Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh sooooo dang sweet!!! Loved the whole thing. The party. The crappy food. The awful punch. Loved your Lois in this!

Bravo! *hurries to post this in case someone else is already doing a fdk thread*

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Columnist
Columnist
Hehe! This is so cute!!

Lois just cracks me up at the beginning.

For half a second, she contemplated pouring the contents of her glass right back into the bowl, but she had a funny feeling she'd get caught doing it, and she was in no mood to endure a lecture about etiquette or hygiene.
LOL! I can totally see her doing that, too.

"Yeah, of course you do," Lois replied, patting him on the arm affectionately. "I forget you believe in magic..."
*Giggle* One of the reasons I absolutely adore Clark.

"No, I suppose we won't," Lois replied shrugging, as the doors closed on a very confused Jimmy.
sloppy

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very cute....

And ironic that you wrote this fic for Dandello with no Bat.... when hers had Bruce as an instigator, =P

Sara "Lieta"
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a beautiful holiday story. smile It captures the very essence of an office party. dance

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yep, that was very cute indeed! laugh

For half a second, she contemplated pouring the contents of her glass right back into the bowl, but she had a funny feeling she'd get caught doing it, and she was in no mood to endure a lecture about etiquette or hygiene.
*snort* (But you know what? There have been many fics where Lois hasn't been able to be around anything alcoholic without getting totally plastered, so I find it a refreshing change that she wants to pour her punch right back into the bowl!) laugh

"Hey, look, a shooting star!" came Clark's voice from right behind her.
You know what? When I read that, I thought that Clark had taken off into outer space to fix a few shooting stars for Lois. It wouldn't be too hard. Find some pieces of meteorite, quite small ones, and aim them at Metropolis. They will burn up beautifully in the atmosphere and turn into great shooting stars! laugh

[Linked Image]

"You know... Sometimes I think you spend too much of your time around Superman. He's rubbing off on--" Lois paused abruptly, frowned, then went on, "Or is it the other way around and you're rubbing off on him? You guys are starting to sound more and more alike..."
Galactically stupid Lois... :rolleyes:

"Hey, guys," he called out, waving at them with a hand, "I just found out something really big! You'll never guess who the new anchor for the WGBS evening news is going to be!"

Just then, the elevator bell dinged and its doors opened. Lois abruptly pushed Clark inside.

"No, I suppose we won't," Lois replied shrugging, as the doors closed on a very confused Jimmy.
clap

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Very, very cute - but where is Batman? I didn't even find a reference. (Unless you mean Lois' distaste for the hors d'oeuvre which is mirrored in the fanifc "Meet Sam Wayne" by Bruce himself...)

Well, at least - didn't I spot a little comic reference? Hmmm?
"Hey, guys," he called out, waving at them with a hand, "I just found out something really big! You'll never guess who the new anchor for the WGBS evening news is going to be!"
Let me guess (according to the comics of old): Clark Kent! notworthy Let's just hope he'll find out before he's too late on the job.

/me crawls back into comic geek corner

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I wish there was a Graemlin that stood for melting into a pile of goo, but since there isn't I'm letting you know that I am. Soo.. cute!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Columnist
Columnist
"I wonder how many times people have mistaken Superman for a star and made a wish," he said wistfully.
This line is prefectly Clark. His concern for others and their needs and wants.

Very sweet. Nice to wake up to.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww...that was so sweet!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
It was a shy, tentative kiss, which was over almost as soon as it had begun.

Pulling back, Clark smiled and said, "See, sometimes wishes come true..."

"This was-- this was your wish?" Lois asked in a small voice, a clearly surprised expression in her eyes.

"Mine?" he replied, a hint of a teasing smile on his lips, "I thought it was yours."
laugh

Lovely fic, Lara, and lovely to see you posting a story again!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yet another gem from you Lara... where do they keep coming from?

It was nice, simple, cute.. and has GREAT potential for a sequel. wink

And just because...
"oh where, oh where.... is the BATMAN?"

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lara!

Set in S2. (eg: pre-revelation)
/does NOT peek at the end/ Wonder if there will be a revelation. And Batman laugh

goofy

He'd had to run off someplace, about a half hour ago.
Superman doing a New Year’s thing for the city?

Lois might have taken this opportunity to leave, but part of her just couldn't abandon him; the fact that he wasn't even around notwithstanding. He'd be back eventually - he always came back - and Lois knew that, if she went home now, Clark would be sad to see that she'd left before he returned.
Awwwwww

...and possibly plot her revenge.
/chokes/

"You know... Sometimes I think you spend too much of your time around Superman. He's rubbing off on--" Lois paused abruptly, frowned, then went on, "Or is it the other way around and you're rubbing off on him? You guys are starting to sound more and more alike..."
/chokes again/

Just a moment later, they were standing in front of the elevator, hoping to make as quick a getaway as possible, when out of nowhere came Jimmy Olsen.
Entrance: Jimmy Interruptus.

Vicky Vale?

"Yes, and unless you have a stomach of steel - which we both know isn't the case - you really don't want to eat any of that food, Clark. Trust me," Lois insisted.
Hmm...

Lois looked up, squinting, before finally saying, "That's not a star. It's probably just Superman..."

Clark bit back a chuckle. "I'm pretty sure it's a star, Lois."
Inside knowledge, huh?

Lois shrugged. "With my luck? You bet I check under the bed! Not that I expect to find anything... But monsters – the kind we help send to jail, anyway – tend to like stalking me, so I'm just being...careful."
notworthy

Great and sweet fic, Lara. And look, I even managed to leave FDK now, instead of in two months, like with “It Happened All Night” peep

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was hoping for more Jimmy - oh well. Very cute story. thumbsup

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I'd quote my fave parts, but everyone else already did!

Loved this!

Carol

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Perfect, absolutely perfect. sigh......

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa! Can I just stand in awe for a little bit? Because I wasn't expecting to get anywhere near this much feedback so quickly.

/is blown away!

Thank you!!!

@Dandello: I know you probably wanted more of Jimmy... I tried, but I just never managed to write him so he sounded anything even remotely close to Jimmy at all, so I settled for this and not posting the story several days late while I tried to turn the whiny kid I had into a reasonable facsimile of Jimmy Olsen. Sorry!

@Jessi: I do still write Lois! Sometimes. ..except of course it's Smallville's Lois. Too bad I can't mix and match, cause I like OUR Clark better than theirs. wink

@Ann: Yeah, you're right, it's probably not a star, but another piece of Nightfall - or better, a piece of Krypton. *giggles* If this had been set in S1, I think I would probably have tried to slip something about that in there, but... well... Sweet pic, btw - thanks for posting!

@LaraJK: There are two sorta kinda nods to the comics, with WGBS and Fifth Street. But I tried to stick to actual show canon for everything else. And I honestly wasn't thinking of Clark for the new news anchor. LOL! I was thinking of someone else, but it's just a detail that's not very important.

@Lisamaree: Sorry, my dance card is full already, and there won't be a sequel. Do feel free to write one, if you feel like it, though. You, or anyone else. smile

@Michael: Way to go on speed. *giggles* Vicky Vale is actually an interesting guess - but she's more of a photographer. Besides, I was really trying not to bring in any of the Bat-clan in this one. wink

@Carol (& Elisabeth as well): Thank you for putting this ficathon together! Wasn't easy coming up with a fic after so long, but it was fun, too. Thanks for that. smile

@bellarata, Lieta, bobbart, crazy_babe, cp33, Sheila, Lisa (*hugs*!), robinson: Thank you so, so much for the comments! I appreciate them more than you know. smile

...and as for all of you asking about Batman: Well, see... in memory of his passing, I figured it would be appropriate of me to offer you all a "fic of silence."

[what? you don't believe me? oh come on! seriously... can't y'all see I'm mourning?]

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Lara, thanks so much for your note of appreciation. It's actually me who should be thanking you. That was an awesome story, a blessing to us all.

I thought it was sweet of Lois to go to and stick around at the party just because Clark invited her. I thought it was neat that they spent the evening alone instead. I was glad the Chinese restaurant wasn't Ralph's Pagoda, enjoyed the walk back to Lois' place, giggled at the thought of Lois checking for monsters under her bed, sighed at the extra opportunity for them to wish upon the star, and thought it was so sweet that Clark tried to "guess" what she wished for. It was such an enjoyable read.

Elisabeth
PS The punch is rarely alcoholic at the office parties I've attended. Usually, if there is alcohol it will be wine served at dinner or it will be served at a bar by a bartender. It would rarely be self-served punch.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I LOVED this. So romantic sigh...
I sort of felt like Olive Oil when she melts from Popeye's kiss<g> You haven't lost your touch. I wish you a happy healthy New Year and may Batman fly through your window. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
@Elisabeth: aww! thank you! sloppy I'm really glad I caved when you asked if I would participate. In that way, you certainly deserve credit for this story being posted. About the punch - it wasn't alcoholic, though it's not mentioned. There was a line originally, about it "thankfully not being spiked yet", but I deleted it. wink

@Laura: thank you so much! *hugs* ...I wish Batman would come in my living-room through the window, too. LOL! I'll settle for him in my head for now, I guess. wink

Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful feedback - you guys all rock! *big, big hugs to all*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara, it's great to see you back with a new fic. hyper Your stories are always a wonderful reading, with humor and WAFFY in the right proportion. clap

Lara, I hope to see new stories of yours. I've been missing your work. grovel Good authors are unforgettable. Thank you for coming back with this WAFFy piece. It's the kind of story that makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face. [Linked Image]
Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard