Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wow. What a way to start a story!

My first thought when I found out what Supes had 'done' was that it was a trick somehow - that they'd thrown her body in there and that he hadn't actually killed her. Blood on the hands doesn't necessarily mean he killed her.

The pain in his hips is interesting. Is it because he just hadn't moved in so long or that there's something wrong with them?

Did Henderson find Lois? Or a clone? Who was dead at Clark's feet? Where are his powers? Why didn't Bobby call Clark too? Didn't want to get his hopes up or did he not know exactly what Henderson would find?

So... Part 2 will be up when exactly?
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Moving mine over here...

You're a master, you know that? You mention a couple hours ago that you want to write something, and suddenly you're posting the first chapter! And what a glorious first chapter. The angst, it's beauteous!

thanks to Cape Fetish (who also suggested the title)
Glad to help! And can you imagine, me coming up with a title? Lara would be so proud!

He knew that they loved him, but even though they assured him that what had happened hadn’t been his fault; he could still hear the resentment in their voice, the disappointment with every word they spoke. He couldn’t say that he really blamed them. In all honestly, he had to wonder how they could even look at him at all, let alone speak to him.
My heart's already breaking for him!

Somehow, for some reason, he had slipped the ring back on during the course of the day.
Love this, so sad and sweet.

Little more than three months ago; thirteen weeks, three days, and seventeen hours, to be more precise, they had taken him by surprise.
Aww, their little countdown. *sniffle*

“I’ve forgotten how to be without any of it.”
whinging

“Lois?”
Dun dun dun!!!

I've seen a bit more, but you'd better bet I want MORE, and SOON!!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy
Nice start. So I'm going to assume that Clark did not kill anyone but was setup. The Green & RedK messed him up and they used something (Holograms?) to make him think he'd killed someone and they dumped a dead body on him.

So what have they done to Lois?

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yipes.

A confused and muddled heap is our Clark. A damaged and possibly unhinged remnant is our Lois. And he thinks he killed her? And now the powers have left him?

I wonder how much of that is the result of the Kryptonite exposure and how much is psychosomatic. Because he blames himself for Lois's death, and specifically he blames the use of his powers, he's not allowed to use them because he's been a bad boy with them. I wonder how long it will be before Henderson gets word to Clark - no, wait, Lois won't want him to tell Clark because of something that happened to her while she was "away." And she won't share that with anyone, either, maybe because she doesn't quite know herself what was done to her.

Am I close? Doesn't matter. This is going to be a very interesting trip, especially since not all is what it seems. Dum da dum dum daaaaaa!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
WHHHHEEEEE!!! Great beginning, Cat. Lovely angst. Lovely mystery. More, more, more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to help! And can you imagine, me coming up with a title? Lara would be so proud!
That, and jealous, too. *lol* You don't come up with titles for meeeeeeee! wink

And I have to agree with you on the mastery -- cause one second I get a buzz on MSN saying "do you think this is a good idea" and an hour later, she sends me just about the entire chapter. I wish I could work like that. OMG, do I wish!

I'm just sorry I wasn't around to help beta or anything. *sniffles* Maybe next time?

This is just so amazingly full of angst and is written so, so well. I totally bow to you, Brucie. notworthy And I cannot *wait* to see the next parts!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I haven't had time to read it, yet, but I thought I would peak just to taunt myself a bit.
This originally started out because I wanted to torture poor Clark.
I suppose your muse works a little different than most. Doesn't it? (I must confess that I can be a tad sadistic in my writing, too, though. For one thing, I've written a few TEs in my day.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow, what a start jawdrop hail ... so ... Part 2 comes when?

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Stole a few minutes that I definitely didn't have to spare just to read this. My first thought was that even if Superman was out of his mind, he would go to her if he could. If she were already bleeding then her blood would be on his hands.

His depression is so deep it's a tangible force in that house. So telling that he even needs help to open the PB.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wowee wow! eek Can't wait for seconds.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I like it! Please post more soon.

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This originally started out because I wanted to torture poor Clark.
You're certainly doing a good job while torturing *us* in the process grovel grovel

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
eek Wow, that was really disturbing. When will you be posting part 2?

On a final note, before I get murderlized for this part, not everything is as it seems. Bum bum BUUUUUUUUM!!!
Thank goodness. a'cause if everything was as it seemed, I'm not sure my tender sensibilities could take reading much more of this story.

Great beginning.
BJ

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wooee! Thanks to everyone who commented! And I know, its shocking that I'm actually responding! (I'm horrible at that... Gotta work on it more! But, that does NOT mean that I don't enjoy reading everyone's lovely FDK. I'm just a lazy brat who procrastinates for far too long...)

Carol Very true about the blood on his hands not meaning he actually killed her. Hmm! Oh the pondery!

And I'm not exactly sure WHY his hips hurt. Maybe because mine were at the time? Hmm. I'll have to ask him laugh

And Henderson found Lois, not a clone. And Bobby didn't call Clark because people don't exactly know where he is :-O

And Part Two SHOULD be up soonish laugh

Cape Fetish More SHALL indeed come soon! wink And mastery? blush Aww shucks!

Framework Oh noes! Not the scary head hunter dude!

And nope, no holograms! We shall find out what happened soon, muahaha!

Terry You're close on some things, I can tell you that! Hee! And I hope it IS an interesting trip! ^_^

MrsMosley Thanks! And more shall come soon!

LaraMoon Awww! twins Yes, you can hewp beta! Yay! And hee, these bouts of writing a lot are sadly few and far between wink I've been stuck on the last few paragraphs for several days now, you know! *hugs*

Elisabeth Why yes, my muse DOES work differently! I don't know why, but he's a devious little critter that enjoys to cackle insanely... or am I confusing him with myself?

lcfan4ever Woo thanks! Glad you enjoyed! And a bow-y guy, too? Squee! Part Two shall come out soon! Myaha!

Elisabeth Part Deux Well you know, sometimes peanut butter jars can be hard to open! Especially when a roommate twists the cap back on that it takes the jaws of life to get it unstuck... but yes, poor Clark! And eep! Hopefully you got those minutes back somehow. But thanks for using them on the story laugh

gr8shadesofElvis Mmm yes! Hopefully you won't be dissapointed! laugh

eminMN I like that you liked! laugh

Carolyn Why thank you! I try to spread nice evil torture around when I can. blush And yes, I can tell you that Lois IS indeed Lois. Muahaha!

BJ Aww shucks! I tried with the disturbingness. But hopefully, your tender sensibilities WILL be able to read the rest of the story...

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ack! How did I miss this? I'm so freakin' behind. grumble

Ooh, love the scary premise (yay Clark!torture). I only wish I had the time to sit down with all the parts!

wallbash

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard