Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
When I first saw this I thought it was going to be another lovely Home vignette about another one of the extended Kent family. Imagine my surprise when I found a whole Clark and Lori journalism conference fic coming our way!!!

Me:
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Of course, I should be working on a paper, but that wasn't going to stop me from reading this!!!

I love Clark and Lori! And Mary sounds so sweet! And Lara is going to have another baby! That threw me off guard, though I suppose it makes sense since she's super and all. If Clark can have kids in his 100s, I suppose it makes sense that Lara can in her... 90s? I forget how old she is now. Yeah, since CJ is 100, she must be in her 90s. Ronnie's gonna be a big sister!!!

I can't wait to see what's going to happen. I look forward to getting to know Eclipse and seeing life on the moon.

I'm glad you're recovering enough to give us this!!!! Here's to continuing recovery! And more fic too smile .

Carol [who really can't concentrate on her paper with four kids fighting with each other and who is now really glad she reread parts of Home recently and contemplated rereading parts of Circle of Fate today but couldn't let herself because of said paper]

Features Writer
Features Writer
Another Nan story? Sign me up.

T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
hyper Yes, another Home story.

Please continue I love your writing style and looking forward to reading the next Home installment. dance

Kerth
Kerth
What a nice way to start the morning! Breakfast and Home, Yay!

Now if I can just keep crumbs out of the laptop...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
Woot!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yay, more Home! Lovely beginning. I enjoyed the reference to Circle of Fate, too - it's my favorite one. Looking forward to more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper Yippee!!! More Home!!!!

I have one little technical question.

Clark signed them in with a thumbscan. Wouldn't it show that Clark had been there thirty years ealier?

And that also got another thing going in my mind. If thumbscans are common, then how long have they been in use? If it has been for very long, then shouldn't Clark be identified with the 'earlier' version of himself?

Just a niggle, that's all.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
Back... Nan are you going to tell us where Eclipse fits?... it's not in Artemis' confused

J hyper

P.S. Kent Tree 1

Kent Tree 2

Superhero Chart

For new Home addic.. eh.. fans wink

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Eclipse is Jonas Kent's brother, Zebadiah Kent.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Kerth
Kerth
Ah... Perry Kent (Vortex) and Alisha Thomas second? son... probably Artemis will add it to the charts when the story is finished.

Thanks Nan smile

J

Kerth
Kerth
Oh, this is terrific! And I already love this particular idea:

She shook her head. "I suppose it might be if I hadn't gotten to know her but I did. That's the thing. I saw part of me in her, and that made it real." She looked at him, a trace of speculation in her gaze. "You know, I wonder who they are in this time."

"Who?"

"The ones you knew in the Twentieth Century. I wonder which one is Perry White and which one is Jimmy Olsen. Or Bernard Klein."
Yes! I've been wondering about that myself. So, let's offer a few guesses. Since you already hinted that Ronnie is a lot like Martha, I won't have to guess about her - or Jonathan. What was the name of Ronnie's husband again? Something with Brent, wasn't it? *look at chart* Ah, Mason.

So, John Olsen might be either Perry or Jimmy reborn, I'm not 100% sure. I tend to think of him as Jimmy because he never talks Elvis, though. wink

And Marcy Lyons? Might she be Cat reborn? laugh The bickering is pretty much the same between the Lyons sisters as it used to be between Cat and Lois.

I think that Lori's parents might be Lois' parents in their next incarnation. Would explain a few things about their rather strange relationship.

And Oliver Brent - he's a lot like Henderson, isn't he? *g* Cop, totally honest...

Uma Kent might be Lana Lang. Maybe. She definitely is spoiled enough.

Ryan Kent... Maybe Dan Scardino? Well, maybe not because if my guesses were right, he'd be married to the "new" Cat Grant. Anyway, isn't it a pity the real Cat never got to meet the real Dan?

Wasn't there a non-superpowered descendant of Clark's who was a great scientist? Arnie Frazier? Isn't he a lot like good old Bernie?

Of course, I also love the new pregnancy in the family. It's really funny to think of the poor father-to-be. He's already in his ninties or even beyond, and he doesn't look quite as young as Lara, does he? *g* Well, I can imagine him being shell-shocked by the news. And, of course, I love the irony of Lara's daughter Ronnie being the one to get the test results first. smile That family is so weird - in a positive way. Can't wait to read more.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Someone new to add to the tree! Yes, Eclipse is Titan's brother and Vortex's son with Alisha Thomas. I'll wait and update as the story progresses. Nan may have more as the story unfolds. I just saw that Robert Bernard Klein, Lara's new son, is already on the chart. There was no hint he was so much younger than Ronnie!
Eagerly waiting for more -
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nan,

Many thanks for the new storyline on the HOME Series. Part 1 is absolutely BRILLIANT!! wave

Stuart

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Mister Data:

Clark signed them in with a thumbscan. Wouldn't it show that Clark had been there thirty years ealier?

And that also got another thing going in my mind. If thumbscans are common, then how long have they been in use? If it has been for very long, then shouldn't Clark be identified with the 'earlier' version of himself?
No idea on the second one but...

Clark and Lois would have been there in 2047 for their 50th anniversary. It's now 2100ish [was 2099 when Lori went all "Back to the Future"]. Maybe Nan meant 50 years? Anyway, surely if there were thumbscans from earlier, Clark would have been able to make use of the Decade of Unrest [isn't that what it's called?] to delete it all as part of how he was able to erase his original documentation or whatever?

Anyway, those were the thoughts that occurred to me. I'm not sure what 30 years might refer to [unless Nan meant their 70th anniversary or something]. I'm sure she'll let us know smile .
Carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Clark took Lois there for their 50th wedding anniversary, which would have been in 2046. He'd also been to Luna City 30 years ago for something else. I'm quite sure there would be plenty of ways to get rid of those thumb prints over the years, even if they keep the records for that long, and besides, who says he stayed at the Luna Hilton that time? There would probably be a division of the Superman Foundation that routinely took records of trips and erased the prints of their long-lived members from computer records.

Nan

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
There you go smile .

Thanks, Nan.
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wee! More Home-Goodness.

Thanks to Nan for feeding us crazies more and more of this version of the future of LnC.

Can't wait to read more about this part in the adventures of Lori and Clark.

~Sira.

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Just wanted to let everyone know, I *am* working on the next part. It's just that with the recovery from the tummy tuck I can't stay at the computer for long stretches and I get tired easily, which makes it hard to think. Still, the story is progressing.

Nan

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Love the Beging Lara hsaving another baby cool

Shelley
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Are there any of Clark's decendents that wasn't able to marry their soulmate because their opposite was already married to someone else?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard