OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Wednesday, 10-noon ET [probably, may be 4ish]

Chapter 16 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

"Why am I nervous?" she whispered. "It's not like we've never done this before."

I smiled at her and rested my hand on the side of her face, my thumb rubbing over her cheekbone. "It feels a bit different, doesn't it? I mean it's not like we're any more married than we were two weeks ago." We hadn't slept much that night, having agreed to that no-sex pact for the remainder of our 'engagement'.

"I know," she said, fingering one of the buttons on my shirt. "I guess it still doesn’t seem really real. Or something. I feel like I'm waiting for a shoe to drop. Not *another* shoe, because I don't know what the first shoe would have been, but..."
Thanks smile .
Carol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oh thank goodness! love weddings!

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I loved the ceremony and yay Bernie!

I can't wait for more, and for what the 'shoe' in you preview might be =P

Sara "Lieta"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Somebody should let Clark know that the professionals don't start to worry too much unless the kid isn't walking at 24 months.

And then there was mine - two steps at 16 months for great-grandma, two steps for the doctor at 18 months and then refused to take another step until 24 months.

He's in grad school now. clap

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Kerth
Kerth
Carol, I sure loved the wedding scene, too. Especially the song at the end. You know, the one and only wedding I ever attended really did end with this song... But then, it started with this strange march from STAR WARS (instead of the wedding march), so it sure was a strange wedding.

About the pic you put in with your story: Yes, your son is handsome. And your daughter, wow, she really is beautiful. (Better get a stick ready to pry the boys off of her in a few years...)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ Here's to an easier day... not holding my breath though...

Sarah - me too smile .

Lieta - I was glad they got married too smile .

Dandello - you are correct of course. My son isn't walking yet either [Nate is based on him in many ways] and they're not concerned yet - in large part because he spent six months just surviving and then he increased his weight by over 50% in 4 months [he gained just over 7lbs in a year, then 8lbs in 4 months] and his body is still adjusting, though his growth has slowed way down now. He has started walking more holding fingers this week, but he refuses to let go of anything and stand at the same time...

Lara - I had some friends do that when I was in high school and thought it was fun. We're already starting to watch out for our 7yo wink . She's already 'engaged' to a boy she rides the bus with. He really is sweet and they're going to get married when they're 21 - after they go on their first date... I worry about my 5yo too. That little one [she's 3.5]... She'll beat 'em off herself wink . She can be so sweet, but you don't mess with her. She's the youngest in her preschool class [and smallest by half it seems] but she's the only one [including the teacher] that a couple of the really big boys [they're *five*] listens to.

Thanks everyone! More coming soon!

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, Carol. I'm a little late for FDK on this one, but I wasn't feeling well last night, so...

Anyway, I loved the wedding. Christopher as the ring bearer was adorable. (And your DS is adorable in the suit, too.)
I loved how Clark felt he needed Lois to fix his tie. I'm glad Lana was a bridesmaid.

I'm glad Lois and Joe had some closure as well, although they obviously didn't need as much as Clark and Lana did.

A few MINOR nicpics, though.

(1)
He turned to his fiancée. "Ashley, I don't want to wait any more." He took her hands in his. "Marry me. Here tonight."

"Uh, son," Perry said. "Do you have a license?"
I liked that Bernie wanted to marry Ashley right now, don't get me wrong.
My issue is that I don't think Perry would really know Bernie enough to call him "son."
Obviously, he is younger than Perry, and he probably realizes he's related to Clark.

But my impression is that Perry referrs to people as "son" when he knows them well enough to consider them sons. Perry didn't refer to canon Clark as "son" until at least the second season, if not the third.

Obviously, this is your story, though, so maybe you have a different impression of Perry and/or his relationship with Bernie than I do.

(2)
No," I whispered, playing with one of the buttons on his shirt. "It's not official until I get to take this off of you. I've never gotten to *really* do that, you know. "

I'd taken a tux off of him one time, but that was a night we'd rather not remember. That was the night his beloved grandfather – the first father he'd really known – had died of a massive heart attack. He'd been in shock, unable to even get ready for bed, so I'd had to help him. He'd fallen asleep in my arms, crying.
This is sweet, but it's not accurate. In the end of "On the Other Hand", (when they were in the cabin) you mentioned Clark was wearing a tux, and Lois was looking foward to "taking it off him for real."
Was this written before you changed the ending?

Not that it REALLY matters, but it would make the story/stories sound more together.

Again, I really did like this chapter.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
You're probably right about Perry. I tend to write him calling Clark and Jimmy son... He does at least sort of know Bernie though - at least as the doc from Star Labs.

Yes, it was written before the end of OTOH and I did think about that, but at the very end Clark spun into his black boxers/shirt like from the show - the whole didn't spill a drop thing. Lois complained she didn't get to take it off of him.

And thank you - he's a doll isn't he wink ?

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So didn't see the 2nd wedding coming clap An awfully sweet part smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard