Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What, there's still no feedback on this story? I can't believe it!

Sara, as usual, you managed to capture the interplay between Jay and Clark perfectly. Especially the nabbing about the towel had me in stitches.

I also found it really interesting that Lois gets to see Clark not only in a towel, but also without his glasses - and probably with wet, slicked-back hair... Can't wait to see her reaction to Superman's debut. laugh

What I find particularly fascinating is that Jay seems to be a little bit less of a moral person. Not that he is a bad person, but he seems rather fond of snooping where he isn't supposed to. Like a certain reporter we know.

Great story so far!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another good part.

I have to admit that I don't know quite what to think about this exchange:

As she met his gaze, Lois slowly stilled, “Please... don’t fall for me... Clark... I can’t...I don’t have time for it...”

Clark closed the distance between them and pressed his lips to her forehead, “Too late...” he breathed.
I had been under the impression that Lois was more interested than that. I like Clark's more direct reaction but again, the exchange felt... well, odd.

It *does* make for an interesting twist on the original.

Looking forward to the next part.

Bob

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hmm, good point. So, what might be Lois' reasons? What takes away too much of her time, considering she is definitely interested in Clark? Does she have a child? Another job? What?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Lara: hmm you caught that about CJ, hm? It will be very important later on =) And no comment about Lois' future reaction to Superman...

Bob: I may have to take a closer look at that... originally I wrote that scene in October while a lot of the newer scenes where Lois is noticeably different were written just a week or so ago... it still seemed to work when I read through it... but then I know how I want this Lois to portray herself... in my mind (and without going into how her history does and does not parallel canon Lois') She is less wary of co-workers and men in general... she might be more likely to make friends or have a casual dating relationship... but she's terrified of serious relationships. So friendly byplay with Clark and a semi-business date are ok... but the vibes she picked up there were deeper and that spooked her...

Lara: the time aspect was more my playing with the quote than a conscious word choice... but I could come up with a rational to make it sound good I think... ~.^

However, if that still seems anomalous feel free to emil me for her actual history and see if it still doesn't jive =)

Sara "Lieta"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow!! just caught on to this story.. and what a unique uptake... cool!!

I loved your portrayal of the twins... ok so the names are a give-away, but even without that it's so easy to know who is our Clark and who is the other twin... terrific!!

So, I might be wrong but presumably Jay doesn't have the urge to help as much as Cal, huh?

And... I looove this Lois laugh

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
AnKS: I'm glad you like it =) And I'm glad I achieved my goal... Clark as a very slightly altered version of the cannon counterpart with CJ a separate character. And we'll see repercussions from your deduction later.... and I like this Lois too, lol

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As she met his gaze, Lois slowly stilled, “Please... don’t fall for me... Clark... I can’t...I don’t have time for it...”

Clark closed the distance between them and pressed his lips to her forehead, “Too late...” he breathed.
Sara, that was so sweet. Lois is still holding him at arms length but at the same time not training the 120mm gun at him.

And then I waited for the towel scene and oh boy, you didn't disappoint laugh

The Rachel-bit caught me completely off guard, though and the only thing I can think of, is that Luthor learned about Rachel Kent, wive of Charles Kent, scientific thorn in Luthor's side got canned before she could make connections.

So glad there is more story already out there wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
hehe, glad you liked that... on Rachel, I'll hit you on the next thread, lol

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard