Lois & Clark Forums
When I first saw this I thought it was going to be another lovely Home vignette about another one of the extended Kent family. Imagine my surprise when I found a whole Clark and Lori journalism conference fic coming our way!!!

Me:
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Of course, I should be working on a paper, but that wasn't going to stop me from reading this!!!

I love Clark and Lori! And Mary sounds so sweet! And Lara is going to have another baby! That threw me off guard, though I suppose it makes sense since she's super and all. If Clark can have kids in his 100s, I suppose it makes sense that Lara can in her... 90s? I forget how old she is now. Yeah, since CJ is 100, she must be in her 90s. Ronnie's gonna be a big sister!!!

I can't wait to see what's going to happen. I look forward to getting to know Eclipse and seeing life on the moon.

I'm glad you're recovering enough to give us this!!!! Here's to continuing recovery! And more fic too smile .

Carol [who really can't concentrate on her paper with four kids fighting with each other and who is now really glad she reread parts of Home recently and contemplated rereading parts of Circle of Fate today but couldn't let herself because of said paper]
Another Nan story? Sign me up.
hyper Yes, another Home story.

Please continue I love your writing style and looking forward to reading the next Home installment. dance
What a nice way to start the morning! Breakfast and Home, Yay!

Now if I can just keep crumbs out of the laptop...
Woot!! smile1
Yay, more Home! Lovely beginning. I enjoyed the reference to Circle of Fate, too - it's my favorite one. Looking forward to more!
hyper Yippee!!! More Home!!!!

I have one little technical question.

Clark signed them in with a thumbscan. Wouldn't it show that Clark had been there thirty years ealier?

And that also got another thing going in my mind. If thumbscans are common, then how long have they been in use? If it has been for very long, then shouldn't Clark be identified with the 'earlier' version of himself?

Just a niggle, that's all.

James
Back... Nan are you going to tell us where Eclipse fits?... it's not in Artemis' confused

J hyper

P.S. Kent Tree 1

Kent Tree 2

Superhero Chart

For new Home addic.. eh.. fans wink
Eclipse is Jonas Kent's brother, Zebadiah Kent.

Nan
Ah... Perry Kent (Vortex) and Alisha Thomas second? son... probably Artemis will add it to the charts when the story is finished.

Thanks Nan smile

J
Oh, this is terrific! And I already love this particular idea:

She shook her head. "I suppose it might be if I hadn't gotten to know her but I did. That's the thing. I saw part of me in her, and that made it real." She looked at him, a trace of speculation in her gaze. "You know, I wonder who they are in this time."

"Who?"

"The ones you knew in the Twentieth Century. I wonder which one is Perry White and which one is Jimmy Olsen. Or Bernard Klein."
Yes! I've been wondering about that myself. So, let's offer a few guesses. Since you already hinted that Ronnie is a lot like Martha, I won't have to guess about her - or Jonathan. What was the name of Ronnie's husband again? Something with Brent, wasn't it? *look at chart* Ah, Mason.

So, John Olsen might be either Perry or Jimmy reborn, I'm not 100% sure. I tend to think of him as Jimmy because he never talks Elvis, though. wink

And Marcy Lyons? Might she be Cat reborn? laugh The bickering is pretty much the same between the Lyons sisters as it used to be between Cat and Lois.

I think that Lori's parents might be Lois' parents in their next incarnation. Would explain a few things about their rather strange relationship.

And Oliver Brent - he's a lot like Henderson, isn't he? *g* Cop, totally honest...

Uma Kent might be Lana Lang. Maybe. She definitely is spoiled enough.

Ryan Kent... Maybe Dan Scardino? Well, maybe not because if my guesses were right, he'd be married to the "new" Cat Grant. Anyway, isn't it a pity the real Cat never got to meet the real Dan?

Wasn't there a non-superpowered descendant of Clark's who was a great scientist? Arnie Frazier? Isn't he a lot like good old Bernie?

Of course, I also love the new pregnancy in the family. It's really funny to think of the poor father-to-be. He's already in his ninties or even beyond, and he doesn't look quite as young as Lara, does he? *g* Well, I can imagine him being shell-shocked by the news. And, of course, I love the irony of Lara's daughter Ronnie being the one to get the test results first. smile That family is so weird - in a positive way. Can't wait to read more.
Yay! Someone new to add to the tree! Yes, Eclipse is Titan's brother and Vortex's son with Alisha Thomas. I'll wait and update as the story progresses. Nan may have more as the story unfolds. I just saw that Robert Bernard Klein, Lara's new son, is already on the chart. There was no hint he was so much younger than Ronnie!
Eagerly waiting for more -
cool
Artemis
Hi Nan,

Many thanks for the new storyline on the HOME Series. Part 1 is absolutely BRILLIANT!! wave

Stuart
Originally posted by Mister Data:

Clark signed them in with a thumbscan. Wouldn't it show that Clark had been there thirty years ealier?

And that also got another thing going in my mind. If thumbscans are common, then how long have they been in use? If it has been for very long, then shouldn't Clark be identified with the 'earlier' version of himself?
No idea on the second one but...

Clark and Lois would have been there in 2047 for their 50th anniversary. It's now 2100ish [was 2099 when Lori went all "Back to the Future"]. Maybe Nan meant 50 years? Anyway, surely if there were thumbscans from earlier, Clark would have been able to make use of the Decade of Unrest [isn't that what it's called?] to delete it all as part of how he was able to erase his original documentation or whatever?

Anyway, those were the thoughts that occurred to me. I'm not sure what 30 years might refer to [unless Nan meant their 70th anniversary or something]. I'm sure she'll let us know smile .
Carol
Clark took Lois there for their 50th wedding anniversary, which would have been in 2046. He'd also been to Luna City 30 years ago for something else. I'm quite sure there would be plenty of ways to get rid of those thumb prints over the years, even if they keep the records for that long, and besides, who says he stayed at the Luna Hilton that time? There would probably be a division of the Superman Foundation that routinely took records of trips and erased the prints of their long-lived members from computer records.

Nan
There you go smile .

Thanks, Nan.
Carol
Wee! More Home-Goodness.

Thanks to Nan for feeding us crazies more and more of this version of the future of LnC.

Can't wait to read more about this part in the adventures of Lori and Clark.

~Sira.
Just wanted to let everyone know, I *am* working on the next part. It's just that with the recovery from the tummy tuck I can't stay at the computer for long stretches and I get tired easily, which makes it hard to think. Still, the story is progressing.

Nan
Love the Beging Lara hsaving another baby cool
Are there any of Clark's decendents that wasn't able to marry their soulmate because their opposite was already married to someone else?

James
Maybe, but since such stories don't have a good ending, I'm not going to write them. I don't like stories that end up with people being miserable.

Besides, maybe Marcy got someone else the last time around since Ryan married her for the first time in his 60s. If you remember, Lori and Marcy are the descendants of Lucy Lane.

Nan
Finally moving past Kerth stuff enough to catch this. Sweet premise with a lovely title. (Does the earth even reflect the sun's light? I've never thought about it.) I'm pretty sure I missed Circle of Fate, so I just may have to rectify that.

Elisabeth
<quote>Does the earth even reflect the sun's light? I've never thought about it.

Actually, Earth's reflectivity (albedo) is a little more than three times that of the Moon. See this link for an explanation. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/phyopt/albedo.html

Nan
On the great supporting structures huge lights, now unlit, would come on when the Moon passed behind the Earth, depriving the city of sunlight.
As long as astronomical questions are fair game, what you're describing is a lunar eclipse, which happens every few years.

However, the city would be deprived of sunlight for two weeks of every month just by the rotation of the moon. The moon does not rotate with respect to the Earth, but it does with respect to the Sun. That's why we have new moon, quarter moon, full moon, etc. It's not the Earth getting in the way, it's the body of the moon itself.

As you point out, though, the Earth is always in the sky and would be bright when the Sun is not in the sky.

I don't usually enjoy stories without Lois (even though Lori is kinda-Lois), but your stories are always great, and this one looks to be no exception! smile
Touche <g>. My only defense is not wishing to get into too deep an explanation of the physics of the situation. However, I think I can revise it to explain a little more clearly without getting too textbook-y.

Nan
I just noticed something while looking at the Kent family tree:
1) Little Mary Lucille is written in black.
Shouldn't she be written in red - with a blue asterisk?
2) Don't Marcy and Ryan have a second child (a boy?) who will turn out super, too? Maybe even a telepath? I remember something about that pregnancy...
2) Don't Marcy and Ryan have a second child (a boy?) who will turn out super, too? Maybe even a telepath? I remember something about that pregnancy...
1. Mary Lucille is in black because she was just born when I updated the chart and there was no way to know if she was super or had telepathy. Nan didn't mention any gene testing on her. The assumption would be that she probably is super, being at the same genetic level as CJ, Ann, Jon and Lara. But we don't really know yet.
2. Nan did mention in a story that Robbie was developing powers and telepathy. I sort of remember something about Marcy having another baby too, but I don't have a name or other info.
Over to Nan.
I've updated the chart, but will wait for more of the story before reposting it. It is a fair amount of work to rescan it. (For the nerd herd out there, if you simply save it as a .jpg, the resolution is a lot less than I can get with a scan and enhancing on software.)
The reason Robert Bernard Klein was on the chart was that Nan told me a long time ago that he was a human telepath, even though he had never appeared in a story until now.
cool
Artemis
Mary Lucille is half Kryptonian and will have all Clark's powers as well as the telepathy.

All we know about Marcy and Ryan's second baby is that it is on the way. By the time of Murder by Earthlight she's had it but we don't know what it is, yet.

Info on Eclipse. He is Zebadiah Kent, younger brother of Jonas Kent. He is married to Mariah Tillman and has three children: Wilson, Harris and Mercedes. Wilson has telepathy, Mercedes has super powers without telepathy, and Harris has both.

That's all I can tell you about the additions to the family tree so far.

Nan
Got it. Thanks, Nan
Artemis
Nan, I just wanted to make sure I was clear on my assumptions: because Clark is a full Kryptonian and the genes controlling telepathy and superpowers are dominant, any child he has will be superpowered and telepathic, right?
That's correct.

Nan
Hmm. Jon Kent doesn't have telepathy according to my chart. Did I miss something or was it supposed to be that way? The chart is ready to post except for clarification there. The delay was due to the fact that my hard drive had to be wiped due to corrupted OS and I had to reinstall FTP and had password trouble. Thanks to Zoomway's kindness, it all worked out.
Thanks
Artemis
I think there must have been an accidental omission when you transferred the chart, because Jon Kent does have telepathy. Being one of Clark's children, he inherits the entire range of super powers. Note that some of his descendants have the telepathy and they couldn't have inherited it if he didn't have it, since it is a dominant trait.

When you update the chart, just add the asterisk and that will fix it.

Nan
Yeah, I just checked my older files and it was there then. I just missed it when I made the auction poster.
As soon as Tiger wins, I'll scan and post.
cool
Artemis
Home. hyper

Michael
Originally posted by Artemis:
1. Mary Lucille is in black because she was just born when I updated the chart and there was no way to know if she was super or had telepathy. Nan didn't mention any gene testing on her. The assumption would be that she probably is super, being at the same genetic level as CJ, Ann, Jon and Lara. But we don't really know yet.
2. Nan did mention in a story that Robbie was developing powers and telepathy. I sort of remember something about Marcy having another baby too, but I don't have a name or other info.
Over to Nan.
cool
Artemis
2. Well, as far as I remember, Marcy was developing the appetite of a non-super woman pregnant with a super child, so I thought this might be an indicator of someone super in the making. wink But maybe I'm dead wrong here.
Hi Lara:
2. Well, as far as I remember, Marcy was developing the appetite of a non-super woman pregnant with a super child, so I thought this might be an indicator of someone super in the making. [Wink] But maybe I'm dead wrong here.
No, you're right. But I make no assumptions. Nan is the Captain of this boat and I'm only the XO (Executive Officer). I do nothing until she tells me it is so. And so now I can. For convenience:
REMEMBER TO REFRESH!!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cool
Artemis
/me peeks in

Ahem, the asterisk for Mike Kent (on the left hand side at the bottom of the first part of the chart) is red...

/me hides in shame for being so... well, whatever.
So it is. Thanks for noticing. I don't have a beta reader. smile
cool
Artemis
It's fixed.
cool
Artemis
Oh - and not to make your life more difficult... but Oliver Brent is now married to Velma Chow wink .

Have I ever mentioned how helpful this chart is? And how much I wish DH would let me dedicate a whole wall to it?!? wink .

Carol [who read a whole bunch of HOME again recently and just finished that one]
Velma is on there married to Oliver. Maybe you need to refresh.
Hmm... I had refreshed and it wasn't there but it is now... go figure smile .
Thanks.
C
Hi Carol:
I almost had a heart attack, then I saw Velma on the chart. I was sure I'd put her there.
I keep mine on two sheets in my file drawer. It's actually easier to read than a wall chart would be. I'm glad it's helpful. I sure would get lost without it.
cool
Artemis
Sorry - no heart attack intended smile .

Totally random... Nan, you probably have better things to do with your time but...

Do all superpowered descendants participate in the 'family business'? For instance, I noticed that 3 of CJ's kids are superpowered [Robert, Ellen and Lynn] but that we've never 'met' them. However, Ellen's son is the Blue Djinn [Ali] and his son Kamil is Typhoon. Are R/E/L superheroes that we haven't met yet or, for whatever reason [health of their non-super spouse maybe?] are 'retired' or not in 'the business'? For that matter... what is a pregnant superhero to do? Lara is pregnant now, and while there's probably little danger to her or baby, does Spandex stretch like that wink ? Is it more of a risk to let the world know that one of their superheroes is pregnant? Etc...

Okay - yeah, way over thinking this wink . And you don't actually have to answer Nan - just random ponderings... smile .

Carol [who really does have better things to do with her time than ponder the workings of Nan's Home universe but who enjoys this so much more...]
You know, Carol, I've been wondering about the pregnancy issue, too. Actually, I think it won't be too bad if one of them gets pregnant and decides to go on hiatus for the time of her pregnancy (and after). But what was it like when there were only five superheroes around (Clark and his four children)? What did Lara and Annie do when they got pregnant at first? confused

But maybe we'll find out anyway. Lara might drop a hint or two, now that she's expecting again. laugh
Or maybe they're some of those women you just hate because they don't show until they're like 8.5 months and so they wouldn't have to take much time off because they looked pregnant [they might want to, but that's a different issue].

You're right that it probably wouldn't be as big a deal 'now' as it would have 75 years ago, unless they're in an area with only one superhero - then it might be more noticeable. Although I suppose a plausible excuse and a press conference could take care of it 'these days'.

Carol [who still likes Nan's Home Universe more than schoolwork]
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards