Hi, Carol. Been a few posts since I've given feedback, but whatever. smile

I liked the date. And I liked how they tried to establish their "boundaries" on the date.

Clark didn't want the date to be about a prelude for sex. That was sweet. In many ways, it's about them getting to know each other without strings, just like it was in "Learning to to Love."
I'm glad Lois told him this was too much, though.

"You have kids?" I asked, trying to keep in my self-appointed role as a first date.

She just glared at me.

"Too far?" I asked, chagrinned.

"A bit," she told me. She patted my chest as she walked by. "I already know whose bed you're going to end up in tonight so pretending this is a real first date is pushing it a bit." She bit her lip and looked at me from under her lashes. I was pretty sure she was thinking about what was going to happen in that bed later.
As much as this date is about them getting to know each other, pushing the play-acting too far makes their relationship sound artifical.

But then, Lois also didn't want them talking about their past. She wanted them to just get to know each other and enjoy the date.
"What're you thinking about?" Lois asked quietly from her side of the car.

"Dancing with you on the cruise," I told her. "And wondering why I was stupid for another eighteen months."

"Not tonight, Clark, please," she said looking out her window. "I don't want to talk about all that tonight."
This is where I think the play-acting is good. Not that they don't need to hash out their past to move on. But eventually, they have to stop thinking/talking about it so much. Just enjoying the date and being together is a chance to do that.