Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Wednesday, 10-noon ET

Chapter 23 Preview
"I guess we walk through?" I said tentatively.

"I guess so."

"Good luck," Martha told us.

"Be careful," Jonathan echoed.
Thanks smile .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So they can have their cake and eat it, too? Interesting... come to think of it, just what exactly was responsible for the "clerical error" that put them in the same room together? smile

Not that I'm reading this, 'cause I'm not. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I know you're not wink .

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe we could work this all out.
Oh, you silly optimist, Clark. wink

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun part, Carol! *yay*

I have to echo PJ on this. Looking back, the clerical error seems very coincidental. So, for now the working hypothesis is a BttF homage and LnC are their selves because they actually traveled time while Tempus fixed things and he also clad them their Dec25th clothing. Wonder though if he just shrugged about the stretchmarks or figured that they could actually make things more fun. Also, Lois is most definitely pregnant. Why? Simple: Tempus knows when she got pregnant and it would be more fun to screw up her life when she's pregnant than when she just got married again. Otherwise, taking them before their wedding night would have been funnier since they had their no-sex pact. Or maybe not. Carol, I'm now back to thinking in circles and my head starts to hurt. Just about the only conclusion I have is that you didn't switch them because that's been done before and is probably too similar to No Place Like Home and you're a BttF fan.

thud Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
You know, Lois demanding food (from China, no less) does sound like early cravings to me...

Why, oh why does Martha's theory sound familiar? wink *shrugs*

Anyway, loved your writing. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have a wonderful life and I want it back but I don't want to cause the accident to make that happen. I want to do the 'Back to the Future' thing where it's the same but better."
I guess that's what called having your cake and eating it, like Pam said. Wouldn't we all want that? Our lives are the same but better?

This is sure a horrible situation:

"So if we end up stuck here," Clark said, "I could end up with two pregnant wives and I don't even begin to know how to deal with that."
eek eek eek

Pam drew attention to another important point. Who caused the unlikely clerical error that made Clark and Lois roommates in the first place? You'd almost think that the timeline that we have been following in OTOH (and UP) has been set up by someone. But who would do such a thing? And why?

(Naaahh... I think it all started with Ellen's accident. If she hadn't died, Sam wouldn't have turned to Mindy for company, and Lois wouldn't have lived on campus. Unless it all started with Ellen's decision to give up Dave?)

Looking forward to the answers!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Logically, I don't think it's likely that Lois is pregnaut. Usually a it takes a while for a couple that WANTS to have kids to conceive. (as oppossed to by accident.)

Add to that, and she has been taking birth control pills for a few months. Birth control hormones don't always disappear from your system when you finish taking them. (Of course, that depends on the woman. There are also women who get pregnaut WHILE they are taking birth control.)

But for the dramatic purpose of the story, I bet she is pregnuat. It makes their problem bigger (and Tempus would have more fun with it, as someone else said.)

I'm glad Lana isn't pregnuat (or doesn't seem to be.) First of all, as Lois thought in the story, Clark would have a much harder time leaving this reality, and even if he does, he would have a harder time staying away from her.
And I have to admit, even though I don't think Lana is evil or anything, having Lana pregnaut with Clark's baby is a bit of an "ewww" factor for me.

I find it interesting that Clark has an easier time resisting Lois right now than he did resisting Lana right after he and Lois got married in "On the Other Hand." Yes, he kissed her pretty intensely in the basement, but that's it. And he doesn't seem to have the problem he had with Lana about "I don't trust myself to be alone with you - "I'll end up violating my vows."

Why is that?
I think part of the reason is that Clark has grown up quite a bit since then. He's more in control of himself and his emotions, and his definition of what's right.

I also think part of it is the circumstances are different. Lois and Clark HATE not beeing married and not seeing their kids. But they have hope, at least, that they can fix the problem soon.
Clark and Lana had no hope for fixing their relationship anytime soon in "On the Other Hand."

But I wonder if his emotions/love for Lois and Lana being different play a role as well.
He's very interested in making love to Lois right now. But the reasons why he is interested is because he has unconditional love for her.
In other words, he loves making love to Lois because he loves her. Not he loves Lois because he loves making love to her. (or kissing her, etc.) Their relationship is NOT RULED BY PASSION. It is deeper than that.

Clark and Lana did have real love at one time. He had reasons why he loved her besides "she feels good and she's pretty." - Check the (Other Hand thread in the 70's I believe, for details about why loved her.) Short reasons include: She was good with kids, she was smart (she had won a scholarship), she was his best friend for as long as he could remember.

BUT - it was also immature and not unconditional. So, in some ways, it was ruled by passion. One of the main reasons why Clark loved Lana was "she makes me feel good."

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Hey guys!

Pam - I knew you weren't reading wink .

JD - isn't he such an optimist though?

Michael - /whistles and ignores the rest/

Lara - Thanks smile .

Ann - I know I'd like it if my mom was still around... I still miss her... a lot sometimes. Yeah - two Clark fathered pregnancies would be /head spins/, wouldn't it? /whistles again and ignores the rest/

Sara - as for whether she's pregnant or not, there's a lot of variables as to how long it might take for her to be able to get pregnant - the type of pill she was on, if she ovulates again right away, if they have sex at the appropriate time during her cycle, etc. I was one of the ones who had no problems whatsoever getting pregnant again pretty well right away... I think you're right - he's more grown up, but also he's in love with Lois but she knows the whole story and all of that where Lana just knew he'd suddenly up and married another girl who might or might not be having his baby. And even right after they got married, he knew it was wrong to be kissing Lana. They are also hoping this is only a day or two tops. I think if Lana had really pushed things, he might have slept with her years ago and I think the same thing with Lois now - especially given how well he knows her by now, how he knows how much he loves making love with her instead of just the theory with Lana - and if she really wanted to, Lois probably knows just what to do to get him to. I think they'd both be a bit upset or whatever afterwards or at least conflicted though. I think you're right too about the different kinds of love between Clana/Clois.

Anyway - off to post!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard