Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay so a cascading power outage might be a bit much as part of a nefarious plan but taking advantage of one already in progress... That I can see.

Go Lois! She's getting there!

More soon please Nan!
Carol

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really liked this chapter, Nan. Watching the Krypterrans practice was a lot of fun and I'm intrigued by the variances of telepathic powers between the different children. Also, it was nice to see the kids including Lois in their circle.
She should have realized that CJ would never consider himself superior to her or anyone else, any more than Clark did. 'Come on, Lane, there's no reason to get defensive about this. It's not CJ's fault that you were too chicken to try this before!'
Yes, CJ is very Clark like - nothing for Lois to worry about. I half expected CJ or one of the other kids to 'hear' her chiding herself for being 'chicken'. laugh

"Mom?" Jimmy's voice said from behind them, "why are you yelling for CJ? He's right there next to you."

Lois opened her eyes and turned her head to see her seven-year-old son poking his head through the attic door. Jim Olsen appeared behind him.
Looks like the you-have-to-be-ten-to-know-the-secret rule needs to be adjusted a bit. Poor Jimmy can hear his mom screaming in his head. LOL!

Nice to see Alex again, too.
There's at least one other kid in Metropolis that Dad hasn't found yet, who can hear us, if we're not careful. Or there was, three years ago.
I somehow missed part 9 before, but doesn't this scared boy sound like it might be Ally's missing brother?

And a mysterious power outage...(queue ominous music here). Could there be anything sinister about it? Knowing this brood, it's likely.

Nice work.

Kerth
Kerth
Lucy? I don't think she's been in this series much - could she have a half-Kryptonian child without anyone knowing?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part as usual Nan. Eager to read more.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Does Lucy know "The Secret" in this story?

Kerth
Kerth
Good questions. smile If Lucy isn't married in that story, she might have hooked up with Ben's not-quite father... eek

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lucy was in Vanishing Act. And no, she doesn't know the Secret. Yet. <g>

Maybe in the next story or two.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Merriwether
Merriwether
When last we saw Lucy, she was in college and getting rescued from a slavery ring. wink Odd that she turns up right during the power outage, though.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whee, talk about your sharp left turns! I definitely didn't see Lucy coming, and I'm very curious to see why she's there...

Sam and Ellen know the Secret, I suppose Lucy might as well, too.

Exit question: Does Lucy think that her sister is completely nuts for having 7 kids? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh-oh! CJ and Linda walking Ally home to an empty house....dum dum dum....(ominous music).

What could possibly go wrong? Oh, they'll just fly away.

Why do I cringe at those statements?

Kerth
Kerth
Barely fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang. Lois went to the door and peeked through the spy hole. The sight of the person standing there made her hurry to unlock the door and pull it open. "Lucy? What are you doing here?
Well... that was unexepected goofy

hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Jimmy certainly is interesting. Poor Jimmy Olsen trying to run up however-many flights of stairs to head off the little tyke.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great entertainment clap The food-stuff cracked me up and the teaching-bit was great. And now CJ and Linda are off on their first joint operation and there is no power in the city. Does it mean trouble? Or is it a red herring? And the mechanical doorbell was a nice touch to the old brown stone smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Actually I hadn't thought about it, since my own doorbell was battery powered when we bought our house (and has since broken), but I added a paragraph to clarify the doorbell bit, Michael. I figured the brownstone, being as old as it was, probably would have had a knocker, rather than a bell, originally.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I am in awe of your ability to write so many characters believably and well and then to have all of those characters interact with each other!

This part was great...looking forward to more!

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loving this story. So glad you are writing on this one.

Any possibility of more TU?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard