Print Thread
#63256 05/04/09 03:35 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Hilarious!

Not only does one superhero come to her rescue, it's dueling heroes who try to save the space program.

I love that Lois hasn't given up on interviewing Bruce Wayne.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WooHoo! Great tie-up. I think you've created an interesting new universe! It would be interesting to see Superman and Batman keep running into each other, maybe even competing for Lois' attention!
Good show.
cool
Artemis thumbsup

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hilarious indeed, I loved having two superheroes trying to save the space shuttle. Just think, there could be a whole Multi-Part Sequel Extravaganza of Superman and Batman running around in Season 1, and Luthor trying to figure out who he should knock off first... laugh

Nice story!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Thanks! I so needed that right now - but, is there going to be some kind of sequel, maybe with the lois/clark/bruce/superman/batman quint-something? come on, you know you wanna...

Kerth
Kerth
Nice - always like stories where Bruce and Clark instantly see through each other's deceptions.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Drat drat drat.

Oh it is a delightful tale and a very quick and neatly wrapped ending.

But when Batman appeared I was so hoping Martha had come up with a Batman costume. That Bruce would be left going "hey what??" when he saw the next edition of the "Daily Planet".

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Teehee! smile I'm glad you guys liked the scene with both superheroes! I wrote that one over a year ago and, quite frankly, had it not been for that scene, I might have thrown the whole fic away a long time ago, before I realized there was no way I could make this work without using one true criminal "mastermind" -- Antoinette Baines is simply not smart enough, and yeah, how could anyone really think I would turn Bruce Wayne into a bad guy? huh? wink

I love that Lois hasn't given up on interviewing Bruce Wayne.
Of course not - Lois never gives up on anything. wink

It would be interesting to see Superman and Batman keep running into each other, maybe even competing for Lois' attention!
I don't think Batman has any chance at all of attracting Lois' attention. Bruce, maybe. Batman, really not. I doubt she even remembers his name. *giggles*

Just think, there could be a whole Multi-Part Sequel Extravaganza of Superman and Batman running around in Season 1, and Luthor trying to figure out who he should knock off first...
Two superheroes running around Metropolis in tights and a cape. :drools: As for a multi-part extravaganza, I was thinking of something entirely different... but who knows.

is there going to be some kind of sequel, maybe with the lois/clark/bruce/superman/batman quint-something?
You make it sound so dirty, with all the slashes in there. *lol* Is that something I'm supposed to write for the dark side of the boards? :p

Nice - always like stories where Bruce and Clark instantly see through each other's deceptions.
Thanks! I do, too. I think they're both smart enough to be able to see through one another's disguise, even though no one else does. smile

But when Batman appeared I was so hoping Martha had come up with a Batman costume.
Oh, that would have been priceless! *giggles* Nah, he had Alfred sew it for him.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! smile1

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Loved the ending. I also love fanfics where Bruce and Clark immediately see through one another's disguises. LOL
Glad that Lois wasn't too impressed with Batman, and that Superman is still her number 1 hero. wink
It would be nice to see a sequel - something that carries on the I-know-who-you-are thing, on a daily basis, with both Bruce and Clark juggling their alter-egos laugh

Kerth
Kerth
Good story! This whole setup of making Bruce look like a criminal... Well, I might have bought it - if it hadn't been *your* story. We all know you and your Batman obsession. *g*

The scenes with both Batman and Superman or Bruce and Clark were hilarious, both of them knowing the secret of the other one. But then, that was to be expected. I'm surprised Clark didn't use his X-ray vision on the cowl in the first place.

As usual, I liked your discrete insertion of other DC characters.
There were others... Plenty of them: Queen Industries, Kord Enterprises, even LuthorCorp
I was missing some firm of Maxwell Lord, though.

Anyway, I think it's a pity Lois and Clark have decided that Lex would have to be the bad guy. Imagine them investigating first Oliver Queen and Ted Kord - and come up with nothing. Okay, maybe they'd get to interview Green Arrow, and where there's Green Arrow, Black Canary isn't far away. Or they might get to talk to the Blue Beetle - what a coincidence...

Anyway, keep writing. smile1

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, what a nice ending. I loved the Batman/Superman bantering, they make such a cute couple goofy For a moment there, though, I thought Martha had chosen gray spandex instead of blue. Just too funny. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm surprised Clark didn't use his X-ray vision on the cowl in the first place.
That's exactly what he did... It wasn't obvious - Batman didn't realize it, but when he leaves the room, Superman has a strange frown on his face because he's just found out who Batman is.

Anyway, I think it's a pity Lois and Clark have decided that Lex would have to be the bad guy.
They didn't. I did. wink I thought of using a number of people, but I couldn't turn a good guy into a bad one, nor did I want them to investigate people for the next month. *lol* But, hey, that doesn't mean they couldn't possibly meet Ollie or Ted - even Michael Carter. wink

I loved the Batman/Superman bantering, they make such a cute couple
They barely said more than three words to one another in this... lol! As for the rest of your comment... let's just say there's plenty of canon to support that theory. :whistles innocently:

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute ending Lara. I like the competative nature of the two hero's,it is a cute twist on things. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm a little slow with fdk, sorry.

I loved this ending! You totally surprised me with Batman showing up to deal with the bomb. But then Superman was needed, after all. I love that they figured each other out, too. Sounds like a perfect setup for a few more stories if you ask me...

Like I've mentioned, I thought this story was great! I hope we get to see more from you soon!

Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved the two superheroes scene! It made me think of this:

Superman Shows Up Batman

Rated PG-13, so don't show it to the kiddies. devil

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful ending.

I loved that the two super heroes recognised each other - the parallels are great.

What a day for Lois - meeting not one, but two men in tights - then one eats a bomb!!

Slightly off-topic - I found your Bohemian Rhapsody music vid a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. Great job!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Female Hawk - got a link for that vid?

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
Happy Girl

Sorry, I can't make the link work, but if you search for Bohemian Rhapsody in the FoCL Productions folder, you'll find it.

It's from October 2007.

Hope this helps.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1 Thanks again for the feedback everyone! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the story - it's been a lot of fun writing L&C again.

About the vid -- a lot of my stuff has dropped off the face of the internet (my YouTube account no longer exists because most of the clips had been removed by them anyway) but you can still see Bohemian Rhapsody right here . smile Enjoy!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard