So many different possiblities for this story.

(1)They will try to find a way to change the past to keep Ellen, Lucy, and Dave alive but they're still married. (This, as I said before, was mentioned in an FDK related thread once before.) But - will that work?

(2)They will stay in this reality, and hence keep them alive. Clark will divorce Lana and Lois will break up with Joe. I don't like this senarial. It breaks Lana's heart all over again, only this time it's much worse because they ARE MARRIED. (Plus, there is the whole "divorce should not really be an option in a good marriage" issue, but these are extreme circumstances so...)
Plus - This option may get Lois and Clark back together (which is particularly important if she IS PREGNUAT.) But it doesn't give them Chirstopher and Nate back. They will have other kids but not the kids they remember. I don't see how ANY parent could be willing to replace their kids.

BUT - I wonder if this is goingt to be the only option for some reason. Carol had also asked about divorce/remarriage laws a while back. Everyone assumed she was talking about a divorce between Lois and Clark in "On the Other Hand", but she obviously wasn't. So she could have been talking about a divorce between Clark and Lana in this story. (I think some people may have a different reaction about the divorce if that's the case than they did in that thread!)

(3)They could push the button, like Tempus basically dared them to, that sends them back to their regular reality. This would be VERY hard on their relationship, because they would be killing Ellen, Lucy, and Dave all over again. They want to avoid that. (Hence their first idea is going to be the first option.)
But - when push comes to shove, people generally choose their spouse and children above all else. THEY are the ones you love the most, and ulitimately, the ones it hurts MOST to lose.