Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love the Star Trek pun.
hehehe! I'm glad that someone caught on to that. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
[Linked Image]

Tribbles (and tribulations?)! No, the Troubles with Tribbles (I think). Guess I should have picked it up. But that was never my favorite episode. There was not enough for Spock to do in it. wink

[Linked Image]

Spock experiencing transporter troubles, if not troubles with tribbles or truffles!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ann, you're close enough. wink It's actually "Tribbles and Tribulations" an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine -- which, in fact, basically puts the cast of DS9 on the Enterprise, in the past, during the events of "The Trouble with Tribbles"

...and it's got Dax swooning over Spock. hehehe! Which totally reminded me that I used to have a *huge* crush on Mr. Spock when I was 6 years old. *giggles* (I also loved cmdr. Koenig, from Space 1999 -- I guess I was a sci-fi fan real early on. haha!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The Trouble With Tribbles was the original Kirk and Spock episode - from 1967? Maybe, because I'm sitting here with "Star Trek: FotoNovel #3, The Trouble with Tribbles" in my hand. Copyright 1967, it says in the book. I had no idea about the Tribbles and Tribulations, however - I sort of dropped out of Star Trek after Spock was left behind.

And speaking about nothing, I googled "Spock" - and goodness, what pictures of some people's favorite Vulcan there appear to be out there!!! blush

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually the name of the DS9 show was "Trials and Tribble-ations".

Me thinks Ann has a crush on Spock.

I used to have one on Kirk with Spock a close second - until I realized that the actors that played them were both older than my father. rotflol

In case you don't know, those 'guys' that played Spock and Kirk are the same age and will soon be 84.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Denny ... Denny Crane laugh

IMDb gives his birth date as 1931

I never much cared for Kirk, but Denny Crane is hilarious (although I haven't seen much of this season.)

I'll just add again that I loved your story, Lara.

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man.... you know, it's really bad when I can manage to mess up my Star Trek puns. *lol* Good thing my friends don't know - they'd shun me. hehehe!

84? No... 77. wink And notice that Bill Shatner was born in Montreal, just btw. *giggles* (oh and yeah... Denny Crane! hahaha! love him!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm... How very interesting. I'm sure I read some where a long time ago that he was born in 1924. But things change in Hollywood. But then, too, Nancy could have a faulty memory.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm... that reminds me of something I read sometime during the 1980s, "Nancy Reagan has turned 61 again". rotflol

Maybe the old Star Trek heroes used to be born in 1924, but nowadays they were born in 1931, so that they are 77 again? rotflol

(And I'm sorry if this is getting a bit silly... blush )

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
lol - but Shatner has always been pretty open about his age - with his early history in the Canadian theatre and TV business it was hard not to be, I guess. It's a pretty small world up here. laugh

c.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I too think that the 1931 birth year is right. Nancy is right that both Shatner and Nimoy were born in the same year. And during a 2nd season episode, Kirk said at one point "I'm 34 years old", and I know that was pretty close to his right age. Shatner would actually have been a couple of years older, but not already in his forties by then.

I'm not a particular fan of DS9, but I did love that time travel episode, especially the reference to the Klingon head ridges (or, rather, lack of them...)

Getting off of ST and back to L&C - this was a lovely story, Lara. I can so picture Lois saving the chocolate. I loved the whole thing, including

"But the last time I looked, Kent, you weren't him."
Guess again, Lois! rotflol Terrific stuff!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Thanks Kathy!

Ann - "she turned 61 again", really? LOL! I guess that's like me saying I'm 18 with 20 years of experience.

You know... all this talk about tribbles... I was on my way home tonight and I realized I should have called this "The Trouble with Truffles".... And I'm totally kicking myself, now. That would have been a much better pun. *sigh* That's what I get for writing stories at 2AM and coming up with titles at 3. *giggles*

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
No way. Trufflies and Tribulations is a way better title. It's close enough to trials and tribulations that it rolls off the tongue.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree. Truffles and Tribulations is a way better title.

Hmm... I guess Shatner and Nimoy are older than my mom not my dad. Either way, I find that kind of weird...

Feedback (Real feedback)...

She froze in place, eyes wide, her smile disappearing instantaneously. She'd been caught - and she knew it. Damn that do-gooder partner of hers!
What a great line! I love this!!

I'm doing the chocolate a favor.
I’ll remember that the next time I’m tempted by chocolate.

Chocolate and Superman.
I won’t tell you what I’m thinking. blush

a shy smile tugging at his lips.
Aww... He’s so sweet.

"Yes, Lois, I was." With that, he removed his glasses and took a step forward. "I've always been. You just weren't looking closely enough."

Lois sucked in a sharp breath, her eyes growing wide.

"Now," Clark said, putting the glasses back on, "could we please talk about Lex Luthor?"
That’s got to be one of the best revelations I’ve read. I love this story!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*giggles* OK, I won't change it, then.

Nancy -- about that "chocolate and Superman" line, believe me when I say I was thinking the same thing. blush Thanks for the comments! Really made my morning!

And thanks again to everyone. I can't begin to tell you how happy it's made me to read your comments. sloppy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ok... I know I'm posting way way late... but Lara, PLEASE say you are continuing this! :p

Hi all!

-Breanna

Kerth
Kerth
Just to settle the Star Trek argument...

One of my prized possessions is a laserdisc (1) called Triple Tribble Trouble, which has all THREE (and yes, there were three) Star Trek tribble episodes on it. I just checked the sleeve to get the correct episode titles:

Side one has The Trouble With Tribbles and the first half of More Tribbles, More Troubles, the one everybody forgets - one of the animated episodes. It's OK, but not as good as its predecessor. Side two has the remainder of the animated episode and the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations - note the hyphen.

As far as I know there has never been a DVD release, which is very odd.

(1) 12" double sided optical disk, looks like a giant CD, predecessor of DVDs, holds 45 minutes video per side. I got into them when they were just going out of use and it was possible to buy the disks incredibly cheaply. Still have a hundred or so around, though I'm gradually replacing the better ones with DVDs where available.

Later - just checked Wikipedia and there are apparently tribbles visible in the bar scene of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and the evacuation scene of Star Trek Generations. Weird, considering they're still regarded as pests. They also turn up very briefly in an episode of Enterprise

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, right, there was a TAS episode with Tribbles. I'd definitely forgotten about that. Thanks for the info, Marcus!

...as for Tribbles popping up everywhere, at the rate they reproduce, I'm not surprised, really. *giggles* Oh, look! There's even one in my office:

[Linked Image]

Breanna - thank you for the comments! smile I'm not really sure how I could continue this, honestly. How about:

~.~.~

"Wait," Lois said, shaking her head. She tore open the small packet she held. Taking a truffle from it, she raised her hand to Clark's mouth. On his questioning look, she replied simply, "Open up."

He obliged, letting her feed him the chocolate, though his expression remained one of puzzlement.

"Chocolate and Superman," Lois explained with a grin, "now, you're completely irresistible."

~ The End? ~

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard