C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next scheduled post:
Thursday either before 9am or after 4pm ET.

Chapter 10 Preview
"Fine. Be a superhero without a name." I snapped my fingers. "That's it!"

"What's it?" he asked, puzzled by the leap I'd made without him.

"Your new name," I told him with a grin.

"What is it?"
Thanks smile .
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, haven't been commenting lately... but am definitely reading, and enjoying it immensely.

The story's so pleasant and waffy.. I sometimes forget... there's another... uh shoe ? laugh cool thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwww how sweet!!!!! drool

He finally turned to look at me and I could hear his breath catch. He stood in front of me. "You look beautiful. Is this what I think it is?" he asked, running a finger under the spaghetti strap.
She's wearing Aunt Louise's nightgown? No, that was in Learning to Love, wasn't it?

Are we sleeping here?" I murmured, as we snuggled into the pillows and he pulled a blanket over us.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Christopher will be up early so we probably need to be at least clothed and he'd want to know why we had a fire in June.
Ah, there's nothing like kids to make Mom and Dad behave at least somewhat, is there?

"You know, if all our dates are going to end like that, I think I want you to ask me out again."

"That wasn't part of our date."

I yawned as I felt sleep overtaking me. "Well, regardless, I hope you ask me out again."

"Don't worry," I heard him say as I drifted off. "I plan on it."
Aaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!! clap

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, loved the date. I really like how Clark made it separate from the rest of the night. I'm curious about the preview clip... Noname? The Nameless Wonder? Unknown? Anon? laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Hi!

I've been following your story from the beginning and enjoying it very much. The previous part of this story I was yelling at the pages where Clark kept thinking about Lana. I kept thinking get it right already Clark.

Wow, how well you write and "Unanswered Prayers" is icing on the cake. One thing, please don't put too much angst into Nate's medical problems. I have enough of that in my life. I like happy endings and I know eventually you will give all of us that, right!!! Thanks for a wonderful story, keep it up.

G. Kuhn
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Am going to try to respond more thoroughly wink . May not happen later...

AnKS - glad you're still enjoying, but shoe what shoe? wink

Ann - I knew you'd like this chapter! No, not Aunt Louise's nightgown - though Queenie asked the same question when she beta'd for me wink . It's from the night after Sam's heart attack...

Karen - glad you liked it! Hmm... anon as a superhero name... /ponders/

G - /waves/ Nice to see you! I've said before that Nate's health problems are very similar to my own son's and he's currently a very healthy 18m old. I too believe in happy endings.

Carol [who's hoping to avoid a doc appt but hasn't heard back from the office if they have to see the 7yos pink eye or if they'll call in a prescription...]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderfully sweet part, Carol.

And Lois sure knows how to work with Clark laugh

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, Carol. Been a few posts since I've given feedback, but whatever. smile

I liked the date. And I liked how they tried to establish their "boundaries" on the date.

Clark didn't want the date to be about a prelude for sex. That was sweet. In many ways, it's about them getting to know each other without strings, just like it was in "Learning to to Love."
I'm glad Lois told him this was too much, though.

"You have kids?" I asked, trying to keep in my self-appointed role as a first date.

She just glared at me.

"Too far?" I asked, chagrinned.

"A bit," she told me. She patted my chest as she walked by. "I already know whose bed you're going to end up in tonight so pretending this is a real first date is pushing it a bit." She bit her lip and looked at me from under her lashes. I was pretty sure she was thinking about what was going to happen in that bed later.
As much as this date is about them getting to know each other, pushing the play-acting too far makes their relationship sound artifical.

But then, Lois also didn't want them talking about their past. She wanted them to just get to know each other and enjoy the date.
"What're you thinking about?" Lois asked quietly from her side of the car.

"Dancing with you on the cruise," I told her. "And wondering why I was stupid for another eighteen months."

"Not tonight, Clark, please," she said looking out her window. "I don't want to talk about all that tonight."
This is where I think the play-acting is good. Not that they don't need to hash out their past to move on. But eventually, they have to stop thinking/talking about it so much. Just enjoying the date and being together is a chance to do that.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I loved the date... especially the dancing scene.

And lol? to the preview...

Sara "Lieta"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves again/

Michael - glad you liked it!

Sara - no worries smile . The whole pretending it's a first date to the nth degree seemed over the top to me in this case, though I could understand, to an extent, Clark's motivation. This L/C - particularly Lois in this case - are very different from the LtL L/C and I just didn't see it working here as well as it did there [the whole first date thing that is] and neither did Lois wink . As for the moving on/past it... that will be raised at some point as well smile .

Lieta - glad you enjoyed it!

Here's hoping I can post in the morning!

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, I loved the date! Sorry if feedback is sparce lately--TJ's internet across the street is being shaky, and if he doesn't have internet, that means I don't get it, either. goofy

Great waffy part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard