted from some new fandoms. (Or new-old you might say, because one of them I used to be involved in years ago. Whatever.)

Anyway, I'm excited to see this posted, if a bit nervous.

I am curious about what happened to THIS Lois and Clark in the OTOH universe.

And I'd really like to see how the kids handle this, especially Chistopher. As I said in the UP FDK threads, he had to have gone through seperation aniexty, especially since NO ONE CAN TELL HIM WHERE HIS PARENTS ARE OR WHEN THEY WILL BE BACK.

I should probably make sure we've got plenty of tissues first though...I cry easily, espeically when it comes to stories involving young children these days.

Still, I'm nervous it will make THIS Lois and Clark too close. I have no problem with them becoming close friends, and they will need to get through this. My problem is that pretending to be married to each other will get too easy for them, especially since this is a Lois and Clark forum, after all.
But no matter how much I want to see Lois and Clark together, I can't hope that a good marriage (Clark's and Lana's in the other universe) will be ruined.
Of course, for all intense purposes, Clark and Lana were already divorced in the other universe, anyway. But I still don't think that counts because it wasn't THEIR decicion to get divorced.

Of course, you can make the argument that Lana and Clark married too early and were never supposed to be together, anyway. I do agree that they married too early, to a certain extent. But the point is, they ARE married now. (or supposed to be). That should not be disgarded.

What to do, what to do? To read or not to read?

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sara - I do hope you read smile .

Ah, the Clana relationship...

All we know about it at this point is what we saw in UP - Lois and Clark's perspective on what Lana said...

So...

Is it the idyllic relationship OTOH's Clark thought it would have been?

What does she really think about Kryptonians - besides not wanting Clark to be a super?

Are they both happy? One? Neither?

Etc. Believe me, I've thought about these things in great detail...

Hope you're in, Sara smile .
Carol

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start.

Originally posted by carolm:
the Clana relationship.....Believe me, I've thought about these things in great detail...
Good to hear.

I had trouble with CJDK's attachment to Lana in OTOH so I'm going to wait till you finish it and peek at the fdk then and decide if I want to read it.

I've been advised in the past
Originally in email by carolm:
my inclination right now is to say stop reading
Originally in email by carolm:
if you're not enjoying it stop reading

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I was confused. But I haven't read OTOH or UP. I want to, but perhaps it would be better to wait till it's on the archive since you are adding things. (I'd never find time to read both versions.)

I was going to post a summary of those two in the FDK thread but it turned out to be about 1200 words so... I would be very happy to email it to anyone who wants it!
Well, since I haven’t read them but would like to, how about sending them it to me. You've got my email.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, Carol, I should have known. I mean, you *told* us at the end of UP. And still, after reading this, I forgot about it again dizzy
Anyway - this is set in the On the Other Hand universe [because, well, Unanswered Prayers had several universes in it so...].
I figured, yay, cuddly LnC are back home and happy and fun and awwwww... So, here I was, reading the first bits of Clark waking up and slowly remembering again huh

Oh well, I'm in for the ride. This should be lots of fungst.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm ready for some angst! Just think about it, trapped in somebody else's universe, married to someone else, time travelling...kids?!?!

(I almost tossed in Superman?!?! too, but my memory's foggy on where we are concerning tights and a cape...)

Nice start,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! Ooo an alt L&C's pov on being in another universe. They were stuck there for what? four months? it will be interesting to read what these two will learn from each other, their families, and being in a universe where they are a "couple" with kids.

Will be waiting impatiently for weekly posts! thumbsup

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sara - thanks again smile .

Patrick - it was a PM but close enough wink . This isn't Clark from OTOH - he's actually very different which may seem odd given that their histories are identical [afaik] up until they get to Met U. But what happened after that made them into very different people.

Nancy - I sent the summary and will send the full copy of OTOH today smile .

Michael - did I tell you? I don't remember... Hehe - that's what I was shooting for with the Clark waking up thing wink . I'd originally thought it was going to be at the end of the chapter when he realized it was Lois not Lana, but that was way too long to drag it out.

JD - Angst? Really? Yes, the Clark who really lives here is Superman...

Lola - 3.5-4 mos something like that. Ah - and not weekly - biweekly wink .

Next post - coming right up!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard