Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5970 09/05/03 06:23 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yay!!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#5971 09/05/03 06:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous! I really loved the tie-in back to the first story. Clark had been so worried about her reacting to the stuff in the *second* story, but she's already been through all of that, and has remembered that she owed him one... great symmetry!

And I knew that Lois knew :p

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#5972 09/05/03 06:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! So she did know all along? Yay! thumbsup

Like Pam, I love the way you tied all three stories together here. First, Lois was all set to be furious with him for the night he was 'killed' - but then she saw the wedding-dress and realised just what he had been through for her. Wonderful!!

And I loved the echoes of Clark setting Lois free from the dress in Lois's resolve to set him free from whatever caged him. Now the title makes sense: Clark is truly uncaged.

Fantastic!! The whole series is going on my Kerth list, CC!!

Okay, next story??? wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#5973 09/05/03 07:09 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Just absolutely positively awesomely brilliant! notworthy

Please write more very soon.

Terry

#5974 09/05/03 07:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And what a finale, CC!

I just love this reversal of a thousand fanfics. goofy

“Maybe.” She turned the mega-watt smile on him, raised up on her tiptoes, grabbed the back of his head, and kissed him fully, resoundingly on his still moving lips.

He froze.

“Shut you up,” Lois stated with satisfaction.
and

Who said that?! Horrible, horrible good manners, hard-wired into his psyche! Darn them! Darn them to the fiery cellars where Lex Luthor dwelled! Lois was only the tiniest bit drunk. He didn’t care. He’d go up and just watch her sleep it off. That would be enough for him.
clap clap

Had to laugh at poor Jimmy desperately trying to hightail it from Lois' apartment and then you changed the mood adroitly and we were into some of the waffiest and most poignant scenes I've read. Superb

<big happy waffy satisfied sigh>

I'm with Wendy - next!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#5975 09/05/03 07:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes great ending. I agree with what everyone said. Fabulous that Lois knew. I loved Clarks final release "I'm superman" and I loved the ending. Very good job. I hope you write more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#5976 09/05/03 07:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful story.

It was very interesting that Lois who in the beginning of the show confessed intimate things to Clark, now could so completely fool him. He knew that she didn't act like herself (Star Labs) - and yet he couldn't penerate her mind once she shut him outside.

Also, I can't remember having read so strong a description about Clark's fear of rejection and why it was so difficult - frightening - to tell anybody.

But then, Clark had shown her the scar. He had chosen to show her. Lois knew this was important. In showing her the scar, he had shown her what trapped him And he had, also, given her the key. Lois would free him; from the isolation that had to be stifling, from the
uncertainty that had to be chronic, and from the fear that stayed with him. The fear of being found out, the fear of rejection, the fear of her rejection of him once she knew.

This she could see clearly now. When he’d caught her at the planetarium, he had been holding himself steady by sheer force of will, by self-discipline, by long, long practice. But Superman had been afraid. Had he once shown his true self to someone he’d loved? Had they turned away? With disgust? With fear? With condemnation?

Clark, in showing her the chicken pox scar, had shown her the deeper scars. The ones that haunted him, closed him in, cut him off. But not anymore. He didn’t know it yet, but that part of Clark Kent’s life was over. She was here. And this was a job for Lois Lane.

Gabriele
#5977 09/05/03 09:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#5978 09/05/03 09:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
On her side, Lois stood perfectly still until she heard the sound of his retreating footsteps. Even then, she hardly dared breathe until the loud echo of the lobby door’s closing confirmed Clark’s departure.

“Superman has left the building,” Lois whispered to herself as she crossed to her window.

For sometime she only stood there, waiting, watching him move out of sight. She noted the soft sonic boom.
WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT!! thumbsup

“Next up, man-eating shark.”
rotflol

His mind slowly, unbelievably slowly, processed the words on the page. Superman turned to stone. Frozen completely on Lois’ bed, trespassing and invading her privacy, and utterly unable to move.

She knew.
Lois knew.
Uh Oh! eek

You asked me if you’d lost me, Clark.” Lois stood up to watch him. “It’s the opposite. You’ve found us
Hooray!! laugh

Clark reached for her; across the bed under which so much of their history lay buried, across the space that had always been between them, across the years that had finally led them to this place. And he found her there, waiting…warm…willing…and all his.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

This lived up to ALL my expectations..I think that your writing is truly wonderful CC and this story goes on my top 10!

~Liz (who's sad it's over, but WOW, whata ride!)

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#5979 09/05/03 09:46 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Wonderful, CC. And now the title, "Clark Uncaged" makes sense.

thanks for a great read

gerry

#5980 09/05/03 12:02 PM
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Wonderful. Just wonderful. notworthy As everyone has said, the tie-back to the two previous stories is just perfect, and the title is perfect, and everything is just...perfect.

I loved this...
“Lois, I was talking. I...missed that...didn’t see that coming...didn’t get the full effect...So, I wondered if...you could...again?”

“We’re here, Clark.” Lois nodded towards her building. He’d never noticed they’d arrived. “You could come up?”

Oh, he was definitely going up. Bridges could collapse and villagers might flee mudslides, but he was so going up. She’d kissed him. Kissed him...kissed him.

“I...You’re...um...a little tipsy, Lois.”

Who said that?! Horrible, horrible good manners, hard-wired into his psyche! Darn them! Darn them to the fiery cellars where Lex Luthor dwelled! Lois was only the tiniest bit drunk. He didn’t care. He’d go up and just watch her sleep it off. That would be enough for him.
I just had to quote it again because I loved it so much. I can really picture Clark saying and thinking these things, and then to find out that Lois knew! Of course she knew... And I loved the bit with the box and her list - I *knew* there must be a reason that she was ignoring the alarm at STAR Labs.

And this was just wonderful too...
But then, Clark had shown her the scar. He had chosen to show her. Lois knew this was important. In showing her the scar, he had shown her what trapped him And he had, also, given her the key. Lois would free him; from the isolation that had to be stifling, from the uncertainty that had to be chronic, and from the fear that stayed with him. The fear of being found out, the fear of rejection, the fear of her rejection of him once she knew.

This she could see clearly now. When he’d caught her at the planetarium, he had been holding himself steady by sheer force of will, by self-discipline, by long, long practice. But Superman had been afraid. Had he once shown his true self to someone he’d loved? Had they turned away? With disgust? With fear? With condemnation?

Clark, in showing her the chicken pox scar, had shown her the deeper scars. The ones that haunted him, closed him in, cut him off. But not anymore. He didn’t know it yet, but that part of Clark Kent’s life was over. She was here. And this was a job for Lois Lane.
And indeed it was, and Lois did get the ball rolling as only Lois could. Guys who know guys...

I love the fact that despite the thoughts that ran through Clark's head in Lois' bedroom, he didn't confront her in bitterness and anger; he did, as you said, just ask the most important question. And that entire scene was just beautiful, very them. [Linked Image]

A perfect ending to the story, CC. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Superb...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#5981 09/05/03 12:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't say it any better than what's already been said, but

Beautiful job, CC and its a lovely series smile1

#5982 09/05/03 01:21 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very nicely done. Any more stories in the offing? laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#5983 09/05/03 01:41 PM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Yippee!!!!! party

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
#5984 09/05/03 01:43 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi CC,

This was just wonderful! You are a gifted writer. We are so fortunate to be able to read what is going through your mind. Thank You!

Please, write on! hyper
Anne

#5985 09/05/03 03:25 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I was so excited to come home to read this! I raced from the public-trasportation hell home so that I could access this story, and I was not left unhappy. Sadly to say, however, the boards were being weird for a second and "Clark Uncaged" wasn't on the board but the feedback thread was, and I accidently clicked on that link and read a line that gave away an integral part to the story. But that didn't deter me yet from reading the story, because I wanted to experience the story, and I was not disappointed. Loved it, CC, and I hope there will be another story in the series!

Holding out for another story,

Jo dance

#5986 09/05/03 03:50 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW!

((i need a cigarette now...and that wasn't even nfic....))

I screeched aloud with glee when I got to the "Alakazam, you're free" part.

This story, this whole trilogy was fantastic. Thank you for writing!!!!

#5987 09/05/03 09:37 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

Just read the last two parts. smile1
This is excellent. notworthy

I love how Lois knows all along.
Just perfect! jump

Congratulations on a superbly written story. I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to your next venture. smile

Tricia cool

#5988 09/05/03 11:53 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Damn you're good!!!! thumbsup thumbsup

"Certainty of Death. Little chance of success.... What are we waiting for?"

Gimli - Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King.
#5989 09/06/03 04:27 AM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
This was absolutely wonderful CC! Thanks for sharing!! smile1

Becki [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard