Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
No one has left feedback on this yet? And I don't even have much time!

Terry, I'm still really enjoying this story, and it was nice to see some emotional healing for Lana's father. Hopefully this will help Jonathan to heal as well.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

Martha turned to Jonathan. “Honey, do you still have those microwave meals in the big freezer?”

“I think there are six or seven still out there.”

“You told me you didn’t want them, didn’t you?”

He smiled a little. “I did, and yes, Lois can have them.” He stepped forward. “They aren’t all that tasty, Lois, but they’re big and filling and they’re easy to cook.”

She smiled. “Sounds like they’re made for me. Tell me where they are and I’ll get them.” She pointed to Clark. “You. Dial the phone.”
He smiled a little! eek

“The police know where the explosives were placed. They know that they were military-grade demolition charges, that SEMTEX stuff they use to blow up bridges and hardened gun emplacements. They know that they were rigged to bring down the whole building – which they did – and they know that the blasts were set off using a very sophisticated radio remote control.”
I think Trask behind everything. thumbsup

The phone found the cradle, and the tired editor leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. They hadn’t really found anything incriminating on anyone. The only possible lead he could come up with was the name Alex Winfield. Whoever he was, he kept showing up in documentation concerning Luthor’s personal business deals.

But he also showed up in transactions involving Bob Fences and his software company. Granted, Winfield was a computer programmer, but why was he involved with so many different companies? Fences and Luthor had little in common, since Luthor built and used the hardware while Fences wrote the software that ran on Luthor’s machines.
He didn't tell Clark about Alex Winfield? confused

But he tossed and turned until the wee hours of the morning, trying to think of something else to do, some other avenue of investigation to pursue. He was glad that Alice’s work with the DA’s office sometimes kept her awake, too, so he knew she would understand when he got up to move to the guest room.

It didn’t help. He woke up abruptly at five-fifteen the next morning following a frightening dream he couldn’t remember, with no clearer idea of how to proceed than he had had the night before.
Did something happen to Alice? eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
And I'm just going to add something very short. I'm really enjoying this story, and I'm fascinated by how you play on everybody's emotions so strongly. As a reader, I can't help but respond. That tells me that the the whole tale is very skillfully told.

Hom typical somehow that Dennis Lang would come to accuse Clark of practically murdering his daughter just as the Kent family was going through a major crisis. But it was really fascinating to see how everything was resolved. Dennis Lang seemed to find great comfort in what Clark and Lois told him. It seemed that not only could he come to terms with the fact that Lana was dead, but he could also find some comfort in knowing the facts about how she had died, too, and what she had done with the last hours of her life.

Anyway, this is a reminder that Clark and Lois surely have a bumpy road ahead of them. If they do fall in love and want to get married, they will have to deal with not only Jonathan's reaction but Dennis Lang's as well. Maybe Dennis Lang will be more of a supporter of them than Jonathan will be.

This remains a very fascinating story.

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm not feeling up to leaving feedback tonight, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated this segment.

Elisabeth
who has been brought to her knees by just a couple of germs

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the feedback, y'all! Yeah, that was a mean thing to do to the Kent family, dropping Dennis and Ginny on their doorstep in the middle of a crisis. But I think the immediate problems have been dealt with, and now we're going to find out how Lex and Rebecca react to their respective prospective lovers' sudden reappearances. And maybe we'll learn something more about the 'boss' too.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You know that it gives me the heebie jeebies when you use the word "lover" and you're referring to Lois and Lex. Connotations and all that nonsense.

Elisabeth

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lisa wrote:
You know that it gives me the heebie jeebies when you use the word "lover" and you're referring to Lois and Lex. Connotations and all that nonsense.
Please note that I qualified them as "prospective lovers" in order to remind everyone that no one has crossed the "intimacy threshold" yet. And if my betas have their way, it won't happen.

But then, since when do I listen to beta readers?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
And if my betas have their way, it won't happen.
He's not kidding; I for one have been saying NOOOOO all along! It's a darn good thing you're such a good writer, Terry, otherwise I'd really be in despair. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard