OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yay!! Congratulations on a fantastic debut!! smile1

Missy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful story! Wonderful revelation!

party

And yaeh, even Superman can resist Lois Lane.

PS. What is is 2x4?

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations! This was excellent - job well done!! thumbsup

And as Missy says, now that we know what a great writer you are, we get to nag, nag, nag, for more and more stories! Yippee!! wave

PS - Gabriele, 2 x 4's (pronounced "two by four") are long planks of wood. They get their name because they are 2 inches deep and 4 inches wide (and about 9 feet long in their original, uncut form). When someone is acting unusually stupid, it is common to say you want to "hit them on the head with a 2 x 4" to knock some sense into them.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love this story Roger!! I just read the whole thing through for the first time!!!

this is my fav part:
Clark’s head came up momentarily as something Lois said earlier suddenly struck him. "Lois Lane-Kent?" he asked in an amused tone?

Lois smiled and in a teasing tone replied, "Don’t get ahead of yourself, buster. I need to give you something to look forward to, don’t I? And if you’re good - I mean really, really good - I just might consider it."
You scared me a bit in the the beginning of the story w/ all the heart-wrenching/heart-breaking moments, but you gave us a nice, happy ending! Thank you!!

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Excellent debut, Roger. I hope you have more where this came from.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I loved this, Roger. drool

Aching angst, wonderfully insightful introspection, flashes of humor, and a WAFFily smoochie ending -- what more could we ask for? [Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ah, Brilliant. This story is great, and I love how you changed the norm from:

Lois declares her love for Clark
Realizes he's Superman
Is hella-angry
They get back together after much yellage from Lois

To a much more realistic:

Realizes he's Superman
Feels awful for all the things she put him through
They get back together after angsty-filled moment

/me sighs. I love this story, and as soon as it hits the archive, its going straight to my HD.

Is there works for another story, in the future? Not necessarily a sequel, but another story in general? I'd love to read it. And if you ever need any more BRs, I know someone who'd love to do it (pickmepickmepickme) blush .

Loved it,

Jo huh (Who picked this smilie because she felt it was a little under-appreciated)

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nicely done.

MORE!

Tank (who decided to keep it simple and allow the other gentle readers do the requiste fawning over this NEW(?) discovery on the boards)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Roger,
Just read 2,3 & 4
wonderful story
great debut
and as Missy said -now we want more
sorry I'm behind and didn't post on 2&3
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice! thumbsup

Way to make a fabulous impression on us all! Now of course we have to hound you to write more! wildguy Are you sensing the theme here? laugh

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roger

WOW! A great ending! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to your next venture.

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
A good revelation... enough to be in the quiz... oh it can't wink

Nice wrapping smile

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ditto everyone, Roger.
I so enjoyed every part.
You're really talented, and I look forward to reading more from you!

CC-

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Roger,

I came back to second what Jocelyn said:

Ah, Brilliant. This story is great, and I love how you changed the norm from:

Realizes he's Superman
Is hella-angry
They get back together after much yellage from Lois

To a much more realistic:

Realizes he's Superman
Feels awful for all the things she put him through
They get back together after angsty-filled moment
I totally agree. There were many things I liked about this story, but the way you handled the revelation was one of the things I liked the best!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful debut, Roger! smile

Just caught up on the second half and I totally enjoyed it. So much nice introspection, great revelation and sweet smoochies! smile1

Now you'd better make sure you write more! wildguy

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay Roger this was such a great story. I really enjoyed it and I just loved the final chapter. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, all. I've been very remiss in responding to these comments. I'd like to say I really appreciate all the wonderful things you all had to say. It's very helpful to me as a first time writer to see that people enjoyed the story, and will be helpful for encouraging me to continue writing.

Gabriele, Vicki had a very thorough explanation as to what a 2x4 is, literally and figuratively. It's been a running joke for BatP/HOL stories that readers have wanted to bop either Clark or Lois (mostly Lois) over the head with a 2x4 because of the really dumb things they do during those trying times.

Gabriele, Tricia, Jose, Vicki, and Sas: I'm glad you enjoyed the revelation. It just seemed very natural that a revelation during this time period would come from all the hints Lois receives that she already knew her very extraordinary ordinary man.

Jen and Rivka: I was trying for a nice balance of angst, introspection, and WAFFyness to round out the story. Glad you enjoyed it. Some of you quoted some of my favorite lines as well, including the one about the penguins (of course she knows there aren't penguins in Alaska, but Lois babble is one of the most enjoyable parts of writing L&C stories smile ) and the line about not coming to the wedding herself.

I think the hardest part of writing all this was writing the WAFFy parts, having never done anything like that before.

And Jocelyn, you make me blush with all the compliments. Thank you very much that you think this story is worth saving to read again.

Once again, thanks for all the encouragement to continue writing. As some of the people on IRC can attest to, I was pretty darn nervous to post this story, so I'm happy as well as relieved that it was so well received.

Thanks to Missy, Gabriele, Vicki, Jen, Nan, Rivka, Jocelyn, Tank, Merry, Liz, Tricia, Jose, CC, Maria, Sas, and Laura for reading and commenting on my story. smile1

And a big thanks again to my two wonderful beta readers, MissyG and RetroRose. I don't think I could have done it without you.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Merriwether
Merriwether
That was positively wounderful.
thumbsup

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard