Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the press of Kerth voting, I forgot I hadn't given feedback on the last part. I really enjoyed the whole story and particularly the happy ending. I was leery of starting it, but grew to really enjoy their tumultuous interaction. What I was hoping for in a sequel, or even an epilogue, was exactly how life would work out for Mr. & Mrs. Superman. I don't know any fanfic where that particular issue has been dealt with. If any readers know of any, I'd be interested in reading it. Anyway, keep writing stories! They are very good.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alisha, I just wanted to say that this was a great story. I have to admit...I didn't see how Lois would be able to redeem herself and I didn't see Clark forgiving her. But you didi it! And I have to say that that letter was just phenomenal. It pretty much summed up the whole relationship with it's peaks and valleys.

You've don't an absolutely wonderful job and thank you so much for sharing your gift of writing. Sorry it took so long to reply. I actually read it when you posted--early party --but got distracted, but don't think for a minute that I let it slip by. Well done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad to see that you didn't take the easy way out (per my previous post) and let H.G. Wells take them back in time where Lois's action was undone.

No, you dealt with things honestly and straightforwardly, and wrote a wonderful fic.

Lois did a bad thing when she published the secret. But actions have consequences, and now she'll be faced with the paparazzi for being Superman's girlfriend. She made her own punishment.

Your telling of how they both worked through their issues was marvelous. Well done.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I realize this is rather late feedback. blush This was an excellent story Alisha. smile1 I enjoyed very much. I know you said there wasn't going to be a sequel whinging but, if you ever change your mind (pretty please grovel ) I would definitely look forward to it.

Liz

A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thanks Liz, feedback's still feedback however late it is, and still very gratefully recieved! laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm coming very late to the feedback party as I just read the whole story on the archive.

Alisha, this is the gutsiest premise I have seen in a very long time. You tackled the 'what if?' that was always Clark's nightmare with thoughtfulness and skill. And doing it from Lois's pov was brilliant. That feeling of having done an irredeemable wrong has got to be one of the worst there is. Actions have consequences, and you showed that without flinching. And yet you left Lois enough self-esteem to at least stand up to Clark when he started blaming her for what she hadn't done as well as what she had. (And used Dan Scardino, of all people, to bring her to her senses.) And to call him on the carpet for using her, which is exactly what he was doing. Sex as revenge is an ugly thing. Understandable in this case, but still ugly. Which is why Clark tried to stop and had to work through to true forgiveness. Still, Lois is left with the poetic justice of being the girlfriend of the man she outed. Well done all around.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just wanted to say that "From the Ruins" has made it to the archive and I hope that it gains a wide audience! Excellent fic, well worth a Kerth nomination or two.

G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Alisha, I just read your story on the Archives. What a fantastic story.
You did an excellent job showing us Clark through Lois' perceptions, and the letter when she was in the hospital (along with the "dream" where she felt safe and protected in his arms) was an outstanding way to show us Clark's mind through Lois. The way you worked in Clark's point of view without actually looking into his head was very smoothly done...
I totally agree.
I also like how you have taken away any negative after feelings they could have from the sex they couldn't resist, and turned it to making love when they are ready - I have written this clumsily, I mean to say I love the way in the future sex is now about their love, tenderness, and caring. Not just the lust.
Both Lucy and Martha were great.
Lastly I have to confess at one stage to wishing for Wells to come along, or to bring Future Lois back to tell herself not to publish that article!
And while I would love to see a sequel (even a teeny tiny one?) it has a perfect ending, or rather it is their perfect beginning. sloppy
Tania

A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Hi guys, thanks for the new feedback (which I really wasn't expecting!). I don't have time to say much more, but thank you.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Alisha, What an amazing concept! This worked extremely well. I suspect that not long after he was revealed to the public he might have sat down for an interview somewhere and explained the reason for the glasses (which he explained in an ep once that they were leaded so that it would mute his heat/x-ray powers when not needed) and I suspect they most likely would understand the reasoning.

I never saw the "pre-marital sex" as what one of the previous commenters. To me is was always obvious that it was more about releasing tension initially. I do have to love that they would try to hold back so they could honestly get to know one another again but I can't imagine that state lasting TOO long (at least a little bit more than kissing).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard