C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Tuesday, either before 9am ET or after 4pm ET.

Chapter 15 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as the wedding march started and the crowd stood.

A minute later, I saw her.
Thanks smile .

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked this chapter a lot!

I really liked Clark's conversation with Chad, and I liked Lois's conversation with Lana even better. I'm glad you've made Lana come out as a good person. I was very glad that Lois thanked Lana for saving Christopher, and for pushing Clark in the right direction, toward Lois. Lana didn't have to do that, just like Lois pointed out - she could have tried to drive a wedge deeper between Lois and Clark instead, just out of spite.

I was very happy that Lois and Clark invited Lana and Chad to their new wedding! I very much hope that Lana and Chad will come. I'm glad that Lana asked Lois and Clark to come to her and Chad's wedding, too.

Also, I'm glad that Lois confessed to Lana how isolated and lonely she has been. Like I've said before, I would love to see Lois have at least one good female friend. I realize that Ashley is the obvious candidate, but as you know I won't be too happy to see a lot of Ashley, since that almost inevitably means we will see a lot of Van at the same time. (But even I realize that Ashley would indeed be the perfect friend for Lois...)

Anyway, great chapter! clap

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Glad you liked it Ann [more later wink ]

Did edit to include pics of my son from last fall. Wish I could find the camera or one of him from 'the wedding' is going to be hard to upload wink .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute. Really cute. And so nice about the talk with Chad and Lana clap

So, are you going to have Bernie take off during the wedding? spider Or is Lois going to vanish, given how you stopped at this point?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked this chapter. I really liked the way Clark ironed out the difference in his relationship with Lana to his relationship with Lois.

I particularly liked this.

"Listen, you and Lana are much better together than she and I were. Could we have made it work for a lifetime? Probably. We loved each other. Does that mean that you and her aren't *better* for each other? Not at all. I think Lois and I are better for each other than Lana and I were. Lana's a wonderful person and she's going to make a great wife and a great mom and she's already a great teacher. She's lucky to have you and you're lucky to have her."
I think a lot of people belittle Clark's feelings for Lana in this story because we wanted to see him fall in love with Lois. (Of course, I did, as well.)
But Lana and Clark REALLY loved each other back at the beginning, and they could have made it work for a life time if they tried hard enough.
Of course, the feelings they had were more "first love" rather than "real love." (Which is what he has for Lois now.) But that's not to say Clark and Lana had couldn't have DEVELOPTED into real love if they had given it time.

On the Other Hand smile , first love doesn't ALWAYS develop into real love. And that's one reason why young couples are encouraged to wait if they want to get married at 18/19. They should let that relationship delelop into REAL LOVE before they get married. That's probably the main reason why Martha and Jonathan didn't really approve of Clark's plans to marry Lana. It's not that they didn't like her, it's that they knew he was too young to realize his feelings hadn't matured yet.

BUT -
Like Clark said here as well, he and Lois are still a better match for each other than he and Lana ever were. And since they didn't KNOW Lois could be pregnaut with Clark's child back then, what would have happened if Christopher developed superpowers? (Not that he necessarily will, but most people assume Clark's children will have his powers.) And Lana and Chad are a better match as well. Things worked out for the best.

I'm glad that Clark and Lois are planning on going to Lana and Chad's wedding. And I do hope Lana will be a bridesmaid. Like I've said before, I can really see how much they've all grown up since the beginning.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
NO time this AM...

back this afternoon...

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
am currently going through carol withdrawal....

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - I'm here... wink .

Was one of those days.

Will explain in the other thread.

For now, here, thanks smile . Ann - thought you especially would like that chapter...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard