I liked this chapter. I really liked the way Clark ironed out the difference in his relationship with Lana to his relationship with Lois.

I particularly liked this.

"Listen, you and Lana are much better together than she and I were. Could we have made it work for a lifetime? Probably. We loved each other. Does that mean that you and her aren't *better* for each other? Not at all. I think Lois and I are better for each other than Lana and I were. Lana's a wonderful person and she's going to make a great wife and a great mom and she's already a great teacher. She's lucky to have you and you're lucky to have her."
I think a lot of people belittle Clark's feelings for Lana in this story because we wanted to see him fall in love with Lois. (Of course, I did, as well.)
But Lana and Clark REALLY loved each other back at the beginning, and they could have made it work for a life time if they tried hard enough.
Of course, the feelings they had were more "first love" rather than "real love." (Which is what he has for Lois now.) But that's not to say Clark and Lana had couldn't have DEVELOPTED into real love if they had given it time.

On the Other Hand smile , first love doesn't ALWAYS develop into real love. And that's one reason why young couples are encouraged to wait if they want to get married at 18/19. They should let that relationship delelop into REAL LOVE before they get married. That's probably the main reason why Martha and Jonathan didn't really approve of Clark's plans to marry Lana. It's not that they didn't like her, it's that they knew he was too young to realize his feelings hadn't matured yet.

BUT -
Like Clark said here as well, he and Lois are still a better match for each other than he and Lana ever were. And since they didn't KNOW Lois could be pregnaut with Clark's child back then, what would have happened if Christopher developed superpowers? (Not that he necessarily will, but most people assume Clark's children will have his powers.) And Lana and Chad are a better match as well. Things worked out for the best.

I'm glad that Clark and Lois are planning on going to Lana and Chad's wedding. And I do hope Lana will be a bridesmaid. Like I've said before, I can really see how much they've all grown up since the beginning.