Print Thread
#51963 05/09/08 06:21 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Finally, someone with a clue! Good ol' Bernie. smile1

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#51964 05/09/08 02:48 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hooray someone is gonna save Clark! I was getting worried how much longer you were going to have him linger in a coma.

Hurry back

#51965 05/09/08 05:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah sunshine always helps.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#51966 05/09/08 05:06 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Dr. Kline to the rescue! smile1 Maybe now they will unseal the tomb Clark is locked in. wink

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
#51967 05/09/08 11:32 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Poussin,

I'm sorry about you worrying about lack of fdk. I know exactly how that feels.

I haven't left fdk because I've been on vacation and only got back earlier this week and it's taken me a while to catch up with the MBs.

I'm enjoying this story, and I'm so glad that Dr Klein is now on the case. I love stories involving Bernard. wink

I also liked the fact that you had Sam Lane try to help Superman.

Hopefully, now Dr Klein has found out about sunlight, Superman will soon recover and Lois will find her Clark. smile

I too have only one point to make. I'm sure Martha and Jonathan would be in Metropolis. They know exactly where Clark is, and they can't be with Superman, but I'm sure they wouldn't stay in Smallville. Martha, at least, would want to be close at hand, I think, in case she was needed.

Looking forward to the next part.
Yours Jenni

#51968 05/09/08 11:48 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
As all of you, I'm so glad Bernie is there!
I like Bernie a lot, but I am not happy with the way I wrote him in the next part. You'll see what I mean. I didn't succeed to make him justice.

When I was writing the story, I was so eager to come to the part when Bernie came into the scene. I'm glad you too like Bernie's appearance smile

I was getting worried how much longer you were going to have him linger in a coma.
Oh yeah! It definitely was time! wink

Maybe now they will unseal the tomb Clark is locked in.
hm... Maybe... cool goofy

I too have only one point to make. I'm sure Martha and Jonathan would be in Metropolis. They know exactly where Clark is, and they can't be with Superman, but I'm sure they wouldn't stay in Smallville.
Hi, Jenni. I'm always extactic when one of my favourites writer let me a feedback. Wow!

If Martha and Jonathan aren't coming yet in Metropolis, it's because they're afraid that people would be wondering why they aren't properly worried about finding Clark, since they know already what's happening to their son. They want to come, but they're afraid of the consequences for him. But rest reassured, I had'nt forgotten about them, and they will in Metropolis before the story is over smile

#51969 05/10/08 03:13 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay for this post!

I like how Dr. Klein finds a solution to the problem. Poor Clark! No wonder he didn't wake up with all the blinds shut.

Your story is great, poussin. Thanks for translating. I know that this is tough work, I, too, tried it. But unfortunately I found it impossible to transfer my ideas into another language. I'm impressed that you manage it. Don't give up, I want to read the rest of it.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#51970 05/11/08 01:26 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm really impressed with the story. I know translating can be rough. It's much easier to come up with an entirely new story, so that you can express ideas limited to the language you already know. laugh

I'm glad that the doctors aren't arguing among themselves. It would be a lot more difficult if one thought he exhibited symptoms of radiation poisoning and another said that he didn't.

It was touching to see that Sam cared about Lois, even though he's not been the ideal father for her.

Elisabeth

#51971 05/11/08 08:45 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yes, translate the story is quite difficult. My first two stories, I wrote them directly in englis, an then I translated them in french. But this one asked to be written so much I had to put it out my system quickly. It took me a little less than a week to write it in french, and more than a year and half to translate it. Though work, really.

It was touching to see that Sam cared about Lois, even though he's not been the ideal father for her.
Yes. I wanted that scene for myself. I have a really bad father. He makes me, my mother, my sister and my two brothers live in hell when he's there. He's alcoholic, violent, racist, ...
And when he is sober, he completely ignores us, as if we didn't exist at all. I know for sure I'm wrong but I like to think that maybe he likes us anyway, and just doesn't have a clue how to behave. So, I wanted him to show Lois that even if he never knew how to be a good father, he likes her anyway.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard