Logically, I don't think it's likely that Lois is pregnaut. Usually a it takes a while for a couple that WANTS to have kids to conceive. (as oppossed to by accident.)

Add to that, and she has been taking birth control pills for a few months. Birth control hormones don't always disappear from your system when you finish taking them. (Of course, that depends on the woman. There are also women who get pregnaut WHILE they are taking birth control.)

But for the dramatic purpose of the story, I bet she is pregnuat. It makes their problem bigger (and Tempus would have more fun with it, as someone else said.)

I'm glad Lana isn't pregnuat (or doesn't seem to be.) First of all, as Lois thought in the story, Clark would have a much harder time leaving this reality, and even if he does, he would have a harder time staying away from her.
And I have to admit, even though I don't think Lana is evil or anything, having Lana pregnaut with Clark's baby is a bit of an "ewww" factor for me.

I find it interesting that Clark has an easier time resisting Lois right now than he did resisting Lana right after he and Lois got married in "On the Other Hand." Yes, he kissed her pretty intensely in the basement, but that's it. And he doesn't seem to have the problem he had with Lana about "I don't trust myself to be alone with you - "I'll end up violating my vows."

Why is that?
I think part of the reason is that Clark has grown up quite a bit since then. He's more in control of himself and his emotions, and his definition of what's right.

I also think part of it is the circumstances are different. Lois and Clark HATE not beeing married and not seeing their kids. But they have hope, at least, that they can fix the problem soon.
Clark and Lana had no hope for fixing their relationship anytime soon in "On the Other Hand."

But I wonder if his emotions/love for Lois and Lana being different play a role as well.
He's very interested in making love to Lois right now. But the reasons why he is interested is because he has unconditional love for her.
In other words, he loves making love to Lois because he loves her. Not he loves Lois because he loves making love to her. (or kissing her, etc.) Their relationship is NOT RULED BY PASSION. It is deeper than that.

Clark and Lana did have real love at one time. He had reasons why he loved her besides "she feels good and she's pretty." - Check the (Other Hand thread in the 70's I believe, for details about why loved her.) Short reasons include: She was good with kids, she was smart (she had won a scholarship), she was his best friend for as long as he could remember.

BUT - it was also immature and not unconditional. So, in some ways, it was ruled by passion. One of the main reasons why Clark loved Lana was "she makes me feel good."