Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/looks at board and sees new Carol fic/

/looks at workload/

/runs screaming the other way/

Michael wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#61528 03/08/09 01:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely loved the premise and yay! another Carol-fic..... but...

where's the preview for the next part? laugh thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#61529 03/08/09 01:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this is so sweet! They know that they have true love already and they're only sixteen! And yet all I can think of is William Shakespeare: "The course of true love ne'er did run smooth."

Good set-up, Carol. Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. What kind of angsty drama will you put our heroes through? I eagerly await. Don't worry - I like to torture Clark, myself.

#61530 03/08/09 01:36 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wondered if I was going to be roped into previews. Was hard to find one at this point, but here it is...

Chapter 2 Preview
"How was your date, sweetie?" Martha watched Clark as he came into the kitchen.

He yawned. "It was good."

"Did you kiss her?"

"Mo-om!" Clark cracked a couple eggs into a skillet and fried them with his eyes.
Yeah, I know it's not great, but there you go. There'll be better ones later I'm sure...

Thanks guys!

/looks around and whispers/ Come on Michael, you know you wanna...

Carol

#61531 03/08/09 01:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course I do, but right now I'm working 80h a week mecry

Michael

/Must resist/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#61532 03/08/09 02:06 PM
Kerth
Kerth
If that was merely 'setting up the background' - wow, it was great, very readable and makes me wonder what is coming.

#61533 03/08/09 02:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this Carol, but you know what? You create angst in my heart by writing happy things...I'm just waiting for something terrible to happen LOL.

Great, great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#61534 03/09/09 01:37 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cute. It reminds me of how Lana and Clark's relationship would have been like when they were young in OTOH.

Which makes me wonder when the ax is going to fall. (Add to it the fact that I know you can't right a sixteen-part story that's all "sugary sweet.")

I'm glad they had the "sex talk" right away, too. It definitely would put their minds at ease.
That being said, as much as I appreciate Clark telling Lois he wouldn't push her, I wish he would have empathized that as much as he found her attractive, he wasn't ready for sex yet, either.

Because first of all, as much as teenage boys tend to think with their hormones, most of them aren't ready anymore than the girls are. I would think that Clark would know that.
Second, from a girl's perspective, it's nice to hear that your boyfriend won't push you for sex. But the implication is, "if you ever change your mind, I'll be on you so fast you can't see straight." And that can make a girl feel guilty for "holding him back."

If Clark had explained more that HE wasn't ready, either, it would feel more like a muturall desicion. Yes, they did agree that they wouldn't sleep together until they got married at the end, but I really get the impression that it's more to put Lois's mind at ease than anything else. Once again, sweet and gentlemanly, but it's sounds like it's not really what they BOTH WANT.

Of course, this is my concertive additute about sex shining through again. Most people don't agree with it these days. And it's quite possible Lois didn't/or won't feel guilty about "holding him back" at all.
Whatever.

Keep it coming.

#61535 03/09/09 02:35 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone smile .

Michael - aw - I understand lots of work and I'll be here when you do have time.

AnKS - preview above just for you wink .

Iolan - A, the shoe... That was UP remember? wink

Female Hawk - glad you enjoyed it!

JD - hehe so sorry. This was a happy chapter! And there's more happy chapters to come...

Sara - yeah it was kind of supposed to be like that Clana. I'll work on tweaking their talk - that's not how Clark is supposed to come off. He's not anymore ready than she is and thinks it's a good idea to wait until they're both ready whenever that is and then deciding to wait until they get married. And I tend to agree with you anyway. I think OTOH is the only nonmarried sex fic I've ever written and that was a bit of an anomally anyway...

Thanks again guys!

Look for Chapter 2 Wednesday probably smile .

Carol

#61536 03/09/09 04:53 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was a great beginning! You had me going at the beginning - I figured it was Lois in the sandbox at first, then thought it might be Rachel when she called for Lana, and then it turns out it was Lois. Which of course begs the question of how the Lanes ended up in Smallville...

Like some others have mentioned, fluffy chapters from you make me nervous, knowing that the angst is sure to follow!

I'm hooked already...can't wait to see where this is going!

Amber

#61537 03/09/09 05:04 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Trepidation? No! Don't hold back!

So we're going to make …to use as bribes for more Ricochet
Heh, that's so crazy that it just might work!

Lois glared back. "You can have him."
Ah - words you'll live to regret…

"Dad! I haven't even kissed her in ten years!"
This touched me - that he would still remember (and count) the kiss he gave her as a child. <sniffle>

"Will you please tell Dad to stop worrying? I'm not going to have sex with Lois tonight. It's our *first* date."

"Well, you look very handsome," Martha told him, needlessly straightening his tie.
And that cracked me up! In just a few words you've given us the pragmatic Martha that I loved so much in the series.

His tie was a splash of primary colors that almost warranted sunglasses.
Poor Clark - ever the fashion victim. <g>

He was wearing blue jeans that she'd seen him wear before and knew that they fit him perfectly. Every girl at school knew that.
I shouldn't drink while reading. That line made me snorf my water. lol

She sighed again and smiled a genuine smile as Clark put his arm around her shoulders – at her mom's direction, of course. Now if only she could get him to do it for real later...
Ah, young love. Somehow I don't think she's going to have to twist his arm to make it happen. smile

"We can sit in the back of the truck and star gaze. That's it." He grinned at her again. "I'm a gentleman, remember?"
Yeah, I've heard that one before. Then again, it's Clark so she should be safe (darn the luck). wink

She took the blanket from him and moved until she was sitting in front of him, leaning against his chest. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she settled in. This was her first date – their first date. Was this okay? Was this too fast for something like this? She trusted Clark, didn't she?
Heh - my heart was pounding,too.

"I can't promise that I won't *wish* I hadn't promised that from time to time,
I hope we get to read that scene. laugh

Poor Sam, though. He has no idea that his shotgun would have zero effect. wink

Excellent beginning, Carol. Every other day, you said? So there's a new part tomorrow?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#61538 03/09/09 07:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, I am going to try to keep up with this, but no promises.

I will leave FDK later.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#61539 03/09/09 07:51 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wheee! More FDK!

Amber - Sheesh. Do I have that reputation? Really? In a 16 parter? Sure the chapters are a bit longer than OTOH/UP chapters [those were 2-2500 words mostly, these are mostly 3500ish] but would I do horrible things to them? Okay. Maybe. All right, I would.

Sue - Wheeee! Sue!!!! Okay, I haven't made cookies yet, but I'm going to. I'd even trade SnS 2 for more Ricochet - I wasn't going to post Ch. 2 until Wed, but I might be convinced to post sooner... So they've promised to wait till they get married, they're 16, this is 16 chapters, do you think we'll get the wedding night?

James - hope you can. After all, you did answer that exceptionally important question for me a couple weeks ago. Hopefully, by posting a bit more slowly than I have with the last couple you [and maybe others] can keep up smile .

#61540 03/09/09 09:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love the premise and having the Lanes in Smallville. I love reading about happily married Sam/Ellen as opposed to cheating Sam.

Ok, so if I like Pollyanna stories, why do I read your fics? The angst levels usually make me wait until the story is done, but like you said earlier, what can you possibly do to them in 16 parts that can match the angst levels of OTOH and UP?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#61541 03/09/09 12:20 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh LOVE IT!!! Soo sweet! Cannot wait to see what happens next

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#61542 03/09/09 03:43 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, that's really sweet and different! For now, 16-year-old Lois and Clark are just adorably sweet together. So tell me, is there a serpent int the garden? Don't tell me... Lana?

Well, I think this is the first fic ever where Lois grows up in Smallville with Clark and becomes his childhood sweetheart. That sandbox episode was cute enough to melt lead! (Uh... I meant that as a compliment!) clap clap clap

Imagine if Smallville had been like this on TV! You bet I would have been looking!!!

Ann

#61543 03/09/09 07:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What really gave an insight into character was that Clark and Lois were the rescuers and Lana sat passively, waiting to be rescued.

#61544 03/09/09 07:15 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Whee! Still more!

Cookies are made and offered to Sue but she hasn't taken me up on the offer yet... wink

James - Don't know that I can - or wanted to. This and the new WIP are kind of different given LtL/OTOH/UP etc.

Bella - thanks!

Ann - hmmm would surprise me if it's really the first one with L/C as HS sweethearts in Smallville... I loved writing the sandbox!

Iolan - that was my thought too!

More Wed!
Carol

#61545 03/10/09 02:20 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I love teenage L&C fic. Adorable beginning. But I'm worried because I know there will be a twist eventually! Not that it will stop me from reading more. laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard