OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile

Next scheduled post:
Sunday, 10-noon ET

Chapter 20 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

We made it into the kitchen and Mom just stopped and looked at me.

"What?" I asked, hoping I didn't know what.

"What's going on?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, getting the stuff out for hot chocolate.

"Something's off here today and I want to know what it is."
Thanks smile .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice. eek Fun. dizzy

Can't wait to find out if Lois is pregnant. Boy, this could get real fun if things last longer in this verse...

Something else I've been thinking about:
What if it was Clark (either our Clark or the alt-Clark) who tried to date-x Lois? Not go through with it, but in an attempt to change history, or preserve history or what not?

Michael

Edit: Um... Carol, you wouldn't have, would you?
We danced for three or four songs and then headed back to our table where a piece of chocolate cake waited.

Clark held my chair and then sat down across from me before cutting a small bite of cake off and holding it out to me.

It was delicious. Almost as good as Clark's cake.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This chapter was really good... and... it was like stretching a rubber band harder and harder, and waiting for it to snap. And knowing that it mustn't snap. It was torture, you know!

But Ellen and Lucy are alive. I didn't comment on it last time, because I was in shock, but I just totally completely loved how Lois rested her head on her Mom's shoulder. No, Carol. You can't kill Ellen all over again.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So many different possiblities for this story.

(1)They will try to find a way to change the past to keep Ellen, Lucy, and Dave alive but they're still married. (This, as I said before, was mentioned in an FDK related thread once before.) But - will that work?

(2)They will stay in this reality, and hence keep them alive. Clark will divorce Lana and Lois will break up with Joe. I don't like this senarial. It breaks Lana's heart all over again, only this time it's much worse because they ARE MARRIED. (Plus, there is the whole "divorce should not really be an option in a good marriage" issue, but these are extreme circumstances so...)
Plus - This option may get Lois and Clark back together (which is particularly important if she IS PREGNUAT.) But it doesn't give them Chirstopher and Nate back. They will have other kids but not the kids they remember. I don't see how ANY parent could be willing to replace their kids.

BUT - I wonder if this is goingt to be the only option for some reason. Carol had also asked about divorce/remarriage laws a while back. Everyone assumed she was talking about a divorce between Lois and Clark in "On the Other Hand", but she obviously wasn't. So she could have been talking about a divorce between Clark and Lana in this story. (I think some people may have a different reaction about the divorce if that's the case than they did in that thread!)

(3)They could push the button, like Tempus basically dared them to, that sends them back to their regular reality. This would be VERY hard on their relationship, because they would be killing Ellen, Lucy, and Dave all over again. They want to avoid that. (Hence their first idea is going to be the first option.)
But - when push comes to shove, people generally choose their spouse and children above all else. THEY are the ones you love the most, and ulitimately, the ones it hurts MOST to lose.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh come on! There must be another universe out there with a Lois and Clark now watching two little kids and missing Lana and Joe. They can just switch back! Right?? That way nobody will have to be killed off (again). Yes, it will be hell for Lois to leave her mother and sister and half-brother again but at tleast she will know they are well and happy. And maybe it will be a relief for her to have seen/met them.

That would be the easiest way out! I want them to go back home!!! smile Now that they finally know what they really want. And this experience has just reinforced that.

I am proud of Lois anc Clark for keeping up appearances. It must have been overwhelming for Lois to meet her dead mother...

Only 20 parts left. That's not a lot but too many to leave this universe just yet, am I right?

Natascha

PS. Not sure about this whole trying to get pregnant thing again. But it makes sense now that they are at a totally different place with each other and the whole trying to balance work and family worked out well in the past...

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
More FDK later...

But Michael - I'm not following...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Trying not to eat my hand off. I could be fingerless by the end of this story, and Michael...tainted cake that sent them back in time? I love it.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL! Is that what you were insinuating, Michael?! Tainted cake?

No, there was nothing nefarious in the cake. The cake is innocent [just not as good as Clark's].

There was another clue in the date though. Michael knew there was a time window involved and I'd told him there was a hint in the date, but he never picked up on it. Anyone else? I know it's mentioned again at some point, but that may not be for a while...

Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Date, hmmm.... Christmas Carol type thing? Tempus is the ghost of Christmas... might have beens?

Sara "Lieta"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Er, the date they went on that did not include chocolate covered strawberries in front of the fire... That was *after* the date...

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
lol, I like my idea though =P

Sara "Lieta"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL! I may have to work that in somewhere!

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
LOL! Is that what you were insinuating, Michael?! Tainted cake?

No, there was nothing nefarious in the cake. The cake is innocent [just not as good as Clark's].
Not tainted cake. Just a Clark serving his cake to Lois while the Clark from present tense was dancing with her laugh
There was another clue in the date though. Michael knew there was a time window involved and I'd told him there was a hint in the date, but he never picked up on it. Anyone else? I know it's mentioned again at some point, but that may not be for a while...
Okay, since that wasn't it and you also nixed the Lois seeing a Clark in the house before present tense Clark met her downstairs, I'm fresh out of ideas huh

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks so much for the FDK guys smile .

More coming soon!

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been reading this story over again tonight, and this really struck me. I don't know why I didn't notice it before. Maybe I was still to hung up on "time travel"! (That's a good thing, by the way. Like I've said before, I love time travel stories.)

Anyway
"I was just telling Clark that I figured you'd sleep in this morning. There's no little kids around to wake us all up. We'll save the early bird stuff for when the grandkids are big." She put an arm around Lois, handing her the cup of coffee. Lois rested her head on her mom's shoulder and closed her eyes.
This section is written from Clark's POV, so we don't really see Lois's thoughts on it. But I can't imagaine how much that sentence affected her.

We have Ellen talking causally, whom Lois has missed in her life for TWELVE YEARS! But Ellen is also causally talking about how they DON'T have young kids in the house.
This is a painful reminder for Lois that Christopher and Nate are NOT HERE. How much she was probably looking foward to spending Christmas with her sons as well as Clark.

At the same time, you can also hear how much Ellen is looking foward to having grandchildren in this reality. Which, in the reality that Christopher and Nate are in, she never got to see.

How painful/heartbreaking must that comment have been for Lois? And she had to pretend it was just the causal comment Ellen meant it to be. Lois's inner strength is really coming out right now.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard