Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#61503 03/10/09 03:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it as always. So the change in the past hasn't been reflected in '98.. yet? After rereading some parts, I am again wondering who Wells' companion was right when the story started. And from their talk, it seemed as if things weren't exactly resolved... uhoh

Looking fwd to the next part, with all its torturous longing.

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#61504 03/10/09 04:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, so I had originally posted here some of my musings on time travel and how far the respective mixed-up couples should feel free to go. But now I'm thinking maybe it would be best not to engage in speculations, and just allow you to take this where you want it to go, and see what you do with it. So, I've deleted what I wrote, and I will wait (not so patiently) for you to put up the next installment.

- Vicki

PS - thank you for the warm 'welcome back' blush

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#61505 03/10/09 01:57 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Carol - Oh, I'd feel guilty taking those cookies. Especially when I can see that you've posted the next part of Shaken. <slinks away to go read>

Brenda - I just hope RL doesn't interfere with your writing. I'm thrilled you took some time out to write me - it certainly made my day. smile I'm glad the characters seem true to you (and that compliment means the world when it's coming from a writer I admire).
What Lois wouldn't fall in love with Clark when she can see his true self; honest, open, confident ... and Superman! She is a gonner.
Heh. Good. wink
Flark really needs to let Plois know how much he wants her and appreciates her attempts to comfort him. Has he forgotten that this is S2 Lois? There's only so much rejection she can take.
Here's the thing about Flark - he's not being obtuse. He's making a deliberate choice to try and be the Clark she knew three years earlier - the guy who adores her but isn't going to push her into anything (and I elaborate on this a little more below when answering Vicki).

AnKS - Hey! Another reader I've missed! I'm glad that you're paying attention and wondering who Wells was talking to at the beginning. I left it vague on purpose. <evil cackle>

Oh Vicki! You deleted before I could reply! I did read your comments earlier today and I greatly appreciated your musings. You touched on one thing that does factor into the next part - which is that Flois has fewer reservations about getting close with Plark. The main reasoning I had for going in that direction was that Flois knows that Plark has loved her all along and is ready (and even longing) for her to feel and return the love and trust he has to give. Flark, on the other hand, knows that Plois has to be able to trust him and be comfortable with him before he can advance their relationship.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#61506 03/10/09 02:26 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so 7 is coming... when exactly?

wink

#61507 03/10/09 03:17 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The main reasoning I had for going in that direction was that Flois knows that Plark has loved her all along and is ready (and even longing) for her to feel and return the love and trust he has to give. Flark, on the other hand, knows that Plois has to be able to trust him and be comfortable with him before he can advance their relationship.
That, too. goofy

You touched on one thing that does factor into the next part - which is that Flois has fewer reservations about getting close with Plark.
Oooooo... are you saying what I think you're saying? hyper To paraphrase Clark, just how close will they get, exactly?

Part 7! Part 7! Tonight! wildguy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#61508 03/11/09 07:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I was going to leave FDK for this section, but...

I don't have cookies or another part of a WIP to tempt you with. However, I can withhold FDK until you post part 7. I hope that gives you an idea of what I think about this whole story, because you're not getting any more out of me until you post the next part. laugh

#61509 03/11/09 07:53 AM
Kerth
Kerth
peep
Here's the thing about part 7. Remember how I explained that I only had betas for the first few parts of this story? The snippets that became parts 6-8 have only been read by one other person and they were grossly unformed at the time. The more I read the beginning of part 7 (on which, I think, a lot of the Flois/Plark plot hangs), the sketchier it felt to me. So I pulled it from part 6 because that would give me a day or two to think about it. But after a couple of days of thinking about it (and maybe this is the medication talking), I started second-guessing myself. So now I have two versions, the original and the one I rewrote. So, long explanation short, once I can decide (to paraphrase Vicki paraphrasing Clark) just how close they get, I'll post. I'm hoping for this afternoon, but I don't want to promise anything.

So, Rona, is it a staring contest? Because I'm pretty good at those. Especially in my current, slightly drugged, state. :p

(and maybe it's worth noting that feedback always spurs me to write faster and the lack of it... not so much)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
#61510 03/11/09 07:57 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves hand wildly then makes self lower it and looks around to see if anyone else noticed/

If you want someone else to look it over before you post it...

I'd, um... I could find the time to do so for you wink .

/whistles innocently/

#61511 03/11/09 08:21 AM
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Why not just post both parts?? I certainly wouldn't mind, in fact, I'd find it quite interesting! laugh

#61512 03/11/09 08:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
But, the promise of FDK won't make you write faster? ...No? Darn.

Okay, no staring contest. You win.

I completely get why Flark is withdrawing from Plois. It's lunkheaded, of course, but I get it. What I find really interesting is that Plois seems to be quickly falling for Flark in a way that I don't think she's necessarily ready for yet. Is it the realization that she -will- get to this point in her life that is allowing her to drop a couple of her barriers a little more quickly? Because once upon a time, Lois slammed the door in Clark's face. Now Plois isn't even thinking about door-slamming. Of course, the poor girl has had to adjust to a lot of shock over the past couple of days.

Either way, this is an intriguing tale you are weaving! I am very anxious for another part. I kind of devour your fics, so I'm trying really, really hard to be patient for the next segment, but failing miserably.

And I'll second Carol - if you need another set of eyes, I can volunteer my services. wink

#61513 03/11/09 11:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sjp,

You beat me to it! I was just going to suggest the same thing. Seriously. I absolutely adore Sue's writing style, I gobble up everything she writes, and I am frankly fascinated by the idea of the two different paths our time-crossed couple might take. I really would be curious to see how each option plays out.

Come on, Sue, what do you say?

- Vicki

#61514 03/11/09 05:10 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
A motion has been proposed and seconded. I say we take a vote now. All in favor of Sue posting both versions of Ricochet part 7, say aye.

wave

Aye!

#61515 03/11/09 05:11 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Aye!

#61516 03/11/09 05:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aye, and aye again!

(But I'll settle for any Sue S. post)

#61517 03/12/09 02:13 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Add me to the list too.

grinch

#61518 03/12/09 04:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AYE!!

Post both!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#61519 03/12/09 04:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aye! No more second guessing, Sue! Whatever you write is great. I'm envious of your trash bin. Post both parts and we can vote! It will be the first episode of Fanfic Idol!!!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#61520 03/13/09 05:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Rona said:
Because once upon a time, Lois slammed the door in Clark's face. Now Plois isn't even thinking about door-slamming.
Lois slammed the door in Clark's face on the show because she panicked about what was going to happen if things worked out. It was Clark's steady devotion that convinced her to give him another shot (and, of course, the threat of imminent nuclear destruction).

In this story she knows exactly what the future holds. She's got proof that Clark's kisses leave her weak in the knees and that they're both still very much in love (courtesy of Clark's own words and Perry's corroborating interview). Knowing that flusters her at the same time that it intrigues her. She likes the idea of being there for Superman, and couldn't stop staring at Clark in a tight t-shirt, but immediately poured the pot of water down the sink rather than risk feeding him pasta. It's not exactly a door slam, but it was a way to put on the brakes and gave her a chance to retreat upstairs and reconsider her reconsiderations.

My thanks to Carol, sjp, Rona, Vicki, Brenda, Iolan, grinch, James and Artemis (whew - just typing all those names gave me warm fuzzies laugh ) for nudging me along. I promise to include the first version at the bottom of the story (be gentle!). I'm hoping to have some time this afternoon to polish the rough edges and post.

Ides of Metropolis
#61521 03/13/09 04:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap clap Looks for Ricochet 7. Hits refresh. Looks for Ricochet 7. Hits refresh.....
Artemis notworthy notworthy

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#61522 03/13/09 04:23 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Um... it's no longer afternoon. Anywhere in the continental US at least and it's tomorrow once you hit the mid Atlantic or so...

Sue?! Sue?! Where are you?!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard