Print Thread
#51846 05/05/08 11:46 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so the sequel is going to be posted... when exactly?

I *knew* you couldn't get them married off this quickly! Kaylie certainly has the right idea - including the possibility of alien abduction [though technically Clark wasn't *abducted*] - just do it.

You caught me by surprise with the Mrs. Cox thing. Not so much with the Jay/Ellie thing though you did with the kiss at that moment.

Love that Lois wanted Jon to break up with Kaylie over her ice cream choice wink .

And that Jonathan was Jon's Superman *sniffle* on so many levels. It's sad that Clark isn't Jon's Superman - not because he is Superman but because that he's Jon's Dad and, in theory, that's his role. On the other hand, I'm glad Jonathan was there for Jon when Clark wasn't able to for whatever reason. Seriously, tears in eyes here.

Okay - dinner time for kiddos and anxiously awaiting part 3 of this saga!
Carol

#51847 05/05/08 06:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw adorable. I really like these characters. I hope you post some more on the nfic side<g> laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#51848 05/06/08 10:49 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, great ending. Great Ellie/Jay stuff. Ellie figuring it out clap Can't wait to see [insert next relationship virtue here - Trust, perhaps?]

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#51849 05/06/08 07:16 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks guys! I have to confess I was a little paranoid about posting the ending because I've had a bad history with endings in the first two fics I had written. Glad to know that this one passed inspection.

And as I've said before, I am currently working on a sequel. I'm taking it slow because some plot points are still a little blurry for me, but I'm hoping to start posting within a week or two. I can never really hold out for long without testing things out on the boards.

Thanks so much for reading this fic, and I hope you all enjoyed it!

#51850 05/06/08 10:52 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Beth S.:
I'm taking it slow because some plot points are still a little blurry for me,
You know if you need a test audience or help brainstorming... wink

/me whistles innocently
Carol

#51851 05/07/08 11:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, so I finally got around to reading this. Well, properly anyway. I looked at it the other night but was too tired to give any fdk and had forgotten what it was about the next morning. blush

Great job with the whole story Beth. Nice ending and that flashback made me sniffle a bit - 'You were always my Superman. And you always will be.' Aaaw.

I also particularly enjoyed

“Oh, stuff a sock in it, why don’t you?”
laugh

Looking forward to reading Chemistry... wink

(/me whistles innocently too)

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#51852 05/08/08 05:18 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
See I had this theory that Sharon Fleming wasn’t exactly the bad guy of the story, and we would find out, it was actually Mrs. Cox. Which would be a big twist, because I knew that you wouldn’t bring up Mrs. Cox's name for nothing. But something gave it away in the beginning of the revelation scene. The Kryptonite necklace! So it was like I had suggested in the first place. Mrs. Cox changed names...

Fidelity was great, very good job Beth.

“Well...” She seemed unsure of how to continue. “Jay and I went there already today,” she finally finished, deliberately not making eye contact with any of us.

“What?!” her parents simultaneously exploded.

“Isn’t that the same place that that doctor narrowly escaped from? Why would you do something that risky?” Clark demanded.

“Ellie, how many times have we told you to be more careful?” Lois implored.

Lucy let out a terrific snort
Who this two think they are? Can you say hypocritical?

Ellie zipped over to her and grabbed her arms appearing much larger than she actually was. “Where is he?” she demanded coldly.

“Who?” Gertrude asked, looking truly terrified.

“You know who!” Ellie exclaimed, shaking her slightly. And I saw a glimpse of the same terrifying expression I must’ve worn echoed in Ellie’s face.

“Down the hall,” Gertrude squeaked in fear. “The fourth door on the left side.” Ellie dumped her unceremoniously on the floor.
I can almost see Mrs. Cox rolling her eyes and thinking “armature”! :rolleyes:

I blinked and saw Ellie kneeling in front of him, kissing him with more enthusiasm than I thought possible. They broke apart, and I thought Jay would utter some snide comment or something to shoot her down. But he surprised me.
Oh, look at that, how would have thought?! eek thumbsup When do you start posting the sequel? laugh

#51853 05/08/08 10:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Ellie, how many times have we told you to be more careful?” Lois implored.

Lucy let out a terrific snort, and all heads turned to look at her. “Sorry,” she blushed as she tucked her body against her large husband for protection.

“The information Dr. Winslow gave Kaylie was incomplete,” Ellie defended. “I needed to find out more. And we were really careful!”

“That’s something I haven’t heard before,” Clark muttered sarcastically under his breath.
rotflol

Lois frowned, concentrating on Fleming’s face. Then finally, something clicked for Lois. “Mrs. Cox?” She asked incredulously.
eek Seriously? Be careful, Lois. Talk about a woman with a vendetta to settle...

I stood and watched them for a moment, dumbfounded. Earlier today in the lab… so *that’s* what I had been walking in on. Duh. Why hadn’t I thought of it before? Early prejudices based on what I had seen before? But Jon didn’t remember that from before… “Did you know about… about this?” I asked him, gesturing wildly at the pair.
Can we say Clue x 4?

“Did I ever tell you that whenever I use my heat vision, I think back to the first time you taught me how to use it? It’s true. I always see this pan of water sitting on the ground in the barn, and I hear your voice coaching me. And when I’m Supernova, it’s like you’re along for the ride. And that’s how I remember you.
Awww, Jon's speech was really touching. I know it's cliche, but I'm glad he realizes his grandfather isn't really gone. He'll always be in the memories.

“Well, I don’t know about all the other stuff, but I’ll have you know that I am half alien.” He leered comically towards me. “And I’d be more than willing to take you to some far-off distant place any time you please.”
And the worst pick-up line ever goes tooooo.... rotflol

Aww a very happy ending. Thank you for writing this story! I look forward to more pieces from you.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#51854 05/08/08 08:11 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks gr8, dede, and Jen!

I hope that the last flashback helped to clear up Jon's relationship with his dad and grandfather that some people were wondering about in previous posts. Although Jon still loves and respects his father, he still idolized his grandfather in a way that many young boys do with their fathers. Which isn't really a bad thing, necessarily, it's just a different dynamic than the classified "norm".

For the sequel I want to see more of Ellie, and more background on Jon and Ellie’s childhood, on flashbacks. Flashbacks on Kaylie’s life are appreciated as well, why is it only Jon who gets the fun?! I mean, Kaylie’s past is so interesting, she has a twin brother, and she never got her father’s approval, seriously, we are missing it!
Well, that's quite a wishlist, dede! I can definitely promise you more of Ellie. And Jay. Lots more of Ellie and Jay. In fact, you'll get so much of them that you might start to wonder if the whole story is about them! wink

Thanks again for reading, guys, and for your comments!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard