Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#5990 09/06/03 11:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Absolutely amazing. I'm speechless notworthy

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
#5991 09/06/03 04:37 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow that was wonderful. Great Job.
Melisa

#5992 09/06/03 05:01 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great conclusion to a great trilogy, CC. The way Lois was testing Clark is very reminiscent of the movie, Superman II, when Lois throws herself in the river, absolutely certain Clark will turn into Superman to save her. I can absolutely see Lois throwing herself in a shark tank just to see what Clark will do. smile Fortunately, she didn't have to.

I like the way Clark tries to drop hints, but is too scared to come right out and say, "I am Superman." But as it turns out, he didn't need to for her to find out.

My favorite part is when Lois says that she believes whatever he tells her is true. Until he says he's Superman, she tells him that she still "doesn't know."

The only problem I have is that I am uncertain if Clark would ever invade her privacy the way he did. He might accidentally see something that's left out, but I can't see him breaking into her place to look at something he absolutely knows is private.

Superb story. Look forward to your next endeavor. thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#5993 09/06/03 08:12 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This entire story was just wonderful. smile1

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#5994 09/07/03 12:45 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
CC,
great job
enjoyed the whole thing
ditto others
merry

#5995 09/08/03 07:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
smile I liked it so much! smile

Dittos on all the good comments..

question...
Jimmy was tugging unsuccessfully on Lois’ front door. Having been there himself, Clark took immediate pity on him. He marched over and yanked it open, breaking any number of bolts. If Jimmy noticed, there was no sign of it. His boots beat a rapid tattoo down the hallway.
so...does he know? :p

-Breanna

#5996 09/12/03 05:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm a little tardy on the thank yous!

I want to be sure you all know how appreciative I am of your enthusiasm, your generous compliments, and even your not-so-gentle nags.

I had a ball with this story, and what a great forum to bring it to.

Thanks to Labrat who, among other things, dissuaded me from sending it straight to the archives.

And thank you to all of you who read and commented. I poured over your words!

A few specifics: Joy Moony on finishing part 4 declared "I need a cigarette now...and that wasn't even nfic." LOL! I got the biggest kick out of that.

And skulle whose "Damn you're good" is something I'd like tattooed on some part of my anatomy. Ok, no needles, but maybe a bumper sticker.

And lastly, more1980, who came out of nowhere in what was evidently his/her first post ever...to nag me.

I decided to take that as a compliment!

Thank you everyone. It was a really fun experience, and I am grateful to you all,

CC-

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard