Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Catherine Bruce FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 03:40 AM
Aww! This was so saaaad! *sniff*

I had always wondered what would happen to Clark if he ever saw an extreme case of domestic violence like this. I think it would tear him down, just as you've shown here.

And glad I could help yaaaaay! *hug*
Posted By: Top Banana Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 04:06 AM
Oh wow it is such a sad story but great, really really great.

Beautiful in it's own way...
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 07:55 AM
Manda, this was disturbingly beautiful. Of course, now you have to show us the rest of this story, as in, what happens next to LnC and the world.

Michael
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 10:22 AM
There is something irresistibly beautiful about the death of a girl or a young woman. It carries the scent of flowers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When I was a kid, I read all these edifying Christian stories where a father was a drunk who neglected his children, and one of his kids - always a girl - died because her father did not provide for her. The girl went straight to Heaven, the father repented, and the father, the mother and their sons lived out their lives on Earth and were later reunited with their daughter and sister in Heaven. Happy ending! laugh

Ann
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 12:23 PM
Oh my, this was so sad. But beautifully written. I can see both Lois and Clark's grief at the loss of a child, even though it wasn't their own.

A great vignette, Manda!
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 03:10 PM
"I can't do this anymore Lois." His voice grew determined through his grief as he stood up. "I can't keep seeing this kind of thing. I can't bear to see anymore people die...anymore children die. I can't be Superman anymore. It's just too much."
And the EMTs, Police, and so forth can carry on without him.

Lois Lane will get the write her editorial "Why the world doesn't need Superman."

(Habakkuk 1:2-3) . . .: 2 How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear? [How long] shall I call to you for aid from violence, and you do not save? 3 Why is it that you make me see what is hurtful, and you keep looking upon mere trouble? And [why] are despoiling and violence in front of me, and [why] does quarreling occur, and [why] is strife carried?
Posted By: cp33 Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/08/08 07:45 PM
Very touching story. As a mom, I can't imagine anyone harming their child. Beautifully written.
Posted By: GuineaPants Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/09/08 12:56 AM
Thank you all. Reading your comments makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I am glad you all enjoyed my first attempt at a fic. Much love to you all. love
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/10/08 10:58 AM
Keep writing. That was sad and very beautifully written.

BJ
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: The Fall of Cherry Blossoms - 06/11/08 07:22 PM
It's a poignant story, but you can't end it there. Loss, even when it's a tremendous loss, cannot be allowed to take over life. Yes Superman is a "real" person who grieves, but there has to be a time when grieving ends. Those voices calling for help won't cease just because he's grieving. He may get lost for awhile, but somehow, sometime he needs to find the road back home to who he really is.

Elisabeth
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards