carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Ah yes. It's done.

Thank you again to everyone!

SED, the next fic in this series, will be posted before too long. I'm thinking probably after Kerth voting ends. Because I'm going to have reading to do too wink . Hopefully by then I'll have enough of a buffer that I can post fairly frequently, even if not daily wink .

That said...

Below are the previews. Some of the chapters aren't numbered and that's because I did skip some because it wouldn't leave me alone until I wrote some later stuff. And, of course, it's all subject to change... And not just chapter numbers wink .

Chapter 1
~*~Clark~*~
I wasn’t sure what woke me up.

I didn't open my eyes.

I didn't need to.

Her body was warm against mine, her arm around my waist holding me close to her. I sighed happily and pulled the covers a bit closer around us. The fire had long since died out and she'd often said that I was better than any water bottle. We tended to keep the temperature fairly low, giving us more reason to use body heat.
Chapter 3
~*~Clark~*~
I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the back of the chair. This was a living nightmare.

"What do you want to do, Clark?" Lois asked quietly.
~*~
She left and I looked at Lois.

"So what do we do?" I asked her.

She sighed. "I have no idea."
Chapter 4
~*~Lois~*~
There were cheers and whistles from those around and suddenly I found myself being dipped.

And kissed.

~*~Clark~*~
She nodded and curled up on the chair. I set my plate on the table next to it. "What do you want to drink?"

"Jack Daniels? Wild Turkey? Moonshine?"

I groaned. I knew she didn't drink, not with the history of alcoholism in her family. But I also wished alcohol affected me at the moment.

"Milk? OJ?"

"Coffee," she said with a sigh. "With lots of real sugar and cream."
Chapter 6
~*~Clark~*~
She rested her head on my shoulder as we waited for the elevator. "This really is wonderful, Clark."

"I hope you still think so when we get to the room. I couldn't afford to get one of the really nice ones for the whole time we're here."

She kissed me. "I don't care if we're in Canada or your room at the farm, as long as we're together."

My eyes twinkled at her. "Well, I'm sure I could get my money back."

She smacked me lightly as we stepped into the elevator. "Not a chance, mister."
Chapter ??
~*~Lois~*~
"But that doesn't mean you two get to recreate your honeymoon." Perry's southern drawl pulled me out of my well-disguised shock. "You're undercover as honeymooners, but you're really on a stake-out. Capice?"

"Got it, Perry," Clark said. I could hear something in his voice.
Chapter ??
~*~Clark~*~
I chuckled. "As you wish."

"Got that right, Westley."

"Westley?"

"From 'Princess Bride'."

"So now I'm the Dread Pirate Roberts, am I?" I asked, squirting some of the shampoo into my hand.
Chapter ??
~*~Lois~*~
I groaned. "I bet Mom and Dad are worried sick. Do you know where my phone is?"

He shook his head. "Not a clue. But I told them that I thought about seeing if you wanted to go away this weekend and hang out. They probably figure that we did."
Thanks again everyone!

Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww! That's a very sweet ending, almost melt-worthy! (Can't melt at work, bad for my image) And those previews are very intriguing!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's a girl! [Linked Image]
Awwww.... [Linked Image] Sweet WAFF with a cherry on top. [Linked Image] Loved the ending. [Linked Image]

As for the previews, I couldn't grasp what it will be about. But something caught my eye:

~*~Lois~*~
I groaned. "I bet Mom and Dad are worried sick. Do you know where my phone is?"
'Our' Lois hasn't a Mom, so this is Lois from the other universe? Are the previews about different universes? grumble So much teasing added to UP withdrawal isn't good for my sanity. [Linked Image] Post it soon, please? Pretty please? [Linked Image] <insert puppy dog eyes> [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I loved how Clark went to the other universe at the end. I didn't see that coming. And for our Sam to be able to see Ellen again was touching.

I enjoyed the end, mostly because I know there's more coming! I am very curious to see what goes on in the other universe with that Lois and Clark.

I loved how Christopher had figured out the secret and knew that it was a secret! Can't keep anything from those super-powered kids...

And very convenient to have a universe/time-hopping device and know how to use it. I see potential for many stories to come!

Thanks for the story! I'm going to miss my daily fix!

Amber

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers/

Couldn't she mean Martha/Jonathan? Maybe she's started calling them Mom/Dad. Dunno how far into the future this might be.

/ends whispers/

More later smile .

Carol [who doesn't want to get everyone's hopes up for a fic with the other L/C - there's snippets in my head that aren't yet on the screen...]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I think prev1 and 3 are from our universe with the other LnC.

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm extremely tired and have little time, but...

What a sweet ending! Awwww!!!!

I loved that Clark and Lois had a daughter and named her after Ellen. (All right, they named her after Lara and Lucy too, but...) I loved that Clark showed Ellen in the other universe a picture of little Ellie. I loved that Sam saw that other Ellen, and could tell her that he still missed and loved 'his' Ellen.

I loved how sweet little Christopher was when Clark and Lois met him again. I loved that he knew that those other Lois and Clark were not his parents, and I loved that he was able to pretend that he thought they were. What a good and wise little boy he is.

I have a problem with the fact that all Kryptonians are telepathic, but only with each other. In the comics, the Kryptonians were not obviously telepathic, although Clark and Lois could contact each other occasionally. To me, this was a wonderful testament to their great affinity and 'soulmateship', so I loved it. In your fic, however, Clark can communicate with all the Vans in all possible timelines and universes, and he will undoubtedly be able to communicate telepathically with his children, too. But, apparently, he will never be able to communicate telepathically with Lois.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by TOC:

I have a problem with the fact that all Kryptonians are telepathic, but only with each other. In the comics, the Kryptonians were not obviously telepathic, although Clark and Lois could contact each other occasionally. To me, this was a wonderful testament to their great affinity and 'soulmateship', so I loved it. In your fic, however, Clark can communicate with all the Vans in all possible timelines and universes, and he will undoubtedly be able to communicate telepathically with his children, too. But, apparently, he will never be able to communicate telepathically with Lois.

Ann
Hm. IIRC, That's kinda how the show itself worked, with the people of New Krypton being telepathic. Though there, I don't know what the restrictions were on who they were telepathic with; I remember a scene where Zara was giving some kind of mental PA anouncement, and Jimmy somehow managed to interrupt it/blunder into it.
clap

~•~
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hmm... On the show, iirc, there was the I love you thing at the VERY end of S3, but I'd say that was more cliffhanger than actually creating canon if that makes sense.

I think in OTOH either Clark or Van/Bernie said something about not being telepathic with humans but being able to sense strong emotions from those they are very close to [and/or have bonded with because of their physical relationship] etc unless actively blocking them, either consciously or unconsciously, which Clark realized he'd been doing with Lois, but it hasn't been actively revisited.

In the kitchen when Lois first meets Ellen, Clark can feel her tears. That kind of thing.

I kind of go with Nan's Home type theory in that sense. Though in her Dagger series, at least one human has been able to get on the wavelength with Kryptonians; he's bonded to one of the girls iirc.

Anyway, that's kind of how I see it...

I'll be rereading OTOH [again!] in the hopes of getting it to Labby before the Kerth noms come out b/c I won't have time to reread it after that and will make sure there's something about that in there.

More later! Thanks!

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really glad the new baby was a girl. clap

I'm also glad that Clark showed Ellen the pictures of the new baby, and Sam got to see Ellen, even if it wasn't HIS Ellen.

As far as the "other" Lois and Clark, I'd like to know what happens to them, but I have to say I'd be hestiant to read the story as well.
Why?

Because people on this site want to see Lois and Clark together, at least at the end of the story. That makes sense, when you look at the NAME, after all.
Really, I've always had trouble with seeing Lois and Clark with other people as well. (I said as much to Carol at the beginning of OTOH. Also one of the reasons why I refues to watch Smallville.)

But that being said, I can't hope the "other" Lois and Clark get together in the end. I don't believe in divorce unless there is a very good reason for it. I realize that techically, Clark is alrea
dy divorced to Lana and married to Lois, but that wasn't HIS CHOICE - OR EVEN HIM THAT MADE VOWS TO LOIS. He DID make vows to Lana.

I don't have problem with Lois divorcing Lex (assuming she married him), because that was obviously mental, if not eventaully physical abuse.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

I don't have a problem with Clark divorcing Lana in "Clark Kent This is Your Life" because,
even though Lana did believe she had reasons for doing what she did, she WAS mentally and physically abuvsive as well.

But Lana and Clark in the "UP universe" have no such problems. Yes, she doesn't want him being Superman. (although I would wonder if she would change her mind after seeing the response Clark got. Canon Jonathan warmed up to Superman as well, after all.) But that's not an unworkable obsticale. No, they don't have a perfect marriage, but guess what? NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT! Even Lois and Clark's marriage (canon or otherwise), is not perfect. That doesn't make it unworkable.

So I can't read a story about having a good marriage go bad just to get Lois and Clark together. I'm also not sure I want to read a story about them happily involved with other people.

Regardless, though, I liked UP.

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, it made me cry AT WORK. Thanks for such a great story. I'm eager to see how the other universe's Lois and Clark fix the mess made of their lives-- or if they consider it a mess anymore.

thanks!

rkn
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Wow i started this story, then had to read the first one. Very creative, i wish I could write as fast as you (I'm slowly getting out Chapter 18 of Reflections). Anyway, enjoyed this story (these stories), great job.

Max

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bwaaaaaaah whinging

Okay I'm not literally crying because it's just been that long of a day, but this:

["I used to pray for that, you know," he told her, one arm around her shoulders, the other hand holding the pictures. "To just see her and Lucy one more time." Tears continued to flow. "It's like an unexpected answer to prayer."
is what would have done it for me! (I may cry later.)

*happy melt*
GREAT sequel, and shammmme on getting me strung out on all sorts of previews already! Looking forward to the next one. smile
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - I'm back smile .

Karen - glad you didn't melt at work and that you enjoyed it!

Andreia - Yep, it's a girl! Please keep your sanity! Really. You should. I will post soon. Probably right after Kerth voting ends because I need more buffer and I'll have lots of reading to do once noms come out smile .

Amber - I really liked Sam seeing Ellen and Christopher, too! As for time/universe hopping, I see it as one of those rare occasion, emergency only things not the 'let's take a vacation to an alternate universe' things.

Michael - ah - only time will tell!

Ann - Glad you liked it! I love Christopher too! [See other posts regarding telepathy smile ]

Queenie - Thank you! Now get back to writing your fic [seriously - she's got a great one in the works!]

Sara - From what I understand, Lana is gone for good on Smallville smile . That said, we don't *know* the Clark and Lana in the UP universe. All we know is what others told Lois and Clark [they were starting to try to get pregnant, she and Lois didn't get along because she wanted Clark home while Lois wanted him to investigate with her type stuff] so we have no idea what kinds of problems they might have [though abuse does seem a bit far fetched]. No, no marriage is perfect, but there are those that become unworkable for any number of reasons. Generally speaking, I don't like the divorce thing at all either. I'm curious though, if the UP L/C got back and the divorce hadn't gone through yet and Lana still refused to let Clark be Superman, would that be enough for you and Clark needs to be just like we see 'our' Clark needing to help long before he became Superman?

rkn - sorry to make you cry at work wink . Glad you liked it.

Max - I'm amazed you've gotten any writing done if you were trying to work your way through these monstrosities! [well, really only OTOH would count as a monstrosity but when you put them together...] Glad you enjoyed them!

JD - glad you liked it! Sorry to get you strung out wink . Don't cry!

Thanks again everyone!

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tempus is far more diabolical than I gave him credit for. He never meant to break up the OTOH Clark and Lois. No, his goal was to destroy the lives of the other Clark and Lois. After all, they were only friends, but now they've had to pretend to be married and parents together for four and a half months. When they get back "home," Joe will be dating someone else and Lana will be divorced from Clark. Oh, and they'll still be married, too, but legally now, whether they took those vows or not.

It's one thing to mess with one Lois and Clark. It's another one entirely to completely destroy another universe's L&C. I don't know how they could be together knowing that they were forced into their current life by their dopplegangers. And when everyone tells them what wonderful people the "other" Lois and Clark are, they'll have a perfect opportunity to resent their counterparts - and each other. Without that interference, they could have remained friends and colleagues for life and helped establish Utopia. Now? They won't want to stay in the same room with each other.

No, this was the evil scheme. Now Tempus may have broken a Lois and Clark relationship for ever. No way he leaves a help screen in his time-travel device if he doesn't want anyone to use it to fix what he's done! He counted on the "original" L&C to eventually go home, but not until they'd turned their duplicates' lives upside down and broken them pretty much beyond repair.

Not only is Carol evil, evil she's terribly sneaky, too. devil

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, thank you for another fantastic fic! I did not comment on every chapter but checked every day for the updates. I am so glad that Clark finally really came to his senses. I think it was a great test of Clark's love for Lois when he woke up in Lana's arms as her husband, but still wanted t be back with Lois. And he passed!

The intimate conversations were so romantic and sensual. I frequently read certain parts over and over and over again, because they were so--sweet--for a lack of a better term.

I have to admit that the time travel made me dizzy and I didn't even attempt to try to tell one universe from the other. But I did understand the F1 thing and it was great!

Again, thank you for sharing, Carol and as always, you rock!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
just so you know, the wonderful ending to a wonderful story has left me in constant withdrawal. I really love your stories and want to thank you for them!

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Terry, Sheila and Sarah -

I'm not terribly coherent at the moment. I've got strep and feel like Lois after a night at the Sewage Reclamation Plant.

I did want to say thank you smile . The comments last night/today made my morning this morning since I do feel like... well, you know.

Terry - I'm afraid you give me way too much credit or blame - whichever!

Sheila - The time travel made me dizzy and gave me more headaches than I care to admit. And I rock? Thank you!

Sarah - I'm so sorry for the withdrawal but do hope to start posting the next story in this series after Kerth voting is over... If I can get more of it written by then...

Thanks guys!
Carol

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hi Carol,

Finally, I managed to finish the story!! Yay, I like how you resolve the situation even if it wasn't possible to restore Ellen and Lucy to life in their own dimension.

Great work. smile
Cheers,
Lote

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, it's been online for 4 years, but I'm just reading this now. The first story (OTOH) messed with my sleeping schedule over Memorial Day weekend! See what you did....

Anyway, I've enjoyed the stories. Making Clark a Cardinals fan was *great*....I am up to where Lois has to wear a Yadi jersey to a Met/STL game and am laughing at a *very* grumpy Lois. LOL!!! I was waiting for the Kiss Cam when she was there wearing the Metros jersey wink I should have known you were a Cards fan by all the detail.

Anyway, I thought you'd like to know there are still people reading the fic after all this time. Good job!!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard