Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Say what you will, but remember it was on the spur of the moment... smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa, Sara! This is great! thumbsup

You had me almost fooled, you know; I was reading it and thinking that it all made perfect sense for Clark to be thinking of Lois like that - her refusal to see him for who he really is, her determination to keep him only as a friend. And yet some part of me was telling me that it might not be Clark... wink

This shows us how right Kaethel is to argue that in many ways Lex has similarities to Superman - is this where the idea came from? They're each, in different ways, the most powerful man in Metropolis. And, yes, Lex could arrange to have her apartment cleaned for her in seconds... by sending in a maid service. wink And, yes, Lois moons over Superman while leaving both Lex and Clark dangling. There are some terrific parallels in here!

Excellent! And very thought-provoking, even without that classic twist at the end. I love it!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoa, Sara!! Feel free to blame me for that sort of thing any time! As Wendy said it's extremely insightful and thought-provoking. And I love it that you managed to draw not only parallels between Lex and Superman, but also between Clark and Lex. Extremely well done! notworthy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful, Sara! We get so few introspective pieces from Lex's pov, so this was a refreshing change.

You captured him so perfectly here, his way of speaking, his thought processes, that I never thought it was Clark. You sent chills down my spine from the opening paragraphs, just in the same way that John Shea did on screen, with that chilling obsessive and twisted idea of what love is and I could hear him so clearly in my head. <shudder>

As others have said, insightful and original. clap clap

LabRat (taking a break from one superb Sara story to read another wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wow, Sara, this was great. thumbsup And that is a big compliment from me because of how much I hate Lex and refuse to read almost anything where he is a main character wink .

I suspected it was Lex all along from the title -- and I hate Lex -- so I am really surprised I enjoyed this story. You've captured Lex's character wonderfully. He is just so horrible, so slimey, so . . . okay I won't go on wink .

I hope we see more stories from you soon laugh ,
- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm impressed!! smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Heyya Wendy, Kaethel, LabRat and Laura! wave

Whoa...thank you all so much! I can’t believe you all spotted this so fast...makes me feel *very* bad for my procrastinate tendencies...

This shows us how right Kaethel is to argue that in many ways Lex has similarities to Superman - is this where the idea came from?
Kaethel, you argue that? Wtg! smile But to be honest, not really, Wendy. The Clone Arc was on recently on UKGold, and as I was watching it I couldn’t help but think that Lex really *did* love Lois, as he said to Clark, regardless of how generally ick his personality was...(hey, that’s just my opinion smile ) and it came partly from that. But really it just hit me outta nowhere smile another form of procrastination as well, I was trying to come up with an excuse not to work on Unfinished Business.../me ducks and runs

And I love it that you managed to draw not only parallels between Lex and Superman, but also between Clark and Lex. Extremely well done!
Aww, thanks Kae! Yup, I had mad fun trying to put my twisted logic down on paper...<g>

You captured him so perfectly here, his way of speaking, his thought processes, that I never thought it was Clark. You sent chills down my spine from the opening paragraphs, just in the same way that John Shea did on screen, with that chilling obsessive and twisted idea of what love is and I could hear him so clearly in my head. <shudder>
I’m stuck between blushing and sighing that you seem to be the only one who escaped from the net so far...ah, lets go *blush* anyway. Thanks Labby!

LabRat (taking a break from one superb Sara story to read another)
Okay, I’m definitely going blush now...awww! Thank you!

And...hmm... ‘Sara story.’ That has a nice ring to it!

Wow, Sara, this was great. And that is a big compliment from me because of how much I hate Lex and refuse to read almost anything where he is a main character
Aww, thanks Laura!

But you hate Lex? Aw, come on! I know he was a bit of a *incoherent mumble* but every show needs an evil villain and he is the one to beat all others...

I suspected it was Lex all along from the title
Aww! Another wriggler...would you believe I got that title from a MasterCard ad? ***Cue the dancing shamrock hats...*** Deep voice: “There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard!”

I hope we see more stories from you soon
I’m trying, I’m trying hard!!!

Anyway, thanks again all and night smile

Sara.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story! goofy

Thank God it was Luthor. rotflol

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Sorry Pel and Maria! You slipped in there without me noticing... this'll be a quick one 'coz it's getting waaaaaaaay late smile

You actually cooked this up in 30 minutes or less, read it over maybe once, didn't bother with a beta, opened the fanfic folder, pressed "new topic", typed the title, and then pasted your story and then - the scariest bit - pressed "Add New Topic".... Sorry, just trying to imagine myself doing that, it sounds so *darn easy*!!
No. Trust me. No it was not <g>. My knees were knocking as I opened this folder... smile But everyone has been wonderful so far!

I wish I had the guts to do that! Me, when I write something, I'm like the type of girl - err, pelican! - that needs to read it over twenty times, and then rewrite it another twenty times... Promise you'll tell me your secret on how you do this??
Sure! It's the Tipperary air, you see. Makes me go hyper , specially in August wink . As you can see, it works...when you wanna do something crazy smile

Again, this was wonderful, and I hope I'll see many more stories from you!
Aww, thank you and I hope to see many more messages from you!

Anyway, I'd better sign off before I start repeating repeating myself smile

Thank you both once again!
Sara (yawning)

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lex is evil! I really do not like him! But I love this story! I was almost completely thinking it was Clark, and I say almost for one reason. I don't know what that one reason is, I guess just a suspicion that it might not be him... The Florence comment got me thinking... In my mind, Clark would not fly Lois there as Superman, then tell her his secret... So then I thought then that it probably would not be him thinking all this... Anyways, I think I'm starting to sound like Lois here with all this babbling, so I'll go now! Great (but also just a little evil) story!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is great! thumbsup

I agree with Labby. I could hear Lex's twisted logic -- which you did an incredible job of capturing! -- from very early on. Gave me shivers!

Keep up the good work! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Sara, cute story.

From your title and the hint of an evil idea being behind it, we all pretty much gathered that it was Lex who was doing the 'talking'.

As others said, the parallels were nicely drawn and your thought pattern fit Lex very well.

NEXT!

Tank (who wished Lois would have remained that breezy and non-commital with Lex all along)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! This is great. smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow very good Sara! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh. Vewy vewy clever.

It sounded like a Lex related story from the title, but if you hadn't described Lois' tasks as 'menial,' I would have completely thought it was Clark.

Creepy and Perceptive
Jen thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sara,

Just a quick comment here, I really should be sleeping. <g> This was absolutely wonderful! You hit the Lex logic right on the head, and it chilled me to the bone. Write more, soon!

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had a sneaking suspicion this one was Lex from the very beginning. You were very careful to stay away from anything directly identifying the person who is thinking all this, so the longer that continued, the more obvious it was Lex.

Nice way to show how Superman and Luthor are so similar, which explains why Lois was attracted to both of them.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You got me! Congratulations!

party

Gabriele
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara,
very well done
great story
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Priceless!

Since I have the bad habit of reading the FDK folders before reading the actual fanfics, I knew this was Lex before I began. But that did not lessen my enjoyment of this one bit. This was very well done, completely in character, and quite insightful. Excellent writing.

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard