Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#60321 01/26/09 03:39 PM
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I adore this tale. i was thrilled to see a new update tonight. I don't know who I feel worse for which Lois or the Clark who knows how wonderful their life is.

#60322 01/26/09 03:44 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
you're not supposed to make me cry when DH is home...

Loving it!

More soon!

Carol

#60323 01/26/09 03:53 PM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very nice chapter, I like how we're splitting time between, well, the two times.

If she said anything else in her sleep, he wanted to be sure he caught it.
Loved that line...

But the second half was so sad, =( However....

How was she supposed to wear any of this stuff when it was entirely possible that Clark had, at some point, taken it off of her?
*snicker*

Sara "Lieta"
#60324 01/26/09 04:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad you're not going to have them sleep together just because "they're still with A Lois/Clark.

It may be tempting for the married party, but it wouldn't be something the unmarried party would be comfortable with.
Furthermore, like I said before, Clark is not the same Clark that he was before he was married. And Lois isn't the same Lois before she was married either.
In many ways, we've got an Alt-Clark with canon Lois and Alt-Lois with canon Clark here. (Only they're both canon, so it's more confusing.)
But married Lois is still in love with MARRIED Clark, not the Clark she was dating a few years ago.
And married Clark is love with MARRIED Lois, not the Lois he was dating a few years ago.

P.S. - I wonder if Clark is going to cach the "Utopia issue" about the kids.
(1)"Tempus likes to mess us up so our kids won't create Utopia."
(2)"We can't have kids."

???????????????????????

(Of course, I tend to believe that the issue will be a little tougher than "Lois got pregnaut and Dr. Klien was wrong!" But it's certainly a clue that they WILL solve their fertility problems)

EDIT: Oh, and I don't mean to burst your bubble or be rude or anything, but I don't think I'm the Sara you think I am. I've only been around for about six months. Hope you appreciate the FDK, anyway. Still loving the time travel.

#60325 01/26/09 04:29 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Loved it. very powerful chapter. In my mind you have opened up a lot of possibilites for this story to go

robinson
#60326 01/26/09 04:38 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
I think im gonna cry now - and it's all your fault. hurrumph. ok, ready for more now? love the story - thanks for the quick posts!

#60327 01/26/09 04:58 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Have no time!!! Maybe I'll come back later...

But I loved how you made future!Lois so teasing and playful and relaxed around past!Clark - because surely she wasn't teasing him when she sounded half-asleep and asked if he was home and told him she was too tired to make love??? - and how past!Lois was so skittish and tense around past!Clark. (By the way, that thing you said about 'Flois' in the feedback - surely that had to refer to future!Lois? But if future!Lois is Flois, then surely past!Lois must be Plois? You know, that reminds me of 'floozy' and 'police', as if we were talking about Lois's id and superego here!)

[Linked Image]

Superego Lois (Police Lois) - don't come too close?

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2749068285_78ef9c60f4.jpg?v=0[/img]

Id Lois (Floozy Lois) - come to my red wig and take it off? (And how about that skirt?)

As I said, I loved how Flois teased Pclark, putting her hand on his thigh, smiling at him when he was dressed as Superman and making him all uncomfortable, etcetera. I loved how you brought out how it was Clark who was playacting, with his 'Superman stiffness' in front of her. Say what you will about Lois, but she wasn't playacting around Clark/Superman.

Fclark had to admit to Lois that he was Superman, but then he kept deflecting her questions, making her even more uncomfortable. He is still stuck in his belief that the best way to make Lois love him is to lie to her. Or at least, he believes that nothing is a greater threat to his future with Lois than the truth, particularly if it is Lois who knows it.

But I loved how you ended both segments of this part with Clark listening to and looking at Lois while she sleeps, or while she prepares to sleep. And all he can think of is her. He may be a lying lunkhead, but his love for her is so desperately genuine.

Ann

#60328 01/26/09 11:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwwww... Poor Lois and Clark and Lois and Clark. mecry But you can make it better posting the next part today. laugh What do you think? [Linked Image]
Please? [Linked Image] Pretty please? [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#60329 01/27/09 05:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful. In a sad way. FClark was breaking my heart there at the end -- he's got this conviction that Lois is too good for him, or that he doesn't deserve her, or that she wouldn't really want him if... etc. Marriage has done a lot to wipe that out, but here it came roaring back. Still with all that, he doesn't even think of trying to persuade her; it's all her choice. He takes that attitude to unhealthy extremes, at times, but it really is admirable -- he loves Lois so much he wants *her* to be happy even if her choice makes him miserable.

However, I want them both happy, so get to work, Sue! You haven't posted since yesterday!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#60330 01/27/09 05:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Please, he thought, don't let me know the difference.
OMG, so heart wrenching! Entropy is winning! Keep the story coming fast.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#60331 01/27/09 06:06 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Oh dear! I felt so sorry for Clark here. And poor Lois, however I suspect that she'll bounce back with her usual flair. This story is so full of potential for comedy as well as tragedy, and I expect to see both as we go on.

I do sympathize with HG Wells' wish to do something about Luthor, but he really should have learned his lesson the first time he messed with Time. Wasn't Tempus enough of a disaster?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#60332 01/27/09 06:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh so sad! Poor Clark misses his wife and is afraid to lose her! And Clark who hasn't got a clue is confused and wondering why... Lois is starting to look at her husband of the future with interest. I like that idea. Where will that lead? How can they resist each other? I am sure you will weave all these elements together in a really wonderful and spicy way. Can't wait! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#60333 01/27/09 07:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, so 1998 is really putting the M in melancholy...

Maybe that's why," he said softly. "Maybe you're here so that you don't marry me; so that you can have children with someone else."

"What?" Lois asked, feeling strangely saddened as that picture of her and Clark at their wedding flashed in her mind. She was never going to have that.
And then, if that's not enough:

Please, he thought, don't let me know the difference.
Get, real guys! If you can time travel, you can fix this. Have a bite of a reality sandwich. I find it interesting that Future Lois is totally cool with the time jump, and Future Clark is what, mentally packing up his life for the dumpster already? Get a grip, boy.

Great part,
JD

And completely unrelated, are you kidding, after two and a half years of living alone, you'll never go back to having roommates. goofy But I do need to move if I expect to rejoin the real world, instead of you know, making websites all day in my PJs.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#60334 01/27/09 09:48 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sue, it's so great to see that tons of FDK causes daily posts laugh hyper wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#60335 01/27/09 12:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is thanks for response to my question in the feedback to part 2. (What were the eight times that Lois flew with Superman?)

Just for you, here's my reckoning of their eight flights (the series up to "The Phoenix"):

1) "Pilot" - Clark flies her back from EPRAD
2) "Strange Visitor" - Lois gets tossed out of the plane
3) "Witness" - To and around the roof when Sebastian Finn is after Lois
4) "Vatman" - I'm assuming that Clark brought her back from where the clone took her
5) "Fly Hard" - Clark catches her after she was tossed off the Planet building
6) "Church of Metropolis" - Okay, it was technically a dance, but he did it flying
7) "Operation Blackout" - Lois was pushed out her window and Clark finds her clinging to the flagpole
8) "The Eyes Have It" - Clark flies her home even though he's blind.
Thanks!

Also, part 3 is excellent (as usual) in a melancholy way. I look forward to you untangling the threads.

#60336 01/27/09 03:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ahhhhh - it's so good to come home from a long and hectic day and find FDK. smile

cp33 - I feel sorry for both of them - the Lois and Clark who know what they're missing. <sniffle>

Carol - I swear, I'm not trying to make you (or anyone else) cry. I just enjoy torturing Clark on occasion. laugh

Lieta - Thank you (yet again!) for laughing at the right parts. Hee!

Sara - You know, it took me a day or two, but it sort of dawned on me that you might not be the same Sara. By then, though, it was kinda too late to go back and change my post. blush I'm delighted that you're reading, no matter how addled my brain gets. smile

You do bring up an interesting point:
But married Lois is still in love with MARRIED Clark, not the Clark she was dating a few years ago.
And married Clark is love with MARRIED Lois, not the Lois he was dating a few years ago.

All that is true, BUT they weren't married when they first fell in love. Their love has certainly grown and deepened, but it was always there. Give me a few more parts and I'll elaborate. wink

And, no, this isn't a "Dr. Klein was wrong" story and neither version of Lois is going to end up pregnant.

Robinson - New reader! Yay! Thanks for replying!

sarahg - No tears! Not until the end, anyway. Oh, wait. Uh… No, no tears at all. <g>

Ann - Yes, Flois is relaxed and somewhat playful around Clark, but she definitely wasn't deliberately teasing him when she touched his knee. It was a completely unconscious gesture, one that she stopped as soon as she caught herself. Her sleepy "are you home now" was entirely because she wasn't fully aware of the circumstances.

I have to take exception to this: He is still stuck in his belief that the best way to make Lois love him is to lie to her. Or at least, he believes that nothing is a greater threat to his future with Lois than the truth, particularly if it is Lois who knows it.

Not true! Clark isn't lying to Lois to try and make her love him. He's evading her questions because he honestly believes that he/they shouldn't jeopardize the future by changing the past. If PastClark were the one he was talking to, he'd still evade all questions! It's my belief that Clark is always the more cautious and idiotically self-sacrificing (especially when he can't see that it's actually both their happiness that he's sacrificing) of the two. For example, his "break up" with Lois or his early avoidance of telling her his secret when he believed she wanted to marry Lex.

I'll break the seal of the author's confessional enough to hint that maybe there are things about all four of them (past and future Lois/past and future Clark) that need to be discovered by all four of them. There's a darn good reason (or two) why HG Wells picked this time and place for the swap (on both ends).

You were absolutely right that Clark's love for Lois (no matter which one he's confronted with) is "desperately genuine". Actually, that goes double for Lois - she just might not realize it yet. wink

Andreia - You always find the funnest little gifs for your posts (I still giggle about the seal). I'm not trying to make you sad, I promise. Things will pick up!

Pam - You said: he doesn't even think of trying to persuade her; it's all her choice. He takes that attitude to unhealthy extremes, at times, but it really is admirable -- he loves Lois so much he wants *her* to be happy even if her choice makes him miserable. Yes! Yes! I'm glad that someone else sees his character the same way! <high five!>

Artemis - Ha! I promise, entropy doesn’t win. <g>

Nan! - Now I have Nan reading, too! <woot!> You are correct - Lois will bounce back with her usual flair. You're right again that Wells should have learned his lesson about tweaking time after Tempus. However, maybe that's why no one got an explanation? <heh> If Tempus doesn't notice, did they really get switched and/or did anything change? <double heh>

Laurach - Lois is looking at her future husband with interest. As for whether they can resist each other -- well, geez, it's Superman. Surely he can resist? <g>

Jen - LOL! Get, real guys! If you can time travel, you can fix this. Have a bite of a reality sandwich. Yeah, we'll be serving sandwiches in the rear of the compartment shortly. On a different topic - what kind of websites are you designing in what kind of pajamas? laugh

Michael - Oh, PastClark is definitely going to wonder about this altered Lois, but he doesn't know yet about time travel, so he can't come up with a good explanation. Personally, I think it's kind of fun for Lois to be the one with the secret while he's clueless. <vbg>

Iolan - Threads will (eventually) be untangled. There's still seven parts to go. We can't solve it all in one part. Well, I could, but I'd be leaving out all the little scenarios that I wanted so desperately to write.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has replied. You guys rock my world! smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#60337 01/28/09 10:00 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Sue

"A date?" The corners of his mouth twitched in an almost-smile.

"Jealous?" she teased.
Lois is so evil smile but she should stop talking while she sleeps laugh

And thanks for sending Clark to me but I sent him back after a few hours he wanted back to you in case you need him as an inspiration laugh

Kathryn
#60338 01/28/09 10:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, PastClark is definitely going to wonder about this altered Lois, but he doesn't know yet about time travel, so he can't come up with a good explanation.
Looking forward to it wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#60339 01/31/09 03:58 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I just started reading this one today. I read all three parts and then dumped major spoilers on James over supper. (He never minds spoilers, and I like to talk a lot. We're a great couple that way.) I wouldn't be surprised if he starts reading tomorrow.

One of my favorite tidbits was Clark's concern for Lois when she realized that her clothes and hair had changed and her jacket was missing when she came back from her encounter with Lex. I love it when he's protective, especially when he's not lunkheaded about it.

Elisabeth

#60340 02/02/09 07:35 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What? No part 4 yet? Sue must be upping the feedback requirement. wink

"Yes. Lex is obsessed with killing Superman. He's never going to stop trying." Lois looked away, shuddering as she remembered just how close Lex had come to destroying Clark with his quantum disruptor. What if changing the past now made it so that Clark actually died in another year when Lex struck next? Lois pushed away that unpleasant thought.
eek Please don't let this be foreshadowing, please don't let this be foreshadowing, please don't...

I loved the interaction between the two pairs, especially Plark's reaction to a sleepy Flois. Now that Plark knows what Lois dreams about, he doesn't want to miss a word. rotflol

Please come back soon with part 4.
Brenda

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard