Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just for the fun of it.

Kent2: Benjamin, our son.

Lane2: Benjamin? But our son's name is Jason.

Kent2: Oh boy. Don't tell me Herb did muck up the time lines again.

laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nooooooooooo. it's the end? Now I've got to find a new "thing-to-do" while drinking morning coffee. (Your new chapters were posted around my 5 am) thumbsup clap cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by MLT:
And then there is the question of spelling... Do I spell it Vicky or Vicki? Then I decided that given that in the series, we meet Tiffani - who made a point of saying that she spelled her name with an 'i' and thought... Nah. Lois and Clark are going to spell their daughter's name the old fashioned way.
I had just assumed Vicky was short for Victoria.

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Vicky is short for Victoria. In fact, when I first mention her, I refer to her as Victoria. But I still had to figure out how to spell her nickname.

Now I'll wait for the archive version (so that I can read it at one go during some weekend).
I've already sent it to the archives. But in addition to the archives, once I have the edited version, I'll be posting it on my site so that people who want to can read it with the italics in italics.

Anyway, thanks again, everyone, for your support while I've been posting this story.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, one more thing. When I post my story to my site, I'm thinking of including some pictures. Now, obviously, I need to use pictures from the show, so if anyone can think of any pictures that might fit in well with the story, please let me know.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi ML,

Just wanted to join in and tell you how much I really enjoyed this story. I'm sorry I didn't post fdk for every part, but that was because I was playing catch up nearly every time. wink

I do understand how real life can drain you of the energy to write. Like Nan, I have been fighting that for a few years. I'm happy that I'm writing again, but it is more slowly and the ideas no longer flow onto the page the way they once did.

Hopefully, you will find inspiration somewhere. I know that I miss writing when I hit writer's block. I think there is something therapeutic about writing about your characters' problems instead of thinking of your own. wink

Meanwhile, thank you for this wonderful trip through Lois and Clark's slightly different life. I'm so happy that you decided not to 'kill off' Lane and Kent. I liked them almost as much as our Lois and Clark.

This is a story I'll probably be revisiting once it shows up on the archive.

Yours Jenni

Blogger
Blogger
ML,
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I'm so sad to see it end (as much as the suspense was killing me and I wanted to see how it ended...). I agree with the others- just because you don't have an idea now, doesn't mean you won't brew one up later, particularly if you continue to read fics and stay interested. I'm impressed that you've kept up such a pace for such a long time. I hope an idea comes soon, 'cause I sure do love MLT fic. smile

Hutch

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
ML,

I've been horrible at FDK, but I wanted to let you know here at the last that I have enjoyed your story so much. Thank you!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You're better than me - I still have about 2/3-3/4 of LtL to finish editing before I send it off to Labby smile .

As for pictures... I think at least one from PML is in order =D.

Carol

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm so happy with the ending of this story! There's nothing worse than making it through a long story/movie/whatever and the ending is terrible. But this was great, and I'm looking forward to reading it all in one piece on the archive. Thanks for a great story!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I think there is something therapeutic about writing about your characters' problems instead of thinking of your own.
I agree, Jenni. That's how I think of my writing, too. And I have ideas, but... everytime I think of sitting down and actually writing at the moment, I just feel so exhausted. Oh well. Maybe soon...

I'm so happy that you decided not to 'kill off' Lane and Kent. I liked them almost as much as our Lois and Clark.
That's quite a complement, considering that I know how much you like our Lois and Clark laugh . And I'm glad you liked Lane and Kent. When I started writing them, I didn't expect to fall in love with them. But somewhere along the way, I did. And then, of course, I couldn't kill them off. I wanted to continue thinking of them, out there somewhere together laugh

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I'm so sad to see it end (as much as the suspense was killing me and I wanted to see how it ended...).
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've been horrible at FDK, but I wanted to let you know here at the last that I have enjoyed your story so much. Thank you!
You're welcome. And don't worry about the feedback, I'm just glad you enjoyed the story.

As for pictures... I think at least one from PML is in order =D
Problem I'm having is that I end up changing most things just enough that pictures often don't seem to work. After all, in my rewrite of PML, Lane doesn't do the dance of the seven veils for Kent. Kent trips backwards down the stairs and Lane rushes down, planting kisses all over his face. So... where's that picture? I want that picture grumble

Oh, and that reminds me. Anyone know where I might be able to get a picture of Lois hugging a three year old girl while sitting on a bed - preferably with Clark hugging both of them? Or... is anyone able to make such a picture? That would be a great picture to end the story with.

I'm so happy with the ending of this story! There's nothing worse than making it through a long story/movie/whatever and the ending is terrible.
I'm glad you liked the ending. I always try to make my endings an 'awww' moment - where you give a happy sigh as you read the final words. It's one of the parts of any story I work the hardest on - well, that and the first chapter (of course, the purpose there is to hook the reader so that they will end up reading the remaining 47 chapters wave

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, I have to admit, I did't see that one coming. I was convinces all the way up until Lane showed up that Tempus was behind it. Oh well, that's a good thing. I don't like predictablity in my reading. Good stuff though, I loved it. Great job. But if you need ideas or your next story, maybe something about Bernie saving Lois' life and thier sons birth. Just an idea.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was convinces all the way up until Lane showed up that Tempus was behind it.
Well, in a way, I guess he was responsible. But this time, he caused problems by not showing up laugh

ML wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so sad that this story is finished. mecry I'm glad everything went ok for Lois & Clark and Lane & Kent, but I've missed this wonderful fic terribly. If you still haven't got an idea for a new story, maybe you could write a sequel about Lane and Kent. What do you say? wink You fell in love with them and we did too, so, why not? laugh After all, there were many things that we didn't get to see about them - the reaction of Jimmy and the others Planet's employees to Kent working at the Planet, Lane meeting Martha and Jonathan, Kent meeting Ellen, Land and Kent wedding, they finding the responsible for the breach in Star Labs and on and on...

What do you think? Please? Pretty please? grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
It's certainly an idea, Andreia. One I've actually played with - in my mind. My problem right now is that blank piece of paper that would need to be filled with words. laugh

ML wave

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
sigh. i miss your story. severe withdrawal right now. I'm about to start the week of interviewing hell at my law school, and now there is nothing at all to look forward to when I'm stressing about researching firms at midnight frown .

do you want to write something new? please?

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm stressing about researching firms at midnight
Wow. Now that's impressive. When I finished law school and started interviewing, it never even occurred to me to research the firms I interviewed with. Of course, when one interviewer asked me why I wanted to work for his firm, my response was that I needed a job laugh . I don't think they offered me a job.

Still, I wish I could calm your nerves with a new story. But... let me just say this. Even without researching firms, I did get a job laugh . So don't stress out too much, okay. Just be prepared to tell them what position you play in baseball - since most of them need players for their firm team thumbsup .

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just to let anyone who is interested know, I've just posted the story in full on my website. So you can read it with the italics included if you want. There are no pictures in it, as of yet, but I'm hoping those will be coming soon.

Anyway, you can find it at http://www.thompsonlawoffice.ca/There\'s_No_Place_Like_Home.htm

ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! thanks for posting in full... laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi ML!

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting this baby into the archives so quickly. This was an awesome feat hail

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard