OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Saturday, 10-noon ET

Chapter 26 Preview
~*~Lois~*~
"There," Clark whispered pointing and I could see through a small window into the chapel.

Tears flowed down my cheeks on behalf of my younger self. She was in for a rough row to hoe and she didn't know the half of it yet.

"She'll be okay." His arms tightened around me. "She's strong. She's tough and tenacious and she's going to be a great mom."

"I know."

The wedding was over and I turned to Clark. I put my hands on either side of his face and kissed him passionately. "Let's get out of here," I whispered.
Thanks!

Off to the doc...

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"I'm *what*?" I hissed.

"Married to Joe," he told me. "And from what I'm trying desperately not to hear, you enjoy it very much."
rotflol (Maybe I shouldn't laugh, but goodness... that was funny!!!) rotflol

Lois and I are trying to get back to our original lives, but with Ellen and Lucy and Dave."

He nodded. "I guess I can understand that. But you promise, I'll be happy if I do this. It won't ruin things with Lana?"
Ouch! Poor younger Clark. And poor Lana, too. You'd better have a Chad for her in this timeline too, Carol!

By the way, how utterly, totally, completely weird it would be to talk to yourself! I mean honestly!!!! eek eek eek

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
And Tempus thought he was going to WIN?

Of course, one time-line he has - the one where Lois didn't make it. And in at least one other Superman may or may not make an appearance,
but still... goofy

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I always said Tempus was too cocky for his own good. He never sees any holes in his plans.

So far, everything seems to be going well. Still, is it going to work out in the end? Why WAS Carol asking about divorce and remarriage? Naturallly, I'm assuming she was talking about Clark and Lana divorcing, and Lois and Clark getting married but I don't KNOW that.

People assumed she was talking about Lois and Clark divorcing in "On the Other Hand", as well, which was incorrect.
She could have been talking about Ellen and Sam. Or it could have been someone else (Perry and Alice, maybe?) It could have even been plans for a different story (although I'm pretty sure she was working on this story at the time, but that doesn't mean she didn't have another idea for another one).

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point, Sara. Carol might get back to the remarriage-thing again. So, maybe they get everything fixed up until the point where Lois and Clark divorce instead of patch things up in the cabin and then they get remarried when they get back home huh

And the reason might be that none of their decisions was theirs, so they would feel less compelled to make things work huh

Carol, I start having doubts how things will work out when LnC keep on playing not just puppeteers, but actually keep telling their younger selves what to do.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course, one time-line he has - the one where Lois didn't make it. And in at least one other Superman may or may not make an appearance
But when they go back and fix things doesn't those timelines cease to exist? I mean, when they went back and made sure Lois survived, didn't that timeline (the one where she died) disappear? huh

If all the timelines keep on existing, so the timeline where Ellen, Lucy and Dave died will be maintained. It means Lois and Clark disappeared overnight in that timeline and left Christopher and Nate orphans! eek If each change is creating new timelines (instead of fixing their timeline) Lois and Clark will be living in a new timeline that isn't the one where they belong and there will be no Lois and Clark in their timeline. Isn't it? confused Does somebody understand what I'm babbling about? [Linked Image] Ugh... the room is spinning. My head hurts... [Linked Image] Time travel is a very confused subject. [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/gives Andreia a sympathetic hug/

Believe me - me/betas/others went though all of that. I hope that by the end of the fic, it's explained without causing too much head spinning/ache!

I understand completely what you're saying in the different scenarios, but I'm not about to say which is right wink .

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Talking from personal experience, I recommend giving head so much non-fic-stuff todo that it doesn't have the energy to heavily theorize about time-travel.

/spin free since huh /

Michael laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There were many strange coincidences taking place in OTOH. Suddenly we understand that all these unlikely things happened because younger Clark and Lois had experienced them and grown into older Clark and Lois, who then had to go back in time to coach and persuade their younger selves to act in such a way that they became the OTOH timeline version of older Lois and Clark!!!! shock eek shock eek shock

I keep thinking that in that 'wrong' timeline that they had to get rid of, Clark was very much in love with Lana, and Lois seemed so happy with Joe. It was sweet that she had a daughter too, besides Christopher. Who is to say that Lois and Clark would have been unhappier in the timeline where they married Joe and Lana instead of each other? This whole attempt to 'fix' the timeline reminds me of something I read in New York Times a while ago. Some psychologists had asked a number of people about some important choice that they were just about to make. Most of the respondents were quite unsure of what would be the best choice. Interestingly, however, once they had chosen one path and not another one, they soon felt very happy with their choice. Those who decided to move to another state were happy that they did. Those who decided to stay in their old neighbourhood were happy that they did. Those who decided to get another job or go on a date with one person instead of another one were happy that they did.... You get what I am saying. When people make a choice, they tend to tell themselves afterwards that they did the right thing, and that it all turned out for the best. So of course the OTOH Lois and Clark want their particular life back, even if they just possibly would have been just as happy in the timeline where they made another choice and got another life instead!

I've been thinking of another thing. When Van-El first turned up, he acted strangely and wouldn't talk to Clark for a while. Don't tell me... Van-El, too, is part of this whole 'setting the timeline right' business and he had to avoid Clark for a while so that something important could happen?

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Carol,
still reading just too busy to comment these days. It's kind of hard to keep up with your schedule. wink But I love the daily posts anyway! smile

Wow! So much has happenened. It is pretty tricky to go back in time to find the right events for the future to change in the way that Lois and Clark want it. I will never know how you manage to keep track of things! Poor young Lois. She will have to suffer a lot (again) but I do hope it is worth it! Must be tough being separated from your kids without knowing where they are or if they still exist.

I am glad that Lois and Clark are together in this. Would have been much more evil if only one had been sent to the other timeline/universe. Not to give you any ideas. <g>

Looking forward to seeing how you resolve this. Unfortunately, I will have to wait to read the last 7 parts until I am back from (another) vacation at the end of February... unless you are done by next Friday and wouldn't mind sharing early (again)? wave

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ Thanks guys!

Ann - I loved that part too wink . As I mentioned in the other FDK thread, I've thought about writing the story of this Lois/Joe/Clark/Lana/baby girl, etc. but don't know that I will. I know it would have a limited audience because there are many who don't even want Lois and Clark to go on a date with anyone else EVER even before they meet each other much less be married to each other. As for Lana in this timeline... /whistles/

Dandello - of course Tempus isn't going to win! He's silly to think he is. As for the one timeline with no Lois, it has a Clark so Superman could still be around [and presumably Van-El, too].

Sara - Yes he is smile . Hey, it's entirely possible it was for a story that never materialized smile . Or has yet to materialize. I've done that before - asked a question about a story that never materialized...

Michael - as for how things work out... RAFO wink .

Andreia - don't think about it too much or you'll just make your head hurt wink .

Ann - some of those were intentionally stuck in OTOH with this in mind wink . Some were not put in intentionally but taken advantage of smile . The choice thing reminds me of the potential for that Lois/Joe/baby girl story. No, Van-El has nothing to do with it. He really just needed some time [and I needed to keep him/Clark away from each other for a few days]. That's all.

Natascha - so glad you're still reading! I'm glad you like the daily posts! Even though there's more to come in this universe, that's going to end pretty soon wink . Well, in this series. Who knows which universe! The fic is basically done - edits here and there as I post but that's it so it's a possibility. And what's with all the vacations?!?! I wanna go!!! wink

More coming up!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
RAFO wink
I'm trying to. It's NOT my fault I have to read this in parts, now is it? help lol

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard