Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 02:17 PM
Okay so a cascading power outage might be a bit much as part of a nefarious plan but taking advantage of one already in progress... That I can see.

Go Lois! She's getting there!

More soon please Nan!
Carol
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 02:34 PM
I really liked this chapter, Nan. Watching the Krypterrans practice was a lot of fun and I'm intrigued by the variances of telepathic powers between the different children. Also, it was nice to see the kids including Lois in their circle.
She should have realized that CJ would never consider himself superior to her or anyone else, any more than Clark did. 'Come on, Lane, there's no reason to get defensive about this. It's not CJ's fault that you were too chicken to try this before!'
Yes, CJ is very Clark like - nothing for Lois to worry about. I half expected CJ or one of the other kids to 'hear' her chiding herself for being 'chicken'. laugh

"Mom?" Jimmy's voice said from behind them, "why are you yelling for CJ? He's right there next to you."

Lois opened her eyes and turned her head to see her seven-year-old son poking his head through the attic door. Jim Olsen appeared behind him.
Looks like the you-have-to-be-ten-to-know-the-secret rule needs to be adjusted a bit. Poor Jimmy can hear his mom screaming in his head. LOL!

Nice to see Alex again, too.
There's at least one other kid in Metropolis that Dad hasn't found yet, who can hear us, if we're not careful. Or there was, three years ago.
I somehow missed part 9 before, but doesn't this scared boy sound like it might be Ally's missing brother?

And a mysterious power outage...(queue ominous music here). Could there be anything sinister about it? Knowing this brood, it's likely.

Nice work.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 02:38 PM
Lucy? I don't think she's been in this series much - could she have a half-Kryptonian child without anyone knowing?
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 03:51 PM
Great part as usual Nan. Eager to read more.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: suez Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 04:27 PM
Does Lucy know "The Secret" in this story?
Good questions. smile If Lucy isn't married in that story, she might have hooked up with Ben's not-quite father... eek
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 04:47 PM
Lucy was in Vanishing Act. And no, she doesn't know the Secret. Yet. <g>

Maybe in the next story or two.

Nan
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 04:56 PM
When last we saw Lucy, she was in college and getting rescued from a slavery ring. wink Odd that she turns up right during the power outage, though.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 05:42 PM
Whee, talk about your sharp left turns! I definitely didn't see Lucy coming, and I'm very curious to see why she's there...

Sam and Ellen know the Secret, I suppose Lucy might as well, too.

Exit question: Does Lucy think that her sister is completely nuts for having 7 kids? goofy

PJ
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/06/09 09:20 PM
Oh-oh! CJ and Linda walking Ally home to an empty house....dum dum dum....(ominous music).

What could possibly go wrong? Oh, they'll just fly away.

Why do I cringe at those statements?
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/07/09 02:08 AM
Barely fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang. Lois went to the door and peeked through the spy hole. The sight of the person standing there made her hurry to unlock the door and pull it open. "Lucy? What are you doing here?
Well... that was unexepected goofy

hyper
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/07/09 03:07 PM
Jimmy certainly is interesting. Poor Jimmy Olsen trying to run up however-many flights of stairs to head off the little tyke.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/07/09 03:09 PM
Great entertainment clap The food-stuff cracked me up and the teaching-bit was great. And now CJ and Linda are off on their first joint operation and there is no power in the city. Does it mean trouble? Or is it a red herring? And the mechanical doorbell was a nice touch to the old brown stone smile

Michael
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/07/09 11:14 PM
Actually I hadn't thought about it, since my own doorbell was battery powered when we bought our house (and has since broken), but I added a paragraph to clarify the doorbell bit, Michael. I figured the brownstone, being as old as it was, probably would have had a knocker, rather than a bell, originally.

Nan
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/09/09 09:23 AM
I am in awe of your ability to write so many characters believably and well and then to have all of those characters interact with each other!

This part was great...looking forward to more!

Amber
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Degrees of Separation, 10/? - 03/09/09 11:30 AM
Loving this story. So glad you are writing on this one.

Any possibility of more TU?

James
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards