Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Aww! This was so saaaad! *sniff*

I had always wondered what would happen to Clark if he ever saw an extreme case of domestic violence like this. I think it would tear him down, just as you've shown here.

And glad I could help yaaaaay! *hug*

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Blogger
Blogger
Oh wow it is such a sad story but great, really really great.

Beautiful in it's own way...

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Manda, this was disturbingly beautiful. Of course, now you have to show us the rest of this story, as in, what happens next to LnC and the world.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There is something irresistibly beautiful about the death of a girl or a young woman. It carries the scent of flowers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When I was a kid, I read all these edifying Christian stories where a father was a drunk who neglected his children, and one of his kids - always a girl - died because her father did not provide for her. The girl went straight to Heaven, the father repented, and the father, the mother and their sons lived out their lives on Earth and were later reunited with their daughter and sister in Heaven. Happy ending! laugh

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh my, this was so sad. But beautifully written. I can see both Lois and Clark's grief at the loss of a child, even though it wasn't their own.

A great vignette, Manda!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
"I can't do this anymore Lois." His voice grew determined through his grief as he stood up. "I can't keep seeing this kind of thing. I can't bear to see anymore people die...anymore children die. I can't be Superman anymore. It's just too much."
And the EMTs, Police, and so forth can carry on without him.

Lois Lane will get the write her editorial "Why the world doesn't need Superman."

(Habakkuk 1:2-3) . . .: 2 How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear? [How long] shall I call to you for aid from violence, and you do not save? 3 Why is it that you make me see what is hurtful, and you keep looking upon mere trouble? And [why] are despoiling and violence in front of me, and [why] does quarreling occur, and [why] is strife carried?

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
Very touching story. As a mom, I can't imagine anyone harming their child. Beautifully written.

G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
Thank you all. Reading your comments makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I am glad you all enjoyed my first attempt at a fic. Much love to you all. love

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Keep writing. That was sad and very beautifully written.

BJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's a poignant story, but you can't end it there. Loss, even when it's a tremendous loss, cannot be allowed to take over life. Yes Superman is a "real" person who grieves, but there has to be a time when grieving ends. Those voices calling for help won't cease just because he's grieving. He may get lost for awhile, but somehow, sometime he needs to find the road back home to who he really is.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard